Anyone still play the original?

#1 Posted by Skepsis (11 posts) -

Everyone once in a while I play with my friends, especially if a new piece of news relating to SC2 is released; it just hypes us up even more. I usually use Zerg to rush and annoy my friends if we're playing on money maps or I use Protoss and end up suprising my friends on standard maps. The original with Brood War is still my favorite RTS of all time, where in my opinion no other game of the genre comes close.

#2 Posted by TheIneffableBob (243 posts) -

Yes, I still play Brood War to this day, and I started playing when it was released in 1998. It really is quite an addicting game.

#3 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

Yeah, I still play Starcraft at least three times a year.

#4 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

haven't played SC in at least 5 years... I should really relearn micro managing again before SC2 comes out.

#5 Posted by NeoTheta (222 posts) -

I dabble in StarCraft. Mainly the single player, but I hop online for a few rounds every once in a while. Classic game for sure.

#6 Posted by Schadenfreude (206 posts) -

I bought this back in January and have been meaning to beat it before the sequel comes out. From what I played of it I liked.

#7 Posted by p0tet (48 posts) -

i suck at rts games...but i love the story and universe of starcraft.

#8 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

Yes until my computer was dieing then I had to uninstall it.

#9 Posted by Ideas (6 posts) -

I play at least a few hours a week. I went on a long spell but started playing again back in February.

If you want to play on a ladder, check out www.iccup.com (also great with lag and anti-hack).

#10 Posted by zeox (87 posts) -

I used to play it alot, but now I just follow the pro-gaming scene in korea.

#11 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

hell yea, im getting together with my friends tomorrow night and were gonna LAN it
woooooo

#12 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

I played for roughly 6-7 years, Been there and done the WCG (Melbourne, Australia), played in the online ladders.

One thing is for sure, there is alot more people online now days (because of the SC2 hype). Its the only game of its kind that people still play noting just how long ago the game was released (expansion or original in 1998). Its still huge in Korea and other Asian countries, 6 figure sum prize money is still widely seen around the circuit.

I'll be sure to pick up my copy of SC2 when the time comes.

#13 Posted by Mikael (33 posts) -

I play once in a while, I do follow the korean pro scene though.

#14 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I play the original and Brood War.  A lot.  I sometimes will use the cheats on the campaign, because it makes it so pathetically easy. lol.

#15 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Too hard to go back

#16 Posted by scamp115 (13 posts) -

My friends and I try to set up games from time to time. It is a classic game that has an appeal all it's own.

#17 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Yea, i play on on and off every time they release new information about the SC2, Just to keep me really really hyped.

#18 Posted by Moat (13 posts) -

hmmm....Do I still play one of the greatest games of all time?

Yes.....yes I do

#19 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

I play every once in a while, never really did play the actual ladder games. Ended up just playing UMS only lol.
I really want to get back into map making. It was exciting to see one of my maps being played by the majority of UMS players at the time.

#20 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1159 posts) -

I started playing it again after the SC2 announcement to brush up.

#21 Posted by Charleslegrand (186 posts) -

Going through the story again.  I kinda don't want to do the Zerg campaign in Brood War, though I'll have to, since I still remember how it ends (from playing it many many years ago) and Raynor better kick her ass in SC2 !

#22 Posted by DarthMaul (803 posts) -

I stopped playing a couple weeks ago.

I still play Diablo, though. ^.^

#23 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

Hells yes I do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.