Giant Bomb Community SC2 EU Tournament #11, Feb 19th!

#1 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

Wrex won the tournament, congratulations Wrex!

Hall of Fame:

List of previous EU tournament champions:

Rules:

- The tournament will be played in a double elimination format. This means you'll have to lose twice in order to be eliminated.

- The semi-final and final matches will be played as a Best-of-3.

- If a player drops from a match, he may request a rematch, assuming the match was relatively even.

- No cheating or use of exploits is allowed.

- Spectating other people's matches is allowed, assuming you don't have to play a match yourself. But please be courteous enough to leave if a player experiences lag due to a large number of spectators.

Maps:

Map pool:

• - Cloud Kingdom LE
  • - Antiga Shipyard
  • - Entombed Valley
  • - Metalopolis
  • - Shakuras Plateau
  • - Tal'Darim Altar LE
  • - The Shattered Temple

Still deciding on a map pool, will have something here soon.

+ Map to play on will be determined by elimination. Each player will eliminate one map each until only one map remains to play on. (You can also just come to a consensus together on which map you want to play on)

+ In the Best-of-3's in the semi-final and final the loser gets to pick the map after the first game.

How to sign up:

Reply in this thread saying you'd like to enter. Official sign-ups will be at the start of the tournament in order to eliminate no-shows and to keep the number of Bye's to a minimum.

The Official sign-ups are done on the day of the tournament itself. Simply replying in this thread that you want to participate is not enough, you have to sign up on the day of the tournament with your Challonge account.

I´m also making it a requirement this time for everyone to sign up using their own Challonge account. The advantage of this is that you´ll be able to report the outcome of your matches yourself, rather than waiting for me to update the brackets.

You can sign up for a free Challonge account here:

http://challonge.com/

You also need an EU Battle.net account in order to participate.

When:

The tournament is going to start on Sunday February 19th, 19:30 Central European Time. (CET)

If you're unsure about the time check here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/central-european-time/

Sign-ups will be open until 19:30 CET, so make sure you sign-up in time or you'll be unable to participate.

I'll post the sign-up page on the day of the tournament. Bracket will be posted after sign-ups are closed.

Participants:

Thule - Thule #725

EthanML - Squall #512

Jazz2 - Wrex #397

Vajngi - Vajngi #964

Haffy - haffy #498

Elbon - Elbonbunny #474

Shibbxyz

#2 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I'm going to be hung-over as fuck LOL I'm defo game though

BALDGYE

#3 Posted by Wunder_ (1168 posts) -

WOOHOO GO THULE

#4 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I predict a Zerg will win

#5 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

C'mon people sign up!

We had a decent amount of europeans interested in a tournament and now you're all gone?

#6 Posted by EthanML (451 posts) -

Squall #512

I wonder if sending PMs to people from the discussion thread would help?

#7 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

Wrex #397

#8 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

I'm here!

#9 Posted by Vajngi (14 posts) -
The tournament is going to start on Saturday February 19th, 19:30 Central European Time. (CET)

So is this happening on Saturday or on the 19th? Because the 19th is a Sunday. :)

If it is on Sunday, count me in. If it is on Saturday i cannot promise anything.

Vajngi #964

#10 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

@Vajngi said:

The tournament is going to start on Saturday February 19th, 19:30 Central European Time. (CET)

So is this happening on Saturday or on the 19th? Because the 19th is a Sunday. :)

If it is on Sunday, count me in. If it is on Saturday i cannot promise anything.

Vajngi #964

Uh, yes. That's kind of sloppy by me. Sorry.

Just to confirm for everyone:

The tournament is going to be held this Saturday, February 18th.

PS: There's a map pool now.

#11 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Should be there.

haffy#498

#12 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Thule said:

@Vajngi said:

Vajngi #964

Uh, yes. That's kind of sloppy by me. Sorry.

Just to confirm for everyone:

The tournament is going to be held this Saturday, February 18th.

PS: There's a map pool now.

ohh... I might not be able to make the 18th :/

#13 Posted by Elbon (368 posts) -

I'll play thou I haven't play in awhile

ElbonBunny #474

#14 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

yeah I can't play saterday night... some of us have social lives lulz.... sunday night would have been better but ahh well

#15 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

:) ill play must retain my title

#16 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

@baldgye said:

yeah I can't play saterday night... some of us have social lives lulz.... sunday night would have been better but ahh well

I'm sorry for the mixup. :(

Maybe in the future we can try a sunday tournament.

