Giant Bomb Community SC2 EU Tournament #12, Jun 30th!

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

Hall of Fame:

List of previous EU tournament champions:

Rules:

- The tournament will be played in a double elimination format. This means you'll have to lose twice in order to be eliminated.

- The semi-final and final matches will be played as a Best-of-3.

- If a player drops from a match, he may request a rematch, assuming the match was relatively even.

- No cheating or use of exploits is allowed.

- Spectating other people's matches is allowed, assuming you don't have to play a match yourself. But please be courteous enough to leave if a player experiences lag due to a large number of spectators.

Maps:

Map pool:

• Cloud Kingdom LE
  • Korhal compund LE
  • Antiga shipyard
  • Entombed Valley
  • Metalopolis
  • Shakuras Plateau
  • Tal Darim Altar
  • Daybreak LE
  • Metropolis LE
  • Ohana LE

+ Map to play on will be determined by elimination. Each player will eliminate one map each until only one map remains to play on. (You can also just come to a consensus together on which map you want to play on)

+ In the Best-of-3's in the semi-final and final the loser gets to pick the map after the first game.

How to sign up:

Reply in this thread saying you'd like to enter. Official sign-ups will be at the start of the tournament in order to eliminate no-shows and to keep the number of Bye's to a minimum.

The Official sign-ups are done on the day of the tournament itself. Simply replying in this thread that you want to participate is not enough, you have to sign up on the day of the tournament with your Challonge account.

I´m also making it a requirement this time for everyone to sign up using their own Challonge account. The advantage of this is that you´ll be able to report the outcome of your matches yourself, rather than waiting for me to update the brackets.

You can sign up for a free Challonge account here:

http://challonge.com/

You also need an EU Battle.net account in order to participate.

When:

The tournament is going to start on Saturday June 30th, 19:30 Central European Time. (CET)

If you're unsure about the time check here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/central-european-time/

Sign-ups will be open until 19:30 CET, so make sure you sign-up in time or you'll be unable to participate.

I'll post the sign-up page on the day of the tournament. Bracket will be posted after sign-ups are closed.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -

Bumping this for those who may have missed it. I won't be able to participate because I'm on the NA server, but I'd still enjoy observing this.

#3 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

Playing in UK Nationals that day so not for me :)

#4 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4487 posts) -

I'll sign up to be slaughtered.

#5 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Might be interested, only diamond though. Will see how it goes.

#6 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -

If I can grab an EU trail account thing I would be down to play from NA ! :)

@Shibbxyz said:

Good luck duder ! I remember a while back looking at a liquidpedia bracket for some UK tournament Grubby played in and saw you took a game off him, I think. I was like, I recognized that name from Giantbomb !

#7 Edited by csl316 (7395 posts) -

Last time was a ton of fun (even though I hadn't played in 6 months and got annihilated). I'll try to make it!

Edit: I'm a dumb ass and missed the EU. Ah well, hopefully there's a stream or something.

#8 Posted by YI_Orange (1075 posts) -

aw hell. just came to sign up and it's EU :(.

#9 Edited by baldgye (756 posts) -

I'm down, though I'm total trash now :)

BALDGYE #628

though, why isn't the map pool the same as the s8 map pool if its at the end of this month??

#10 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

@YI_Orange: Last one was was for the US so this one is for EU but i know how you feel i can't play as well :(

@baldgye: I just went with the map pool for one of the recent GSL's map pool I don't know what maps are on the EU sever.

#11 Posted by EthanML (444 posts) -

I should be up for it.

Squall #512

#12 Posted by Chronologist (266 posts) -

YES, I'm so up for it :D

Chronologist #984

#13 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Hennet_sim said:

@YI_Orange: Last one was was for the US so this one is for EU but i know how you feel i can't play as well :(

@baldgye: I just went with the map pool for one of the recent GSL's map pool I don't know what maps are on the EU sever.

map pool for NA and EU ladder is the same..

#14 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

So why doesn't someone organize a US tournament? Sounds like a lot of guys would be down, including myself.

