Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GSL Season 3 Thoughts * Obvious spoilers *

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NickL

what where your thoughts on season 3 of gsl?

being a protoss player, i was very glad to see one win it all even though i was cheering for jinro the entire season

the final was a bit disappointing imo seemed like rain tried some kind of one base build, it would fail and mc would steamroll him after that a few too many times for my liking
     my favorite match in the whole thing was the obvious choice with clide vs leenock ro64, how about you?
     i would rate it as my favorite GSL to date - with a very close season 2 right behind it and season 1 isnt even on the radar imo

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By sixghost

Rain cheesed his way to the finals and isn't in the same class as MC. That said, I really enjoy watching players consistently crush all-ins like that with standard play, just not in the finals of a starleague.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz

I about stayed up for it, but at 1:30 I still had an hour and a half to wait.  I was pretty tired and went to bad. 

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NickL
    @sixghost said:
    " Rain cheesed his way to the finals and isn't in the same class as MC. That said, I really enjoy watching players consistently crush all-ins like that with standard play, just not in the finals of a starleague. "
    its ok that he cheeses though, he apologized for it
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai

Rain got what he deserved, absolute raping at the hand of someone who is good and deserves to be there. 

Fuck that guy.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NickL

i kinda wish ro4 would have had different match ups, i definitely think jinro deserved second with mc at first, though i have a biased love for jinro, so does anyone else agree with this assessment?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316
    @NickL said:
    " i kinda wish ro4 would have had different match ups, i definitely think jinro deserved second with mc at first, though i have a biased love for jinro, so does anyone else agree with this assessment? "
    i sorta do
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora
    @CaLe said:
    " I'm just happy for MC, he really deserved it. He isn't just confident but has the skills to back up everything he says. I thought it was funny when he said that if he played Terran he would have won season 1 and 2 as well lol. "
    Are you kidding me? MC shows a huge aura of confidence around him. 

As what I thought about the finals; it was anticlimactic because of the last two games and the cheesing. The first three games were good (especially game two), but it went downhill after MC basically got fed up with Rain doing a banshee rush in the third game. 

@Jeffsekai said:
    " Rain got what he deserved, absolute raping at the hand of someone who is good and deserves to be there.   Fuck that guy. "

Rain gets way too much hate for my liking. When MC did cheese plays, people praised him for it. Though I suppose it isn't that surprising to cheese a cheeser. In the end I don't really care, I like MC winning the thing and would like to congratulate him. On the same note, I am pleased that Rain put up a decent game when we all thought MC would totally just steamroll over him. 

People are just butthurt that he knocked out NesTea. They call him a noob. Then what the hell does that make Jinro?
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ben_H
    @NickL said:
    " i kinda wish ro4 would have had different match ups, i definitely think jinro deserved second with mc at first, though i have a biased love for jinro, so does anyone else agree with this assessment? "
    I do. Jinro was actually good, unlike Rain.  He probably would have roflstomped Rain just as bad as MC did.  Rain doesn't seem to have a late game.  It's either all-in and win or crash and burn. Which by the sounds of things is how much of the Korean server is right now.  I watch a lot of streams and it certainly seems that way.

Guinea Pig's matches were my favourites.  His builds are so risky but if you pull it off without immediately dying it's insane against a ton of matchups due to the early income.  I did the Lost Temple version in a  PVP match.  I held off a double robo immortal/zealot/stalker push with cannons and a couple sentries while going for 2 stargate Carrier/Mothership.  I had the mothership right before he attacked so I cloaked all my cannons and pylons.  The income you get is insane for how early it is.  I could consistently have 2 stargates building carriers (I only got up to 7 carriers because the game ended as soon as I countered). I attacked with 5 carriers and the mothership.  The guy was dumbfounded. I vortexed his probes and killed his nexus and pylons plus his expo in about 3 minutes.  He didn't gg. :(  I was amazed how fast I built that six unit attacking force up.

Other than that, I mainly liked Jinro's matches.  Mid-to-late game Terran is probably my favourite race to watch because of the siege tank strategy. He knew he wouldn't win against MC  so it's almost like he gave up.  Well that and MC doesn't lose against Terran other than the odd match.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By meteora
    @CaLe said:
    " @Meteora said:
    " @CaLe said:
    " I'm just happy for MC, he really deserved it. He isn't just confident but has the skills to back up everything he says. I thought it was funny when he said that if he played Terran he would have won season 1 and 2 as well lol. "
    Are you kidding me? MC shows a huge aura of confidence around him. 

