Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II Tournament, October 2!

#51 Posted by Domorin (45 posts) -
@wchigo: Lol, unfortunately I haven't had any time to practice offrace, the only off race games I've played were versus you :p. But, me not playing is more of a factor of me not sure if I'll have the time to stay there for the whole tourney, but we'll see I suppose!
#52 Posted by Odeeze (31 posts) -

Sounds fun count me in    Odeeze 118

#53 Posted by OldMouse (57 posts) -

Ill enter again. 

Hopefully this time i dont lose in the first round...

#54 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Awwww fuck I have a wedding to go to on that day.

#55 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

Im so in, still got 2 weeks to improve my skills ;D

#56 Posted by yami4ct (156 posts) -

I'm always up for some SCII. Let's hope the game's patched by than to make it more interesting. Count me in.

#57 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

Hey I'd love to join!
I know you didn't ask for it, but my BNet ID is xXAnthonyXx.665

#58 Posted by SexySpenny (1 posts) -

I would love to sign up. 
Battlenet Guy:  Spenny 
Character Code: 570

#59 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

count me in 
Skywing 

#60 Posted by zkillz (93 posts) -

i'd be down for this

name: zkillz

code: 825

#61 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Hey duders! I'll play again.  
Jorbear 
Oh and I recommended SexySpenny to this tournament, and thus Giant Bomb. So give him a warm welcome!

#62 Posted by Lolzhacked (84 posts) -

I'm down to maybe win my first match, and be owned in the following match :P 

Needless to say, I am in :D

#63 Posted by itsmadness (143 posts) -

I'm in. Hopefully I'll get some practice in before this starts, haha.

#64 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Okay, I can make it.  No projects during that time as our campus will be doing LSAT training and crap during that week.

#65 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -

I am down for this, and can't wait. 

mauveforest 

code 990

#66 Posted by spiceninja (3062 posts) -

I'll give it another shot. I was eliminated fast in the last tournament but I think I've gotten better.

supersamus

code 693

#67 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -

This sounds awesome, I had no idea this was happening around here. I'm probably going to miss this one (it's the Texas OU game that day: don't judge me) but I'm down in future to offer Silver level cannon fodder to the rest of you. 

Irishjohn 
code 926

#68 Edited by Ragnarok512 (161 posts) -

I'm in! I'm totally going to get stomped though.

#69 Edited by tankintheair315 (347 posts) -

I'm in Name: Tankintheair Code: 264
I'm also willing to cast, but I cannot live.

#70 Posted by Chris_Woods (43 posts) -

Sounds fun; I'm in. 

Chris, 1271 

#71 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

sixghost.219

Let's do this. Hopefully I'll remember the tournament is a 2 day thing this time.

#72 Posted by Tripleperc (7 posts) -

BNet: TriplePerc 
Code: 187 

I wasn't going to do this, but turns out I can't work that Saturday, so what better to do than a SC2 tourney?

#73 Posted by SelkciPlum (30 posts) -

I'd like to participate.  
SelkciPlum 

#74 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

Count me in as well.  Zestull 301.

#75 Posted by Nephrahim (1147 posts) -

Awesome, my new keyboard will be here about 5 days before this starts, so I can actually get some practice in and not be horribly rusty.

#76 Edited by bigcess (129 posts) -

Awesome, I'm in.  

I would love to see the games cast as well, since I'll probably lose in the first round.

#77 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

im totally In

#78 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

tourny is in a couple days! woot

#79 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Oh, I would also be down to do some casting if I could manage as well.

#80 Posted by DaDoctorJ (1 posts) -

Sorry its a litte late :P but I would like to join too.  
Bnet: DaDoctorJ 
Friend Code: 929
#81 Posted by wchigo (552 posts) -

For those who have expressed interest in participating in the tournament, please remember that while mentioning that now is all well and good, you will still need to "officially" sign-up for the tournament in the near future.

Again, to reiterate, we are testing out a new system from the one we had in place from before with the purpose of hopefully streamlining things, as well as allowing the tournament to flow a little better and perhaps proceed faster than the previous ones. It will hopefully cut down on the amount of no-shows, something that was a cause of frustration for not only the tournament organizers, but I'm sure for the players as well.

We're less than four days away now, I hope everyone's still as pumped for it as I am and here's to having another fun-filled day of SC2!

#82 Posted by harris (848 posts) -
@wchigo said:
" For those who have expressed interest in participating in the tournament, please remember that while mentioning that now is all well and good, you will still need to "officially" sign-up for the tournament in the near future.  Again, to reiterate, we are testing out a new system from the one we had in place from before with the purpose of hopefully streamlining things, as well as allowing the tournament to flow a little better and perhaps proceed faster than the previous ones. It will hopefully cut down on the amount of no-shows, something that was a cause of frustration for not only the tournament organizers, but I'm sure for the players as well.  We're less than four days away now, I hope everyone's still as pumped for it as I am and here's to having another fun-filled day of SC2! "
That's correct, but just to clarify, all you need to do is be there on time to 'check in' to officially be registered on the bracket. I'll probably put up the link to check in a little early in case you think you'll be a little late or something.
#83 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

I'm actually in the TL Open on Saturday, though it's starts at 11:00 AM and I really shouldn't get passed the Ro128, I'll probably have met a progamer by then... so I should be fine.

#84 Posted by Praab_NZ (281 posts) -

I'm keen, just what kind of tournament is this? Team or 1v1? 
Also, I just setup my US account (was free because i'm on SEA).
#85 Posted by PredatorVI (1 posts) -

Bnet: PredatorVI 
Character Code: 228
#86 Posted by harris (848 posts) -
@Praab_NZ: 1v1, suppose I forgot to mention that :P Glad they finally got that regional stuff sorted out, at least for SEA. 
#87 Posted by normanchan (20 posts) -

i would like to participate.

#88 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -
@normanchan said:
" i would like to participate. "
YEAH! My life is complete!
#89 Posted by Physic (55 posts) -
@normanchan said:
shit just got real. Norm what race do you play?
#90 Posted by Mattalorian (594 posts) -

I can't promise that I'll bring any mindblowing tactics or flawless performances, but I'll give it a shot.

#91 Posted by wchigo (552 posts) -
@normanchan said:
Sweet deal, we're slowly increasing the number of GB staff participants with each tournament. :3
#92 Posted by harris (848 posts) -
@normanchan said:
Excellent :D
#93 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

Im game, see you guys saturday

#94 Edited by harris (848 posts) -

Early Check-ins Open Now

To check in early: 
Go here and submit your SC2 name and code in the following format: Name_Code (e.g. Harris_788). No need to register a challonge account or anything, just click 'sign up for this tournament without a Challonge account.' This will enter you into the bracket.        
#95 Posted by FlameSC (2 posts) -

Please sign me up! i know its late, but i've signed up for the tournament on Challonge.
Flame_265
Thanks

#96 Posted by harris (848 posts) -
@FlameSC: Nobody's late until 1:30pm CDT tomorrow ;)
#97 Posted by wchigo (552 posts) -

Hope to see everyone there. Giant Bomb FIGHTING!!!

#98 Posted by bananablade (34 posts) -

Im in! 
bananablade 

#99 Posted by normanchan (20 posts) -

norm_873

#100 Posted by StarvingGamer (8255 posts) -
@bananablade: @normanchan: Signups are here

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.