Giantbomb Community SC2 EU Tournament #6, March 12th!

• 106 results
#51 Edited by EthanML (451 posts) -

Char name: Ethanol #586 

Sign me up!
:)

#52 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -
@TheJappernaut said:
" @raiz265: 
Just keep watching the thread especially about an hour before the tournament starts, you will be able to sign up on that challonge site that will make the bracket. remember that the tournament starts at 19:30 Central European Time. If you want to know what time that is in your time-zone if you don't live in this time-zone you have to look it up yourself because I'm bound to make mistakes :P. "
I'm living in Germany (CET), I think I'll get that one right :D
#53 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:

" @Thule said:

" @Ineedaname said:
" Bump for awareness and late arrivals.  (Do stickied threads go up through the forum, or is the forum bugging out?) "
Don't think the bump was neccesary because it's still stickied and on top for me. I think it's just a problem on your end.

@lim_ak said:
" Sure I'll lose, I mean play :).  limak #488 "
Welcome! Don't worry too much, there's plenty of people around of varying skill levels. "
I was thinking it would send it through the forum, I never actually look at game specific forums, maybe that's just me though. "
Ok, that's cool.

@raiz265

said:

" @raiz265 said:

" raiz #842    

! "
!!  not on the list :( "
Sorry man, guess I missed you and assumed you were on it. The list is meant more of an indication of the number of people joining, than an actual sign up requirement though, so no worries.
#54 Posted by Bollard (5293 posts) -
@Thule: Would it be a good idea sometime soon to start going through the list and adding everyone's Char # to save time latars? Also just curious, anyone streaming any of the matches or is the only spectating through being in-game?
#55 Posted by Moleh (35 posts) -
@Chavtheworld said:
" @Thule: Would it be a good idea sometime soon to start going through the list and adding everyone's Char # to save time latars? Also just curious, anyone streaming any of the matches or is the only spectating through being in-game? "

You will sign up on a bracketpage(challonge?) yourself and then it will randomize the brackets. Jappernaut will be streaming.

@TheJappernaut said:

"Will stream again if people want me to."

#56 Posted by Vajngi (14 posts) -

Vajngi #964 , sign me up.

How long do these normally take? and keep in mind im not expecting to win (anything) :)

#57 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
@Vajngi said:
" Vajngi #964 , sign me up. How long do these normally take? and keep in mind im not expecting to win (anything) :) "
I'd say we normally play the games till maybe 10-11 pm, but we've never had this many people join.  We tend to then play some custom games till like 2 am or something.
#58 Posted by Bollard (5293 posts) -
@Moleh said:
" @Chavtheworld said:
" @Thule: Would it be a good idea sometime soon to start going through the list and adding everyone's Char # to save time latars? Also just curious, anyone streaming any of the matches or is the only spectating through being in-game? "

You will sign up on a bracketpage(challonge?) yourself and then it will randomize the brackets. Jappernaut will be streaming.

@TheJappernaut said:

"Will stream again if people want me to."
"
Awesome thanks, totally missed that post somehow.
#59 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

6 hours and 15 minutes left :D

Off-topic: I have one SC II EU pass. I'd be more than happy to give it to someone who doesn't play on the EU servers but would like to participate in the tournament. I'll propably do this next month, too.

#60 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: 
 Thule has to work on saturdays so he usually isn't home before 4 or 5 P.M. So he can't really start the challonge thing until he gets home and turns on his computer etc etc. Also you have to sign up for the tournament yourself, it is not something Thule has to do, because there are always people that sign up for the tournament and then don't show up or forget about it. If everyone signs up themselves the people that don't show up are immediatly removed from the list and we don't have to worry about waiting for certain people.

And yes I will be streaming the matches again, I'll try to cast at least 1 match for everyone in the tournament. But seeing as how the tournament is quite big this time it might be hard. Glasshopper is going to join me in casting the games as well as Thule as long as none of them needs to play any games of course.
#61 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

Let's get started!

1.) Sign up here using your Battle.net ID(i.e. Name #123) 
http://challonge.com/tournament/signup/ttxk573umi

2.) Join the in-game chat channel 'giantbomb'. Remember the tournament starts at 19:30 CET, so you might want to be there 5 minutes early, though it's not a big problem if you're delayed.(as long as you're signed up)

3) If you're not playing/participating, you can watch Jappernaut's stream here:
http://www.livestream.com/jappernaut 

Bracket:
 http://challonge.com/gbsceu6
#62 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

3,5 hours :P

#63 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I hope I make it in time, though I might be late a couple of minutes.

#64 Posted by eunao2 (116 posts) -

Let's go, sign me up Eunao#820

#65 Posted by Niche (87 posts) -

I'm in too, FalconJab #143

#66 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@eunao2 said:
" Let's go, sign me up Eunao#820 "
Don´t forget to sign up on the challonge page. It´s linked on top of this page.
#67 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -

I'm so stoked for this!

#68 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@Titl said:
" I'm so stoked for this! "
Yeah, it´s pretty great, this is the largest amount of people joining since I started hosting these tournaments.
#69 Posted by PopUp (39 posts) -

Made a Giantbomb account for this :D

FenneK.918, I'll be in the chat channel.

#70 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

How are you deciding who plays who?

Or does that site do it all automatically?