#17 Edited by Chronologist (267 posts) -

Damn, can't show up for this one, going on vacation tomorrow :(.

Oh well, gl hb to those playing :D

#18 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Thule: I'm sure you've done them on sunday nights before? Anyways I'm game for the US one

#19 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

@baldgye said:

@Thule: I'm sure you've done them on sunday nights before? Anyways I'm game for the US one

I actually haven't ever hosted a tournament on sundays before, but like I said, I'll consider it in the future.

Sign-up page is now live:

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/3gzsixn4v2

#20 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

Fuck I thought it would be on sunday :( I'm going out with friends tonight so i can't participate. Don't you guys think playing on sundaynight is much more convenient?

#21 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

Or maybe starting a bit earlier or something. I really wanna play cuz the previous ones were so much fun :p

#22 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

I think Saturdays the best time for Thule, not completely sure just thought I seen him say that somewhere.

#23 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

Saturday night used to be my only option for hosting(due to working on a Saturday and having to go up early on Mondays). However, that's not really a problem anymore, considering I don't work on Saturdays anymore. I just kept hosting them on Saturday night because I was used to it.

If most of you guys are okay with it, I could delay the tournament until tomorrow afternoon/night, depending on your preference.

edit:

Okay, I think I'm just going to host the tournament on Sunday(tomorrow) anyway, because alot of people are working/busy this Saturday.

I'm currently thinking tomorrow 13:00 CET or 19:30 CET. Please tell me what you prefer.

#24 Posted by Elbon (368 posts) -

@Thule: 19:30 would be better for me I don't get up before 3 on the weekends, also I need practice

#25 Posted by EthanML (451 posts) -

Yeah sure I'll probbaly be able to make it tomorrow. Def rather have 19:30 than 13:00.

#26 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

Is anyone going to have a stream up when it starts?

#27 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Yeah 7.30 would be much better, will have a better chance of being up then ^^

#28 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

@Hennet_sim said:

Is anyone going to have a stream up when it starts?

No, probably not. Sorry.

Also, I'll host the tournament tomorrow on 19:30 CET, considering most of you prefer that time.

#29 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

Ahh I wish I had an EU account so I could join in oh well good luck to everyone on Sunday.

#30 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

I'm fine for tonight or tomorrow now... I cancled all my plans becasue i had forgotten how lazy I actually am

#31 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
#32 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

I'm in but I'm not going to stream this one, I might stream the next one again if there are people that like to cast with me because casting alone is boring :).

#33 Posted by MG1989 (19 posts) -

Just Signed up saw this just now

Stubbs 593

#34 Posted by EthanML (451 posts) -

Is there a chat channel we should all be joining?

#35 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

giantbomb

#36 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

Ok, thanks for playing everyone! It's good to see that we've still got a decently sized group who show up for tournaments.

About the finals: Haffy was offline, so I could've awarded Wrex the win, however he declined. So I'm gonna give Haffy a chance to win the tournament tomorrow, same place, same time. (Feb 20th, 19:30 CET)

If he's unable to play or doesn't show then I'll give Wrex the win whether he likes it or not. :)

#37 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Sorry I went offline I fell asleep in my chair lol. I'll be there for half 6!

#38 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

@haffy: are you online?

#39 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

@Jazz2 said:

@haffy: are you online?

I don't think so. Just go online at 19:30 and I'll be there. If anyone else wants to come watch, feel free.

#40 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

@Thule: Ok I'll be there :)

#41 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

@Thule: Me and Wrex are on now

#42 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

@Thule: Me and haffy are ready :)

#43 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Grats to Wrex he won ^^

#44 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

@haffy: ty hope we will play again in the next one!

#45 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

@Jazz2 said:

@haffy: ty hope we will play again in the next one!

Hey,

I'm so sorry for missing it, I was taking a nap and actually fell asleep for a bit. Congrats on winning Wrex. I'll update the bracket and add you to the Hall of Fame.

edit:

Supreme Champion:Wrex
Worthy Adversary:haffy #498
Maybe Next Time:baldgye
4th place:Squall #512
5th place tie:Jappernaut #984
Thule #725
7th place tie:Vajngi #964
Stubbs #593
9th place:ElbonBunny
#46 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

@Thule: No problem dude, i'm just honored that i'm in the hall of fame together with the illustrious Shibbxyz :)

#47 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I was right on Zerg winning does this mean I have some kind of precondition powers these will assist me greatly in the US tournament :D

Congrats to everyone.

#48 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

my best ever finish :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.