Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GSL 3 round of 8 *SPOILERS*

iRaYP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iRaYP
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=174901  
     We have a foreigner in the the last 4(semi-finals) of the GSL in the form of Liquid-Jinro who is also the current MLG DC champion! 
    I think all of the awesome GB starcraft 2 community should get behind Jinro and give him all of our support!! 
    Anyone else been watching GSL? and whats your thoughts on the chance of a foreign winner in the GSL?!?!?!?
    Zolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zolfe

i feel his next opponent will be the hardest, a lot of posters are saying whoever wins the Jinro vs OgsMC match will win the tournament, which I agree with.
    dunno if he'll beat MC though, + the two are living together aren't they? 
    there's gonna be a lot of mind games going on then, 
    and also, Jinro struggled with Choya, and he was extremely lucky Choya didn't have the Collosus range upgrade in the last match,
    I feel MC is going to be a lot tougher than choya, Jinro's going to have to pull off some crazy shit

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Rayeth

Jinro and MC are apparently very good friends besides living in the same house (the oGs/Liquid progamer house, see the GB Video for a tour!), so it will probably be hard for them to practice against each other for the games.  I'd imagine it will come down to whomever has the better mind games.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By commandercup

MC will beat Jinro hands down (go Protoss!), and he'll take Season 3 unless HongUn can do some crazy jank against him with those void rays. Rain will get knocked out since he beat Nestea by abusing Nestea's basic flaws.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By wunder_

JINROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!~

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

i've been watching as much as possible, but i intentionally didn't get the season pass because i'd be sitting there ALL DAY.

and yes, whoever wins Jinro/MC has a damn good chance of taking it all.  hopefully Jinro, but MC is scary

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Winternet

The reaper of the fifth game scouting the Twilight Council was absolutely vital for that match. Great to see Jinro go to the semis. 

And I agree, whoever wins in the next match, Jinro and MC, have to be the favorite for the finals. But, MC, I am afraid that he is on a step above Jinro.  

Regarding the other match, well, I don't really care for those two players ( Hongun did use that carrier which was pretty interesting). And seriously, it should have been Nestea and FruitDealer in the semis. Nestea refused to play safe even after losing 2 rounds to marine scv all ins and FruitDealer just decided he didn't want to play zerg and go 1 base, which is ridiculous. Oh well.

iRaYP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iRaYP

the hero reaper was epic lol!If the DTs/twilight council had gone un-scouted i think it would of been game over for jinro. I certainly think this GSL is MC's to lose but even as a protoss player il still be cheering for jinro.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

Finals will be HongUn vs MC, MC will win but I will be cheering for HongUn

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By thatfrood

JINRO!
    So excited.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By leburgan

Jinro FIIIGGHHHTINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DystopiaX

I really want Jinro to win, but MC is amazing in general, and really good at PvT. Predicting Hongun vs. MC finals, MC winning. Would be awesome to see Jinro take it all though.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Joker369

go Jinro

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Rayeth
    @StarvingGamer: I really really hope we don't have a PvP finals.   That would be so sad imo.

That being said I don't want TSL_Rain to win, so HongUn vs Jinro has to be the matchup.   Which is sad because every interview with oGsMC is AMAZING.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Winternet
    @Rayeth said:
    " @StarvingGamer: I really really hope we don't have a PvP finals.   That would be so sad imo.  That being said I don't want TSL_Rain to win, so HongUn vs Jinro has to be the matchup.   Which is sad because every interview with oGsMC is AMAZING. "
    I was eager for a ZvP, between FruitDealer and MC. But, FruitDealer went crazy so, meh. 

TSL_Rain has interesting play. I don't know why people are hating him so much. I was kind of expecting him to go far in season 2.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Winternet: Because of his decidedly uninteresting play in the RO8 to take out NesTea
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Winternet
    @StarvingGamer: He did talked in the interview something about personal reasons keeping him away from practicing that much, so he had to come up with all ins. He usually never turns to all ins as a solution in his games. 
    Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Obsidian

It seems like Rain has virtually no shot at winning GSL Season 3 and almost no one wants him to.  Right now I'm cheering for oGsMC because he seems pretty great.  If Jinro was a Protoss I might want him to win but Terran are a bunch of punks /racism.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Winternet: Yeah I caught that too, but regardless of reason, watching Marine/SCV cheese after Marine/SCV cheese isn't all that fun to watch.  That led to community icons like the SoTG crew poopooing on it for being boring which, in internet speak, translates to: "We HATE TSL_Rain and you must too! Go forth our internet minions to forums far and wide!!!"
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Winternet
    @StarvingGamer: To be fair, he went 2 times normal game 3 times cheese, so it was pretty much balanced. But, I can understand. It's like the ultimate battle between the two greatest samurais of all time and then one pulls a gun and shoots the other and wins. Yeah, that's not how you wanna see that fight go, but the other samurai should be prepared. Especially when there is money on the line. 

Ok, I don't know where that samurai thing came from.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Winternet: Your heart.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Winternet
    @StarvingGamer: True. Now I want to be a samurai. And be the ultimate samurai. 

No I don't. I want to have 10 million dollars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.