god damn... idra.....

• 51 results
#1 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

He is so frustrating to watch. I am a fan of him, I think he is a great player...

But jesus... he looks like he is doing good every game and then he just fucks up...

GRRRRR

#2 Posted by onarum (2021 posts) -

I love how you assume we are just supposed to know what the hell you're talking about.

#3 Posted by Three0neFive (2288 posts) -
@onarum said:
I love how you assume we are just supposed to know what the hell you're talking about.
If you're on the Starcraft board and don't know who IdrA is, I don't know what to say to you.
#4 Posted by onarum (2021 posts) -

Well, I'm on GB boards not SC board particularly, it just so happens that posts in game specific forums show up all the same... and what I meant is while I do know who he is I have no idea on what happened to cause such reaction on the OP, because as it turns out not everyone follows SC "sports", not everyone == a whole effin lot of people.

So a little background would be nice, what did he lost a important match or something?

#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (8041 posts) -

I love Idra, he's a handsome fellow

I hope he pulls his shit together

#6 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@onarum: He is losing his second match at MLG Raleigh. He keeps losing after he is way ahead.

He just lost the same way twice in a row after being so far ahead.

He is so frustrating... I don't think he has even won a single game.

And I assume if you care about what I am posting, then you should know about MLG. But it is cool that you are curious enough to ask :)

#7 Posted by onarum (2021 posts) -
@DG991: Yeah I almost kinda want to start watching the stuff, I do enjoy watching the odd diggity (youtuber) match.
#8 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -
#9 Posted by ImaLizard (72 posts) -
Yep 
#10 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

That was the one streamed series that I completely missed today, and I'm kinda glad I did because it seems like it was super frustrating to watch. I think Huk and Naniwa's PvP kinda made up for it though; that series was cool as heck.

#11 Posted by Mysterion (159 posts) -

The most frustrating thing about his gg was when i realized he had 6 infestors about to pop.  SO MUCH FACE PALM.

#12 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@ImaLizard: Yep, They lose together and probably make a shit ton of money doing so. They better step it up...

@supermike6 said:

That was the one streamed series that I completely missed today, and I'm kinda glad I did because it seems like it was super frustrating to watch. I think Huk and Naniwa's PvP kinda made up for it though; that series was cool as heck.

Truth, although HuK losing that last game so quickly was kind of sad. I liked the others though.

#13 Posted by ImaLizard (72 posts) -
Also this. This is what I call Professional Zerg 
#14 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

Idra's going back to korea soon, this shit can't fly anymore

#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (8041 posts) -

@ImaLizard said:

Yep

They look so happy! Like puppies!

#16 Posted by Nephrahim (1119 posts) -

I agree completely.   Almost every match I've seen Idra in has had him have a huge advantage only to let something trip him up and causes him to lose. 

He's a great player, obvs, but right now, he dosen't seem to be showing it.

#17 Edited by DG991 (1344 posts) -

I was going to say team EG is pissing me off. I really enjoy watching Huk and Idra, and I think Incontrol is a funny cool guy.

But now Huk is doing much better with that last victory, and now I am watching incontrol and I hope he beats this new guy.

edit: Ugh incontrol u sux

#18 Edited by zels (204 posts) -
@DG991: Like he did against MMA ;D? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOw-hYMbDY 

He really seems off-form recently making those small but vital mistakes like bad overlord positioning. (also, in the video, when he ggs you can see the abundance of drones on 1 of the extractors, what happened there?) 

EDIT: nvm about the drones, there was a drop a few seconds before.
#19 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

I love Idra and I am especially a fan of anyone that wants to play as Zerg, I seriously hate how his emotions seem to get the better of him during games. Where he makes a mistake and it doesn't have to be a big one but he refuses to admit it was a mistake and tries to go with it as though it was his plan. I remember a match he played where he kept pumping out Ultra's and banelings when it was obvious he needed to change what units he was producing.

#20 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

Idra is doing great right now against Noblesse, lets see if he can finish it.

#21 Posted by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

@onarum said:
If you're on the Starcraft board and don't know who IdrA is, I don't know what to say to you.
#22 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

idra doing well... better go all in fail and gg.

#23 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@DG991 said:

idra doing well... better go all in fail and gg.

Idra is a great player but I don't think he has the attitude to match his skill. I'm very curious on how he'll decide to handle this last match.

Edit: That was fast...

#24 Posted by Ragnarok512 (160 posts) -

Well that was depressing.

#25 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

And that's why I made this thread. SOoo frustrating.

#26 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

We, the Caucasian race, are no match for the elite East-Asians ^^

Then again, I'd prefer to watch IdrA or TLO any day instead of some Korean cheeser.

#27 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

That was quite possibly the saddest final two games of a best of 3 that I've ever seen in any sport.

@antikorper said:

I'd prefer to watch IdrA or TLO any day instead of some Korean cheeser.

This. I find that the Koreans' play is usually pretty boring to watch. BoxeR, DRG and Rain are really the only ones I can tolerate seeing, and that's because I rarely see them in cheese games.
#28 Posted by strangone (179 posts) -

Aaahahaha I love to see Idra lose.

