stuck at Optimizing Install

#1 Posted by Rand (53 posts) -

hey duders

i got HoTS today downloaded the game launched it i got to the log in screen did try to log in but it froze so i closed it and launched it again

but now i got the optimizing install thing and it says to be taking 15-60 min but that is fine, but my bar is saying 100% done and i can click play even when it says on the bottom that it is still reconfiguring game files.

it has been on for 2 hours now and i did the optimizing for wings of liberty last weekend with no problems. anyone have any ideas?

#2 Edited by Zirilius (617 posts) -

Try closing the client through the Task Manager and relaunch the game. If that doesn't work an uinstall and reinstall might be in order.

#3 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

I had that problem last night. I just deleted the SC2 folder and re downloaded and installed the game over night. Kind of a shity solution. So you might want to try the teamliquid tech forum before doing what I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.