Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GOM TV was hacked

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DerBrick

Confirmed on Reddit via screen shots and TL's Kennigit, GOMTV.net was compromised last night. Some user names, passwords and emails have been compromised. If you log in using your Facebook or Twitter account you should be ok.

Please change your password on that site if it shared with other sites you frequent!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=254069 - from R1CH on TL

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Kyle

Saw this on Reddit. Luckily I use Facebook to log in to GOMtv so I'm fine. Turns out GOM stored usernames and passwords in plaintext-- are you fucking kidding me?

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By raiz265

Pretty embarassing, especially after the whole Sony shit earlier this year... 

Luckily I#ve just started using that KeyPass toll earlier this week, so everything should be rather safe with randomly generated 20digit passwords

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Kyle said:

Turns out GOM stored usernames and passwords in plaintext-- are you fucking kidding me?

So by the same logic that Sony faced earlier, GOM deserves it?
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Kyle

@StaticFalconar said:

@Kyle said:

Turns out GOM stored usernames and passwords in plaintext-- are you fucking kidding me?

Same logic as what? It's not a matter of "deserving" something, it's a matter of holy shit protect your users information!

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By NickL

@StaticFalconar said:

@Kyle said:

No one deserves to have their information stolen and I'm sure Kyle didn't mean that.

But any company that stores their passwords in a plaintext file is fucking dumb.

Glad I use twitter to log into GOM and now I know I'm never gonna make a real gom account if they aren't going to take protection seriously.

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DerBrick

If you log in with your email address, they are forcing password changes!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.