#29 Posted by csl316 (8188 posts) -
@ImaLizard
Yep 
Amazing
#30 Posted by Spectreman (232 posts) -

I think Idra and Incontrol will become casters soon.

#31 Posted by onimonkii (2430 posts) -

at least puma is doing well

#32 Posted by Ub3rSlug (152 posts) -

@CaLe said:

I think IdrA goes into matches with an idea of how he wants it to go and once it stops going his way he gets overly frustrated, which puts him on tilt.

This is how I see it.

IdrA seems to gg out of games really early when things start to turn against him. His last match against Noblesse today was over in a few minutes, after that push with the bunkers started to interfere with his economy.

#33 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1455 posts) -
@DG991 said:

He keeps losing after he is way ahead.

That's just how Zerg works.
#34 Posted by Sweep (8829 posts) -

I used to like Idra a lot but I can't help but feel he is hugely overrated, with a large American fanbase who aggressively defend his repeated mistakes. He is a good zerg player, but he's nothing special, and I find it hard to get hyped about his matches.

#35 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

@onarum said:

Well, I'm on GB boards not SC board particularly, it just so happens that posts in game specific forums show up all the same... and what I meant is while I do know who he is I have no idea on what happened to cause such reaction on the OP, because as it turns out not everyone follows SC "sports", not everyone == a whole effin lot of people. So a little background would be nice, what did he lost a important match or something?

Do you even play SC2? if so why are you even in the thread? clearly this thread is meant for people who follow the pro SC2 scene, just because you see a thread on the "show all forum posts" section doesn't mean you have to go in and read everyone, clearly your interest in SC2 is casual if you even play it which brings me back to why did you come in? it would be like me seeing a football thread about a pro player and storming in WTF? CONTEXT? i don't follow it or have no interest in it thus i wouldn't even bother going in and reading about it.

#36 Posted by adoggz (2046 posts) -

i cant blame Idra. he was playing against marines and they are just SO good. i think the only thing he could have done would be get MORE mutas.

#37 Posted by onimonkii (2430 posts) -
@Sweep said:

I used to like Idra a lot but I can't help but feel he is hugely overrated, with a large American fanbase who aggressively defend his repeated mistakes. He is a good zerg player, but he's nothing special, and I find it hard to get hyped about his matches.

imo it's just that other foreigners are catching up and even surpassing him now. he seems content to continue to play only the way he thinks is "right", and let everyone else play "wrong" and beat him.
#38 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

Has anyone got a link to the Idra vs Sjow match where he prematurely ggs?

#39 Edited by DG991 (1344 posts) -
#40 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1455 posts) -
#41 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

And Idra is defeated by TriMaster 2-1....

Ugh.... Idra........

I wish I could have watched that match but they didn't stream it.

Now we got Huk vs Trimaster coming up which should be good.

#42 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@onarum said:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=idra
#43 Posted by mgray5159 (43 posts) -

I thought that maybe Starcraft 2 would be boring to watch...how wrong I was.

#44 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Idra will pick it up in a couple months. Idra, HuK, and PuMa just got a house in Korea and are going to be training hardcore.

#45 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -
#46 Posted by csl316 (8188 posts) -
#47 Edited by Donos (1194 posts) -

Just watched idra vs bomber and idra seriously needs to quit SC2 if he's going to keep pulling this crap. It doesn't matter how good you might be if you hurp durp quit every other game.

#48 Edited by tarquinbb (25 posts) -

idra was the same in broodwar.

back then he played terran and whined about balance, in sc2 he plays zerg and whines about balance.  

nothing stopped him changing race since day one yet he's remained as zerg.  that says to me that he's more intent on whining than winning.

#49 Posted by Ben_H (3319 posts) -
@DG991 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdmWs1SfuY

Trimaster is such a boss.  In an interview he said he saw that idra was watching him play Haypro before their match so he did polar opposite builds of what he did to Haypro and crushed Idra because he figured Idra would auto-counter the builds he did to Haypro (which he did).  That guy deserves to be in pool play with the amount of skill he's shown.  He deserves it way more than Incontrol, and others who are in their only because of one good result a long time ago.  He's destroyed tons of really good players, and he hasn't even been playing professionally for very long.

@tarquinbb said:
idra was the same in broodwar.  back then he played terran and whined about balance, in sc2 he plays zerg and whines about balance.    nothing stopped him changing race since day one yet he's remained as zerg.  that says to me that he's more intent on whining than winning.
Yep, in the classic SOTG balance argument between Idra and Day9, Incontrol even pointed that out by asking Idra what the weakest race was in BW, but Idra dodged the question but by then everyone already knew the answer.
#50 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

I just hope after a few months in Korea he can be good again. He is very good at the macro game. But if after Korea I see him rage quit like he has been doing then that's it... I don't really care about him. It's just so stupid when he rages.

Who I really want to see get good in Korea is Huk... he still did pretty good this MLG, 7th place isn't terrible. But he should be up there.

And on the topic of balance... I really do think Terran is slightly OP on the GM and professional level. It doesn't really bother me in the lower leagues though. 1/1/1's are too good for pros.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.