Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

anyone have any real good stories about embarrassing losses

ageofquarrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ageofquarrel

you have suffered? 

Had one today against a protoss were a made an overlord at 9 supply as I usually do. Than while i was scouting thought i forgot to make him and made another overlord at 10. Of course it screwed me up and i got supply blocked later on. Than somehow I accidentally sent two drones to his base that got killed. He pushed out after that and wrecked me. 

Had another one awhile back where the guy was being real talkative in chat anyway i pushed out into his main and he gg's so we BS a little bit and than all the sudden he attacks me with a bunch of hydra's I hold off for a little while but eventually I lose. I felt so dumb after that

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
    deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ageofquarrel said:

" you have suffered?  Had one today against a protoss were a made an overlord at 9 supply as I usually do. Than while i was scouting thought i forgot to make him and made another overlord at 10. Of course it screwed me up and i got supply blocked later on. Than somehow I accidentally sent two drones to his base that got killed. He pushed out after that and wrecked me.  Had another one awhile back where the guy was being real talkative in chat anyway i pushed out into his main and he gg's so we BS a little bit and than all the sudden he attacks me with a bunch of hydra's I hold off for a little while but eventually I lose. I felt so dumb after that "

I hate it when people try to talk to you. I don't care about you at all, let me just stomp your face. 

But yah lots of bad loses, usually cause I forget to play. Like yesterday I just came off a really close game and was super frustrated. I try to do 1-1-1 with terran, but it ends up being super lazy and I end up supply blocked at 19 for a bit which also slows me down. Meanwhile, my opponent does a supper tight 3-4 rax stim push. By the time he gets to my base with 10 marines and 4 marauders or so I have maybe 8 marines. He steam rolled me needless to say.    
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Any time I get canon rushed I want to cry on the inside. You think that if it bothered me so much I would learn how to counter it. But no, I am way too lazy.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gamefreak9

Kinda hard to remember such losses but i do remember one where i had 9 roaches and the other guy had 8, and at the end of the battle i had none and he still had 8... 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

When the beta first started I didn't know that Overlords weren't automatically detectors. Died to a DT rush hard.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By haffy

When I first started playing I had pretty much won the game he had a few buildings left. He said GG and typed has left the game and I left and lost haha.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ben_H  Online

Keep in mind I am a very relaxed player and I don't typically care about losing or cheese (I love 6pools, 4gate allins and roach rushes.  Free wins!). I had an embarrassing game (how I reacted to a bm cheeser) against terran recently who proxy double barracks bunker rushed my base.  He was being a real jerk and told me to "just leave" (At that point I had just scouted and he hadn't even attacked) and that I already lost so I put up a mild fight in my main while building an assimilator on every available vespene gas geiser available on the map (lost temple) and spreading pylons throughout the map.  After he finished off my main, I attempted to rebuild once but he found it.  By then I had an assimilator on every non-island expo in the game so I just typed a smiley face, muted my computer and played Pokemon.  It took him about 10-15 minutes to find all the stuff I hid.  I looked at his record after.  He had played over 1400 1v1s (I knew he had played a lot going in because he had a thor icon which is 500 wins).  In the previous two weeks all of his wins were cheeses  and same with many of his loses (most matches lasted 10 minutes at the most).  He was still only in silver after 1400 1v1s plus a few hundred 2v2s.  I felt justified in how I responded after seeing that. I realized later on that I should have built one starport because all he had was marauders and one or two voidrays would have killed everything.

@SpikeSpiegel
    said:

" Any time I get canon rushed I want to cry on the inside. You think that if it bothered me so much I would learn how to counter it. But no, I am way too lazy. "
    I don't blame you.  It seems so simple yet if they get one cannon and two pylons down you're screwed (as protoss.  Terran can just lift and the protoss is out a ton of minerals).  There's a cannon rush tactic on Metalopolis that seems almost impossible currently because it is so fast (you go 12 forge then mass minerals) and unless you immediately catch it you automatically lose your main because they place the cannons so they are in range then you just use a scout probe to gain vision and then spam pylons around their minerals so you have permanent vision.  The cannons will slowly pick off all the workers and if you block the ramp, they can't escape.  My buddy in diamond claimed that this build seems to be more and more common in his level of diamond on PVP on Metalopolis to the point of if you don't go forge first or rush zealots to your expo you can lose ridiculously fast.  Luckily it isn't that common yet. 

Also, I hate it when people pre-emptively gg then keep going.  I had a guy gg three times (he lost everything but a hidden expo after the first gg) before he finally quit.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora
    @MauveForest said:
    " @ageofquarrel said:

" you have suffered?  Had one today against a protoss were a made an overlord at 9 supply as I usually do. Than while i was scouting thought i forgot to make him and made another overlord at 10. Of course it screwed me up and i got supply blocked later on. Than somehow I accidentally sent two drones to his base that got killed. He pushed out after that and wrecked me.  Had another one awhile back where the guy was being real talkative in chat anyway i pushed out into his main and he gg's so we BS a little bit and than all the sudden he attacks me with a bunch of hydra's I hold off for a little while but eventually I lose. I felt so dumb after that "

I hate it when people try to talk to you.
    Well I certainly don't want to play with you, jerk! 

Kidding. Most people don't give a fuck if you even say gl hf. Half the time I never get a response when I type that in. 

The most undeserving and humilating loss I had was when I was playing a 2v2 placement match and let the other player just turtle up (both of us were turtling pretty hard). The guy proceeds to drop like a hundred banelings on my expo with 20 overlords and the other team just demolished us. I still blame my teammate for sucking too much. I definitely need to work on pressuring because I can't keep on losing to these fucking bronze dewbs in 2v2 who wait to make their doom army.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By imsh_pl

I once played a PvT on Scrap Station. I made a 13 gate, then send a probe to scout.
    When it got to his base, I found it strange that he hadn't even made a barracks. I suspected a proxy rax,
    so I sent the probe back, but neglected to check the area behind his minerals (thought to myself:
    who would hide a rax behind his mins?). I didn't find any proxy but then...

He send a Command Centre floating to my base!

He landed it near my nexus and turned it into a planetary! I couldn't believe he could hide a CC under construction,
    so I send a zeal t ohis main to kill off his workers. Turned out that he flew main into my main, transporting some SCV.

Shortly after he killed  all my buildings and had his base inside my base, with SCVs mining :(

When I was watching the replay, I saw what he did with his money: he built an e-bay behind his mins, saved some gas 
    and went on a trip to my main.  Of course, only during the replay I quickly realised that all I had to do was to just follow his 
    flying CC with a probe to prevent it from landing.

I remember that I laughed my ass off, and thanked my adversary for this awesome show before gg-ing.

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By twillfast
    @imsh_pl: That's a good one, PF rush. I once lost to a late game PF-all-in in practice league ^_^

My first ever game was pretty funny. I said glhf and my opponent answered "I WILL DESTROY YOU". Before I had any good anti-air (only small group of marines) he had a bunch of mutas in my base. I was getting slaughtered, trying to pump more marines and run them between my bases.. I had no turrets, didn't even have an engi bay!
    The funny thing was, he kept writing to me about how I was a noob and how he would murder me (in all caps of course), and all the while he was lagging a bit. At the end I was pretty much just about to gg and he lagged out!
    That drop felt so good, though it was an embarassingly weak game on my part.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.