Brad Shoemaker, esports Correspondent

#1 Edited by csl316 (9480 posts) -

So, now that GB is working next to Gamespot, I'm kind of excited to see Brad take some more trips to cover esports if it continues to keep growing.

GS sent out Slasher to the Winter Arena and seem to be interested in covering the scene. I don't know how that experiment worked out, but imagine if Brad gets access to the tools and cash to start checking out more of these events. I don't know how closely he follows the scene these days, but it could be potentially awesome. Maybe even branching into all the other games on the rise, as well.

#2 Posted by EthanML (459 posts) -

Never thought of this, could be awesome. Though if the guys continue to be as busy as they were before, I dunno if he could afford to devote significant chunks of time to a relatively "old" game, even one with a more awesome and active scene than any other. Could definitely at least do the occasional story, though.

#3 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Is Brad good at SC2?

#4 Posted by EthanML (459 posts) -

He was above average back around launch but nothing amazing, but that's not really the point here =p

#5 Posted by SpaceRunaway (873 posts) -

Is asking if Brad's good at SC2 similar to saying he's leaving? I can't tell if that's supposed to be a meme or not, it seems that I see it just as frequently.

#6 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway said:

Is asking if Brad's good at SC2 similar to saying he's leaving?

Whoa whoa whoa... what? Who's leaving?

#7 Posted by MrMazz (1032 posts) -

i would like this idea just because im slowly becoming mroe and more interested in esports get some fighting game tournamnet stuff also

#8 Posted by SpaceRunaway (873 posts) -

@Lunar_Aura:

Well, actually...he already left. He's gone to Gamespot now...

#9 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway said:

@Lunar_Aura:

Well, actually...he already left. He's gone to Gamespot now...

Ah, that's fitting. He was never really good at videogames after all.

#10 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

aaaaaaaaaaa esports

#11 Posted by FLStyle (4923 posts) -

@MrMazz said:

i would like this idea just because im slowly becoming mroe and more interested in esports get some fighting game tournamnet stuff also

I'll reserve opinion on Giant Bomb doing esports and (even more so) fighting game tournaments when I see an article. If they attempt it and the only thing they accomplish is exposing that they don't know how to write competitive gaming articles then at least they tried.

#12 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

EEEEEEEEESPORTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#13 Posted by BaconGames (3577 posts) -

If it means we get more videos like that Korean training house one then I'm all on board for that.

#14 Posted by Grimluck343 (1160 posts) -

I really just want to see video of Jeff at EVO.

#15 Posted by csl316 (9480 posts) -

@Tuffgong said:

If it means we get more videos like that Korean training house one then I'm all on board for that.

Exactly what I'm hoping for. The nice thing about Brad is he was educated on the subject. I don't know how current he is with it, but it'd be nice to have him take some more trips if they have the time and money. Since that original video, you've had team houses popping up all over the world (with EG being the easiest to get to). There's been a huge growth in tournaments on the foreign end, and there's also the potential to look into all sorts of other games.

An MLG would be kind of awesome, due to the diversity in communities. I'd love to see him sit down with Sundance to discuss how vastly improved MLG is compared to the first tourney of last year. Especially since that organization and GB are both so in tune and transparent with their fanbases.

@Grimluck343 said:

I really just want to see video of Jeff at EVO.

Also, this.

#16 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

Honestly, I'd love to see Patrick cover some of these events. Giant bomb doesn't need to cover the event itself, plenty of websites already do that. But some behind the scene stories patrick style might be pretty awesome to see.

#17 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

That would be pretty sweet.

Still, with all due respect, compared to Slasher, Brad is a little bit of an e-sports newbie.

#18 Posted by StepwiseDuchess (79 posts) -

I would like to see GB get more involved with SC2.

It's a consistently popular game among the GB community so it should be discussed more often.

Slasher should help Brad become GB's esports guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.