Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Digital Download or Box?

dunderri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dunderri

I'm sure it doesn't matter that much, but how did you buy the game? I really am looking into this and I wanna know whether it's better to buy the box or download it digitally. Do they have any kind of instructions with the digital? How much information do they give you in the booklet that comes with the box?

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ComradeKritstov

The booklet that comes in the boxed version just includes System Requirements, installation instructions, troubleshooting, and then the story from Starcraft and Brood War (I assume that is what it is). 

I went with the boxed version myself because I like the box and installation would be a lot faster, and once you register it to your battle.net account, you can redownload whenever you want just like the digital version. 

Oh yea and the boxed version comes with a sweet notepad with a wanted poster for Jim Raynor.

dunderri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dunderri
    @ComradeKritstov said:
    " The booklet that comes in the boxed version just includes System Requirements, installation instructions, troubleshooting, and then the story from Starcraft and Brood War (I assume that is what it is).  I went with the boxed version myself because I like the box and installation would be a lot faster, and once you register it to your battle.net account, you can redownload whenever you want just like the digital version.  Oh yea and the boxed version comes with a sweet notepad with a wanted poster for Jim Raynor. "
    Hmm, I guess it's just better to download it digitally if there really isn't any substance in the instruction booklet, since I already know the background and I don't care about a notepad! lol.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I got the boxed version.

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By infamous021

I got a free poster with mine.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

i was watching the GB stream for this game like 30 minutes before midnight of launch and that was enough to make me go to walmart and stand for a couple of minutes with a few other guys and buy a boxed copy of the game.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond

When the game is selling for $30-ish and/or comes with expansions I plan on getting it in a box.  I only ever buy stuff digitally if that's the only way or it's way cheaper.

Avatar image for favoritobandito
    FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FavoritoBandito

I got the box and I'm loving the notepad.

Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By NikoAlexander57

I am going to get the box edition.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanwho

People are taking pictures of the serials from the box and downloading digital copies. So I'd DD and purchase the code.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

Had bills to pay so I couldn't afford the Collectors Edition just yet.  
    Went and bought the Digital Download version from blizzard (only took like an hour or two to download and install for me) 
    I really wanted the CE though and heck I might even get it anyway, what that would mean is that there would be another code for someone out there who hasn't gotten the game. 

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By vager

Got the digital version.

sileonex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sileonex

I got the digital version because I don't have a DVD drive.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sixghost
    @Diamond said:
    " When the game is selling for $30-ish and/or comes with expansions I plan on getting it in a box.  I only ever buy stuff digitally if that's the only way or it's way cheaper. "
    Just thinking about an SC2 battle chest makes my heart skip a beat. I must have bought that BW battlechest like 4-5 times because I kept losing my CD keys. Worth it every time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.