Do you use the "I win" build?

#1 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

Formerly known as MMM,(Marines,Marauders,Medivacs). 

If so, Im on my way to your house to CUT YOU UP 

/nerdrage

#2 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I use 14 pool 15 hatch or a 4 warpgate rush, depending on race. I hate Terrans.

#3 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Infestors and Banelings>MMM

#4 Posted by Shirogane (3576 posts) -
@Fragstoff said:
" @Aus_azn said:
"  I hate Terrans. "
gotta learn to love yourself "

If his name is any indication, he's asian. And we all know asians aren't Terrans, we're Zerg damnit. Much better than you pathetic squishy Terrans. 

Oh and, i play Terran, but i hardly use the MMM build. Still, my tactics are probably even more annoying. So be grateful.
#5 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -

I play protoss MMM=UENRFGNDJGNDAOFAGANJG reaction from me

#6 Posted by adoggz (2068 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie: lrn 2 play nub
#7 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -
@adoggz: learn to build more than 2 units ^_^
#8 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie: Protoss shouldn't be afraid of MMM. 
#9 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

With a 4 warpgate rush, I solely use Blink Stalkers and Dark Templars. Sometimes if my macro goes crazy, I'll open up to 8 warpgates. 

Zerg I'm still getting used to, but 14 pool 15 hatch is working for me, open zerglings on their base, then transition hydralisks to ultralisks. 

@Shirogane said:

" @Fragstoff said:

" @Aus_azn said:
"  I hate Terrans. "
If his name is any indication, he's asian. And we all know asians aren't Terrans, we're Zerg damnit. Much better than you pathetic squishy Terrans.  Oh and, i play Terran, but i hardly use the MMM build. Still, my tactics are probably even more annoying. So be grateful. "
Right on the money, hahah.
#10 Posted by tankintheair315 (347 posts) -

Not afraid of that, but when you get some tanks in there you can go fuck yourself.

#11 Posted by adoggz (2068 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie:  but MMM is 3...... ;P
#12 Posted by kenya24 (235 posts) -

I play terran and MMM most of the time (ie. I need to learn other ways to play). 

I just played a protoss dude who went hard stalker and high templar. Kiss MMM goodbye. It was completely useless. Straight MMM doesn't counter that. I got worked. :( 

#13 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

I just use my trusty "win game" button.

#14 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -
@Aus_azn said: 
@Shirogane said:

" @Fragstoff said:

" @Aus_azn said:
"  I hate Terrans. "
If his name is any indication, he's asian. And we all know asians aren't Terrans, we're Zerg damnit. Much better than you pathetic squishy Terrans.  Oh and, i play Terran, but i hardly use the MMM build. Still, my tactics are probably even more annoying. So be grateful. "
Right on the money, hahah. "

My Asian friends would argue they're Protoss; how strange.
#15 Posted by SL33TBL1ND (525 posts) -
@tankintheair315 said:
" Not afraid of that, but when you get some tanks in there you can go fuck yourself. "
Siege tank Medivac drop! Woo!
#16 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" Formerly known as MMM,(Marines,Marauders,Medivacs).  If so, Im on my way to your house to CUT YOU UP  /nerdrage "
Come and get me bitch
#17 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Thread is dumb. MMM isn't imba, it's the marauders themselves, if they do a slight nerf there'll be no problem. Not that you should have one if you play protoss.

#18 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

I lol'd because I've been fucked up pretty bad by just about any other race while I'm doing a Destiny Cloudfist aka. MMM build. L2counter.

#19 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

psi stormuuuu

#20 Posted by StartAndPause (115 posts) -
@raiz265
psi stormuuuu
Winner.
#21 Posted by Mowgers (380 posts) -

I use MMM as a second wave. Ravens to harass economy, or Ghosts to harass expansions (nukes). Then in comes the blob. Dude, its like, that's clearly how those units were intended to be used. Use psi storm. Or a bunch of Dark templar. Or aim for his medivacs with stalkers, using blink to keep him on his toes.

#22 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

seems to me like 4gate is the real I Win build.

#23 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

MMM is pretty ridiculous until templar/infestors, though.