#15 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Gearhead said:

So why doesn't someone organize a US tournament? Sounds like a lot of guys would be down, including myself.

are you new?

#16 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

@Gearhead said:

The last one was done in the on the US sever so this one is on the EU sever next one will be back in the US its to keep it fair.

#17 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

not sure if im going to bother sigining up... playing beyond horribly

#18 Posted by Jazz2 (150 posts) -

i'm down for another tourney :)

figo #387 (changed my name, was wrex before, sorry for confusion)

#19 Edited by Bollard (5034 posts) -

I'm down, apparently I'm Gold now or something even though I don't play 1v1 so clearly I should get less destroyed than before?

Bollard #somethingsomething (I'll look it up in a second, might be 236)

EDIT: It is.

#20 Posted by Jixashauser (238 posts) -

Finally! Been waiting for this for some time now! Jixashauser #402

#21 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

I a going to pt up the sign up early I am going to become very busy near the 30th and I don't want to miss the time :D look for it next week

#22 Posted by Bollard (5034 posts) -

@Shibbxyz said:

I just suddenly realised what you said, especially when I saw you on the listing of the brackets on the ESL website! GLHB duder, I tried to get tickets to come but I fear I applied too late, but hope you win! That's a decent amount of wonga ;)

#23 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

Ok sign up page is up

#24 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

LOL am i the only one ?

#25 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

Is this a one day thing?

I'd love to enter, but I can't commit to huge chunks of time.

#26 Edited by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

Yea its a day thing it should not take a whole day you should sign up

@baldgye said:

LOL am i the only one ?

I would sign up if i could i don't have a EU account :(

#27 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

hey man, would just make me undefeated B-)

#28 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

I have been practicing a lot i might surprise you :D

#29 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

not if you dun have an eu account lulz

#30 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

looks like right now you will a single opponent

#31 Posted by Thule (690 posts) -

Too bad the EU GB scene has become so small, but I'm sure alot of people will pick it back up once the expansion hits(myself included).

You guys might get some good games out if it though and once you're done, you can watch Shibbxyz win UK Nationals. ^^

#32 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

its been good in the past, shit ive won a US one lol so the us one cant be that much better

#33 Posted by TwoLines (2762 posts) -

@Thule said:

Too bad the EU GB scene has become so small, but I'm sure alot of people will pick it back up once the expansion hits(myself included).

You guys might get some good games out if it though and once you're done, you can watch Shibbxyz win UK Nationals. ^^

Yo, I'll come back for sure once the expansion hits. Ah, those first two tournaments... Good times.

#34 Posted by Jazz2 (150 posts) -

No tournament today :( too bad. I'll be there for the next one!

#35 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

well.. this is pretty fucking lame

#36 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4487 posts) -

Lol, four of us.

#37 Posted by Jazz2 (150 posts) -

sorry i was confused i'll participate for sure.

#38 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Lol, four of us.

There 5 now

#39 Posted by EthanML (444 posts) -

Are we still on 5? I'll join in if the numbers are half decent.

#40 Edited by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

What would be half decent?

up to 6

edit back to 5 :(

#41 Posted by EthanML (444 posts) -

Yeah I joined lol

#42 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

I signed up.

#43 Posted by Chronologist (266 posts) -

Woo 6 people :D Come on duders! Still a couple of more hours to sign up.

#44 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

A little more than a hour left to sign up come one and sign up.

#45 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

is it 7GMT the start time for people that matter?

#46 Edited by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -
#47 Posted by Bollard (5034 posts) -

@Hennet_sim: Did wanna be here for this but my podcast got shifted round. The one time Shibby isn't here to wreck everyone too. GLHB everyone!

#48 Posted by Hennet_sim (336 posts) -

I would wish i could but i don't have a EU client

#49 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@Hennet_sim: Did wanna be here for this but my podcast got shifted round. The one time Shibby isn't here to wreck everyone too. GLHB everyone!

haffy doin a good job in his place

#50 Posted by Bollard (5034 posts) -

@baldgye: Haha not surprised.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.