Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Best GSL Season?

Uri555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Uri555

Hello Giant Bomb! 

I got a question for those of you that have been watching the GSL.  I don't have the time to watch the seasons live so I've been thinking about purchasing a post-season ticket. So which season is the best? By that I mean which season has the best highlights, best comebacks or best match-ups. 

I've heard that season 3 has had a lot of all-in cheese builds and I'm not really interested in watching those. I'm looking for longer, hard fought, back and forth match-ups. Any suggestions? Thanks.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By endless_void

Season 2 was intense

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thule

Yeah, I'd say Season 2 was the best also. Season 3 has a couple great games so far, but there's alot of garbage in there as well.

Kyrix vs Foxer, SlayerSBoxeR vs NaDa and tons of other great matches.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By leburgan

Season 3 is every TvZ is 2 rax allins

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

gotta agree with season 2.  pretty disappointed with the korean play this time, though i'm totally pleased with the Jinro adventure

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Malakhii

2 was pretty damn good. 

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Rayeth

GSL 2 had a lot of garbage early (Ro64 especially) just like every GSL so far.  There were a lot of great games later in the tournament though.

If you must buy a whole season get season 2, but I would perhaps say the Ro64 game between TSL_Clide and LeenockfOu is the best single set of games ever played in any of the GSLs.  If you can just buy a pass to watch those games I would do it do in a heartbeat.  Before anything in GSL2 or the rest of GSL3, that series is amazing.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By commandercup

GSL2 was incredible with some spectacular match-ups and I'd probably rate that as the best. That being said, the GSL3 finals and semi-finals are going to be epic with Jinro, HongUn and MC. The RO64 of GSL3 was filled with 2-0's, so it wasn't nearly as interesting as it should have been.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NickL

i haven't watched alot of gsl 1, but the announcers always talk about how it sucked... 
    imo season 3 beats season 2, sure alot of the round of 64 was filled with all ins, but round 32 to now has been awesome

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Ferginator4k

I havent really watched any Season 2 or 3 but im doubtful they can top how awesome Fruit Dealer was in the finals of S1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.