@Pinworm45 said:

" seems to me like 4gate is the real I Win build. "

Your Zerg, right? If you mark down XNC and Blistering you'll never get beat by a 4gate. Really any other map you just spine crawler up and not be touched.

But on XNC it's tough, and Blistering it's almost impossible to stop.
#24 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

Nope. What I do is laugh when my banelings turn a MMM push into red chunks.

#25 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -

It's pretty much the de facto build... That or 1/1/1, which I also like a lot, works great against noobs. Wall in and get two banshees out in the first six minutes or so and you can end the game right there pretty often. Totally rapes Zerg, kill the queen and they've got no air defense most of the time... Easy pickings.

#26 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

After growing love to the psionic storm the MMM isn't really scary anymore. It's more of a mild speedbump.

#27 Posted by H4xlike (39 posts) -
@Aus_azn said:
" I use 14 pool 15 hatch or a 4 warpgate rush, depending on race. I hate Terrans. "
4 gate toss hating on MMM talk about irony.
#28 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@SJSchmidt93 said:
"  MMM is pretty ridiculous until templar/infestors, though.

@Pinworm45 said:

" seems to me like 4gate is the real I Win build. "

Your Zerg, right? If you mark down XNC and Blistering you'll never get beat by a 4gate. Really any other map you just spine crawler up and not be touched.  But on XNC it's tough, and Blistering it's almost impossible to stop. "
I actually was more kidding, I haven't played 1v1 in a long time (been too busy, unfortunately), but from what I understand 4gate is pushing the protoss win/loss really, really high and people who should be around silver or gold are taking out diamonds using only 4gate.
#29 Posted by SSully (4194 posts) -

I usually build according to what i scout, but being in the silver lead i usually always open with marines marauders, by the time i am ready to attack i already transition into air. If my first attack fails i usually will have my air forces built up right when my last guy dies/falls back. 

#30 Posted by ajamafalous (12004 posts) -

Muscle Milk and Moolians?

#31 Posted by bananablade (34 posts) -

Man people need to stop complaining about MMM. It isnt as overpowered as you think, jesus just build HTs / infestors you can tear apart a shit load of units with little to no effort. Zerg players seem to know how to cry the most I must get BMed by zerg players half the time I win against them. 

#32 Posted by kelbear (496 posts) -

MMM vs toss is not the end of the world, it just takes stronger play from the protoss player to overcome. Mainly, the toss player needs more balance in his unit mix(namely sentries), and skilled use of forcefields. The units themselves are capable of fighting quite evenly, it just takes a little more work from the protoss to keep up. 

What bothers me is how stupid fast concussive shells come out for marauders. Really early aggression with concussive shells will counter both zealots(kiting) as well as stalkers(20damage vs. armored) before gas collection has gotten to the point where the protoss player will have multiple forcefields to resist with.  Zealot speed is completely out of the picture this early (jeez, imagine if zealot speed upgraded from the gateway for 50m/50g?).

After army sizes scale up, the concussive shells stop slowing every single unit of the protoss and then some give and take will begin. By the time stim enters the picture, terran can once again kite zealots and stalkers to a shutout victory, however, by this time the protoss should have had ample opportunity to bring sentries to forcefield off that kind of kiting.  In the end, only the really early concussive shells seem out of balance, maybe add 20 seconds to it (they can still research off their other tech lab too, so it wouldn't put stim research behind).

#33 Posted by Meptron (1079 posts) -

I know rite? I hate it when my opponent builds stuff, and then kills me with it. Totally cheap! They should do the honorable thing and let me win.

#34 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@tankintheair315 said:
" Not afraid of that, but when you get some tanks in there you can go fuck yourself. "
this
#35 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@H4xlike said:
" @Aus_azn said:
" I use 14 pool 15 hatch or a 4 warpgate rush, depending on race. I hate Terrans. "
4 gate toss hating on MMM talk about irony. "
Ah, I meant I hate playing as Terrans. My strategy isn't much better than MMM; proxied Blink Stalkers and DTs.
#36 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@billnyethesciencepie said:
" @adoggz: learn to build more than 2 units ^_^ "
But MMM is three units?
#37 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

If you're not Colossi/Psi Storming you're doing it wrong. 

(I play as Terran, and use 111)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.