#71 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" How are you deciding who plays who?  Or does that site do it all automatically? "
You can randomize the players there
#72 Edited by Bollard (5293 posts) -
@Ineedaname: I think the idea is the site generates a bracket automatically.
#73 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" How are you deciding who plays who?  Or does that site do it all automatically? "
The site generates the bracket automatically and randomizes who plays who. You can try it out for yourself on the site.
#74 Posted by Chronologist (267 posts) -

Damn, I wont be able to join you guys :( 

Mostly because I'm an idiot though, and locked myself out of my battle.net account (long story) but... damn. :( 

Have a good tournament guys.. I'll probably look at the stream.

#75 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

We have 32 people. This is propably the most beautiful number you can strive for in a tournament :]

EDIT: 32 who signed up on GB, that is. Don't forget to sign up at challonge too!

#76 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

T-minus 1hour.

#77 Posted by Moztacular (467 posts) -

looks like you'll have a good turnout today ill try to watch some

#78 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@imsh_pl said:
" We have 32 people. This is propably the most beautiful number you can strive for in a tournament :]

EDIT: 32 who signed up on GB, that is. Don't forget to sign up at challonge too! "
27 actually, it´s a good turnout, but not that good. 

@moztacular said:
" looks like you'll have a good turnout today ill try to watch some "
Cool, my commentary might not be amazing though, I´ve got a bit of a cold.
#79 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -
@Thule said:

"
@moztacular said:

Cool, my commentary might not be amazing though, I´ve got a bit of a cold. "
But you still be able to at least do that: 

Right? 
Riiiight?
#80 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
@raiz265 said:

" @Thule said:

"

@moztacular

said:

Cool, my commentary might not be amazing though, I´ve got a bit of a cold. "

Right? Riiiight? "
Oh God I remember I was laughing so fucking hard when I was listening to this on the last state of the game.

" He has 3 tanks as well as 6 voltures and hESHFAAGHDGJUSWAGUFAJDGYVCGHDVHFVASHGDFASVGHCDASGH  
BISU  GHASFDVHASVDNASBVDHMASFVDHGASF­VDHGASV  
TANKS KHASJKGJASDFGVDHASGDVASGHFVDAH­SGVASVJDVS DRAGOONS "
#81 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@raiz265 said:

Right? Riiiight? "

Haha, I wish, I could probably sneeze really fast, that´s something.
#82 Posted by Moztacular (467 posts) -
@Thule:  Sadly I don't have a EU account otherwise I'd love to cast with you, maybe soon I'll hit the lottery and can buy everyone extra copies of SC2 so we can all play together forever. <3
#83 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@moztacular said:
" @Thule:  Sadly I don't have a EU account otherwise I'd love to cast with you, maybe soon I'll hit the lottery and can buy everyone extra copies of SC2 so we can all play together forever. <3 "
Yeah, that´d be great. Let´s hope we´ll get cross region play with HotS.
#84 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -
#85 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -
@moztacular said:
" @Thule:  Sadly I don't have a EU account otherwise I'd love to cast with you, maybe soon I'll hit the lottery and can buy everyone extra copies of SC2 so we can all play together forever. <3 "
imsh said he has a spare EU test key, you could ask him
#86 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
" @moztacular said:
imsh said he has a spare EU test key, you could ask him "
It´s probably time limited and it would take too long to download the client anyway. But maybe next time.
#87 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4643 posts) -

lol nice music in the stream. Deadly Premonition!

#88 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Yeah, shame we didn't think about it earlier. But I would be more than happy to give my pass to moz <3

#89 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
#90 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4643 posts) -

Thanks for putting this together Thule, it was fun. I'd love to spectate the rest of the games but I gotta go out for a buddies birthday. GL HB everyone else.

#91 Posted by Bollard (5293 posts) -

Thanks for the tourney Thule! Was great to play against fellow GBers and I'm happy I managed to grab a win on my first try! Woulda liked to watch the end and all but unfortunately have to go, GLHB to all!  

Also embarrassing as hell to get knocked out whilst EVERYONE LEFT IN THE TOURNAMENT was watching me haha!

#92 Posted by Moleh (35 posts) -

dicks... dicks everywhere...

#93 Posted by awesomatic (28 posts) -

Well Gee Gee, and fun to play dicktionary.... :)

#94 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

vag 
dick

Oh sorry, that was a compulsory reflex.

#95 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

DINO!

#96 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

Haffy where are  you!!!!

#97 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

Thanks everyone for playing, it was fun. Hopefully I´ll feel better next time so I´ll actually be able to play and commentate properly. Hope to see you all next tournament! (next month)

The finals weren´t actually played, because haffy dc´ed, we´ll try to see if we can get that game going tomorrow afternoon, but otherwise Shibbxyz will win by default. H

#98 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :P It was fun guys, see you next month!

#99 Posted by Vajngi (14 posts) -

GG indeed.  

Thanks for the games and thanks Thule for setting everything up. See you next month i guess.

#100 Edited by Thule (692 posts) -

I decided to finish the bracket. It's kind of anti-climactic without a final, but what can you do? Better luck next time. Congrats to Shibb for holding onto his title!
Thanks again everyone for playing and I hope to see you next time!

Supreme Champion: Shibbxyz #936
Worthy Adversary: haffy #498
Maybe Next Time: SelectStaR #960
4th place: Wolf #1351
5th place tie: Jappernaut #984
Inept #718
7th place tie: Vajngi #964
imsh #928
9th place tie: Bollard #236
eldiax #549
Ineedaname #991
Thule #725
13th place tie: FalconJab #143
PandaGuns #444
Awesomatic #452
Eunao #820
17th place tie: raiz #842
FenneK #918
Glasshopper #955
Titl #301
mole #220

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.