Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Best place to get matches with commentary

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Time_Lord

So I have watched all the batlle reports and I am looking for the best place to get vids with 
    commentary. 

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By harris
    Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sporkbane
    ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By ethan_raiden

husky and hd are your best bet, another good one you can see is blizzshoutcast, also on youtube

CoryBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CoryBoom
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93
    supergumxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By supergumxp
    Sneakyfella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sneakyfella

woo thanks

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By sixghost

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50875&currentpage=334

That's the link to the Teamliquid.net VOD thread. It's got links to most of the important SC2 tourneys, and it's also got a lot of korean sc1 matches as well, so you'll have to search a bit.

You can also look on the right tab of the website to check if there are any SC2 tourneys being streamed at the moment, or day9 dailys. And there are usually user streams listed there as well, if you are lucky you can catch some really good players streaming like LZ or nony.

fang273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fang273

Sc2gg.com, use the VOD tracker. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned already.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Kyle
    rhodric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rhodric
    @supergumxp:  crota is by far the worst commentator on youtube. he basically describe what's happening on the screen and he can't even do that well. He offers zero analysis and no insight into gameplay, builds, notable points, etc.
    great for a blind man, not so useful for those with IQ over 50.
    Jokers_Wild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jokers_Wild

Day[9] is by far my favorite for starcraft commentary

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Rayeth

HD and Husky are a great place to go for the new comer to the game.  After you've played a few games yourself and listened to most of HD and Husky's stuff, you will appreciate Day[9] much more.    His commentaries are much more high level than either HD or Husky (especially Husky).  Day[9] really delves deep into the possible strategies and what is going through the players' heads.  He is also well regarded in the Starcraft community at large.  His daily podcasts are EXCELLENT learning opportunities as well as sometimes being hilarious.   I highly recommend him.

http://da9tv.blip.tv   He has tons of game commentaries on there, and his daily Day9 Daily podcasts which generally focus on a couple games a day.

rhfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rhfb

The thing I don't like about what I've seen of Day[9] so far is I haven't actually seen him cast a game without pausing. He does go into great depth while casting, but it seems every video I've seen of his starts with a few minuets of him talking to the camera, followed by a 30+ minuet cast of a 15 minuet game. That is one reason I still prefer Husky/HD. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong videos, maybe he just does things his way.

minott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By minott

I don't mind that day9 pauses the game, and I actually found it quite novel the first time i saw him slow the game down real quick to point something out that might have taken too long to explain while other things are happening with the game, but yeah, he puts the camera on himself way too often, and it's never really necessary... I would much rather hear him talk about starcraft while showing me starcraft, than hear him tell a generally irrelevant story while looking at him... But, his actual starcraft commentary is second to none, so I deal with it.

iGaboru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By iGaboru

Like many others have mentioned, Crota, HD and Husky are the best guys around YouTube.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Ferginator4k

I reccomend Totalbiscuit's ShoutCraft - Which can be watched here.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By keyhunter

Hahaha people that commentate on starcraft always sound like such fucking wieners. Someone with an actual broadcasting voice should get in on it. Because "dayum"

devosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By devosion

Husky, Husky, Husky....on youtube. 

That is all.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pinworm45
    @rhfb said:
    " The thing I don't like about what I've seen of Day[9] so far is I haven't actually seen him cast a game without pausing. He does go into great depth while casting, but it seems every video I've seen of his starts with a few minuets of him talking to the camera, followed by a 30+ minuet cast of a 15 minuet game. That is one reason I still prefer Husky/HD. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong videos, maybe he just does things his way. "
    Day9's casting isn't really casting, IMO. It's analyzing. It's not meant to be taken as entertainment (although I can enjoy his videos) as much as a lesson of sorts. 

if you're into "I wanna be entertained by some starcraft", Husky and HD are the place to go. 

If you want a balance, I HEAR that's what AskJoshy and PsyStarcraft (google) do - a mix of casting without pausing but with some actual analysis and advice as well. I haven't watched these two though so I don't know. 

And if you just wanna laugh you can watch KKstarcraft, a guy and girl team who are trying to get popular based solely on the fact that they have a female caster, and constantly pimp it that fact on the SC2 forums.
    Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shibbxyz

STORRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Rayeth
    @Pinworm45:@Pinworm45 said:

Day9's casting isn't really casting, IMO. It's analyzing. It's not meant to be taken as entertainment (although I can enjoy his videos) as much as a lesson of sorts.  if you're into "I wanna be entertained by some starcraft", Husky and HD are the place to go.  If you want a balance, I HEAR that's what AskJoshy and PsyStarcraft (google) do - a mix of casting without pausing but with some actual analysis and advice as well. I haven't watched these two though so I don't know.  And if you just wanna laugh you can watch KKstarcraft, a guy and girl team who are trying to get popular based solely on the fact that they have a female caster, and constantly pimp it that fact on the SC2 forums. "

Day[9] has lots of real casts as well where he is usually casting games live (vs casting replays like Husky, HD and others do sometimes).  You just have to browse through his archive and find the games NOT labeled with the "Day[9] Daily" tags.   A lot of the time his casted games end up on other people's sites, like MLG (Major League Gaming) or Fragster.de or what have you.  

On that note check out MLG's youtube channel.  They have a King of the Beta Hill tournament with lots of famous players  as well as tons of showmatches and other series between pro players.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MajorLeagueGaming

AskJoshy and PsyStarcraft are two great casters too.   I've recently really liked the stuff AskJoshy has been doing.  Its a good deal higher level than the HD and Husky channels, but has some analysis too (without pauses).  AskJoshy is part of ICCup tv which is a great organization that hosts lots of tournaments and stuff all the time.  They usually cast games live with AskJoshy and Raelcun doing the commentary.  PsyStarcraft is a GREAT zerg player, I haven't watched a ton of his videos yet, but he has a few tutorials that are amazing.  Plus he does lots of games of himself v others so you can get the mindset of what he was thinking when making certain moves, which is very helpful.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pinworm45
    @Rayeth said:
    " @Pinworm45:@Pinworm45 said:

Day9's casting isn't really casting, IMO. It's analyzing. It's not meant to be taken as entertainment (although I can enjoy his videos) as much as a lesson of sorts.  if you're into "I wanna be entertained by some starcraft", Husky and HD are the place to go.  If you want a balance, I HEAR that's what AskJoshy and PsyStarcraft (google) do - a mix of casting without pausing but with some actual analysis and advice as well. I haven't watched these two though so I don't know.  And if you just wanna laugh you can watch KKstarcraft, a guy and girl team who are trying to get popular based solely on the fact that they have a female caster, and constantly pimp it that fact on the SC2 forums. "

Day[9] has lots of real casts as well where he is usually casting games live (vs casting replays like Husky, HD and others do sometimes).  You just have to browse through his archive and find the games NOT labeled with the "Day[9] Daily" tags.   A lot of the time his casted games end up on other people's sites, like MLG (Major League Gaming) or Fragster.de or what have you.   "
    Oh, sure, I'm not saying he's never done 'for entertainment' casts. He definitely has, it's just not his main thing, like it is for husky or HD. 

But I HIGHLY recommend people watch Day9's cast of Chill versus CombatX. It's probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, and thoroughly entertaining. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.