Game Jargon needed for story

#1 Posted by dogman795 (109 posts) -

Okay, I need some high-concept starcraft mumbo-jumbo for a story I'm writing. The characters are having a war strategy meeting, and when asked his opinion one of the characters needs to spout off an extremely complicated and confusing (to non-starcraft players) strategy using the kinda of vocabulary you would use to describe a match in starcraft. Unfortunately my knowledge of the lingo doesn't stem very far, and having him say "9 pylon" repeatedly won't really fit. So i'm turning to you guys for help. It needs to be 100% serious sounding even though the scene is played for laughs (the other characters won't know what he's talking about). I'd like it to be about 4-6 sentences if possible, but if that's too much then it's fine. Thank you in advance for any help!

Additional info:

The side the starcraft guy is on has three fairly large armies, the enemy forces are two very large armies.

The good guys are stuck in a corner on a peninsula, the enemies forces stretch for several hundred miles north.

The starcraft guy plays protos.

#2 Posted by Slag (4903 posts) -
#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Starcraft has the best jargon: "Destiny cloud fist" refers to the 1/1/1 Terran opener and sounds like the literal translation of a Street Fighter move.

You might check out a few of the older Newbie Tuesday casts by Day[9] for some more basic jargon that might as well be Sanskrit to the uninitiated.

#4 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

"Destiny cloud fist" refers to the 1/1/1 Terran opener

both of those sound like extremely odd sexual activities to me lol

@dogman795: you don't happen to be writing for The Big Bang Theory, do you? :P

#5 Posted by csl316 (9519 posts) -

You should probably add in master of the metagame at some point.

#6 Edited by mshaw006 (564 posts) -

How about "proxy 2-gate zealot push," or any subset of that. Whatever you do, "proxy"s always a good word to stick in there.

#7 Posted by CJduke (800 posts) -

Open with a forge fast expand into stargate harass, allowing you to take a third without worrying about roach all ins. Once you wall off your third switch tech from stargate to robo productions and then use warp prisms to harass with DTs. Keep hurting their economy while maxing out and getting double upgrades then take your deathball and start sniping expansions and taking over the map. Leave some cannons at your bases to defend counter-attacks.

#8 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

9 pylon is a sick build, i open with it every game, even vs Z

#9 Posted by Jace (1096 posts) -

I highly recommend this for some good jargon music.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.