Do we have an estimate release time for Legacy of the void?

#1 Edited by lmephisto (190 posts) -

Now that we know that heart of swarm is coming , i cant actually wait for the final (if its the final) EXPANSION* of the protoss . But so far i havent found/heard anything related to that!

#2 Posted by Dezztroy (804 posts) -

Judging by how long Heart of the Swarm has taken, probably no sooner than 2015.

#3 Edited by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

I don't think Blizzard even has a clue what that is at this point aside from story stuff. Your jumping the gun a bit here. Plus it's Blizzard so don't get your hopes up for any news until the next Blizcon.

#4 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

:(

#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

And I can't understand why you are so interested in LotV when we don't even know when HotS is coming out. That hyped about the Protoss campaign?

#6 Posted by EthanML (455 posts) -

LOL, you're kidding right?

#7 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4798 posts) -

Good god, man! HotS isn't even out yet. Have some sodding patience!

#8 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I remember seeing a leaked blizzard memo that said it would come out fall 2015 roughly. Seems like a pretty good estimation. Also had some stuff on there about the next wow expansion and titan.

#9 Posted by captain_max707 (490 posts) -

Heart of the Swarm isn't even in beta yet, supposedly. So, a while. 

#10 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@lmephisto said:

Now that we know that heart of swarm is coming , i cant actually wait for the final (if its the final) dlc of the protoss . But so far i havent found/heard anything related to that!

1. The public beta of HotS hasn't even been annouced.

2. LotV isn't 'dlc'

#11 Posted by andriv (256 posts) -

when it's ready

#12 Posted by DeF (4904 posts) -

@lmephisto said:

Now that we know that heart of swarm is coming , i cant actually wait for the final (if its the final) dlc of the protoss . But so far i havent found/heard anything related to that!

first off, it's not DLC, secondly, are you seriously wondering why you haven't heard anything about an expansion that nobody is working on because they're just barely getting the first one done?

you can expect 1 year of silence after heart of the swarm releases and then at least another 18 months of dev time for legacy of the void to come out.

#13 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@DeF: Yes i am seriously wondering about the last expansion* because when i get the Heart of the swarm i wont be able to wait another so time for my preferred race of the game to be released :)

Oh and when sometimes we say DLC we mean expansion but please don't try to give me a lecture like you are the best professor of games that tries to hold on words and show superiority because that makes you stupid. I think the rest of the people understood my meaning,

My question was more enthusiastic and i was showing my anticipation for this great game.

#14 Posted by DeF (4904 posts) -

@lmephisto: I'm just saying you're getting excited far too early for something that doesn't even exist at this point.

And I pointed out the DLC/expansion thing because your post initially made it seem like you might not have realized that these are standalone, full on retail-expansion and just some little mission-pack you just download from battle.net .

#15 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

@DeF: My bad for the confusion then

#16 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

Heat Death of the Universe

#17 Posted by DarkShaper (1338 posts) -

I would assume that it will be out before Star Craft 3

#18 Edited by mellotronrules (1193 posts) -

@DeF said:

@lmephisto: I'm just saying you're getting excited far too early for something that doesn't even exist at this point.

And I pointed out the DLC/expansion thing because your post initially made it seem like you might not have realized that these are standalone, full on retail-expansion and just some little mission-pack you just download from battle.net .

in the very same vein of accuracy, i'm not sure 'standalone' is the best choice of words there- seeing as HotS will REQUIRE WoL to play. 'feature' or 'full' length is probably more fitting.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq#q6

#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Maybe this year (Blizzard time), so I would say summer 2014.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.