That's pretty much what I was saying.. I said he isn't JUST confident, but also skilled. "

*reads post over again* 

Oh shi- 

Apparently I can't read. ^_^
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Trilogy

I can't speak for the whole season since I only watched the finals (same with season 2) but I think there's too much cheesing going on from all three races. I understand that players are going to do what it takes to win, especially  when there is $85,000 on the line but it just isn't fun to watch from a spectators point of view.

Perhaps I'll buy next season and try to catch some more interesting games. So far, my favorite games to watch come from mlg, dreamhack, ect.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Meteora: Theres a difference between doing cheese once (like the porxy gate) and doing it every game you win (Like rain.)
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NickL
    @Meteora said:
    Rain gets way too much hate for my liking. When MC did cheese plays, people praised him for it. Though I suppose it isn't that surprising to cheese a cheeser. In the end I don't really care, I like MC winning the thing and would like to congratulate him. On the same note, I am pleased that Rain put up a decent game when we all thought MC would totally just steamroll over him.  People are just butthurt that he knocked out NesTea. They call him a noob. Then what the hell does that make Jinro? "
    doing cheese every once in a while is a very important part of the game.  It keeps your opponent guessing and unsure of what he can really expect in the following games.  Even if you lose with the cheese, your opponent won't know how safe he has too play... on the other hand, if you cheese almost all of your games, your opponent can just play safe and tech/expand slowly and scout a lot and counter whatever cheese he sees coming his way then steamroll his opponent in the midgame with his superior economy and tech

i seriously don't understand how people can compare someone who cheeses once in a Bo7 with someone who cheeses almost every game in a Bo7

ps. i pretty much hate watching zerg and i was glad there were no zerg in top 4, so i'm gonna say i wasn't "butthurt"
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By meteora
    @Jeffsekai said: 

@Meteora: Theres a difference between doing cheese once (like the porxy gate) and doing it every game you win (Like rain.) "

I'm pretty sure he didn't always cheese in his every games, but whatever. 

@NickL said: 

@Meteora said: 

Rain gets way too much hate for my liking. When MC did cheese plays, people praised him for it. Though I suppose it isn't that surprising to cheese a cheeser. In the end I don't really care, I like MC winning the thing and would like to congratulate him. On the same note, I am pleased that Rain put up a decent game when we all thought MC would totally just steamroll over him.  People are just butthurt that he knocked out NesTea. They call him a noob. Then what the hell does that make Jinro? "
    doing cheese every once in a while is a very important part of the game.  It keeps your opponent guessing and unsure of what he can really expect in the following games.  Even if you lose with the cheese, your opponent won't know how safe he has too play... on the other hand, if you cheese almost all of your games, your opponent can just play safe and tech/expand slowly and scout a lot and counter whatever cheese he sees coming his way then steamroll his opponent in the midgame with his superior economy and tech 

i seriously don't understand how people can compare someone who cheeses once in a Bo7 with someone who cheeses almost every game in a Bo7  ps. i pretty much hate watching zerg and i was glad there were no zerg in top 4, so i'm gonna say i wasn't "butthurt" "
    Game ones and twos are not cheesing. Can people stop saying TSL_Rain only plays by cheesing? 

And yes I'm comparing one cheeser to a bigger cheeser because when MC cheesed twice in the last two games I went "really?". I just don't like how anticlimactic the finals have ending. But I don't really care anymore since everyone's going to keep hating TSL_Rain and loving MC and there's no way to convince people otherwise, just like how everyone overvalues GG and keeps hatinig idrA for his BM.    
    hw2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By hw2k

I was a bit disappointed that Fruitdealer didn't get past RO8, as I would have loved to see him play NesTea, and also, looking forward to see more awesomeness out of Leenock. \,,/,

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Meteora: It's mostly Ro8 vs. NesTea where he lost 2 games playing straight up and won 3 games cheesing.  Up until then his wins were about half of each.

@NickL: I thought season 3 had way too many Marine/SCV rushes since like 90% of the matchups were ZvT.  That being said, I did enjoy watching MC play Jinro and Rain like a fiddle and stomp their faces.  I have nothing against Jinro, I just hate Terran.  Season 2 takes the cake for me.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NickL

im actually watching the backlog of season 1 that i missed out of boredom (winter break) and its kind of crazy how good the players have become...  Nestea truly looked horrible in his match

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By DystopiaX

All of the finals were disappointing IMO, but there have been good matches in every tournament. Leenock's played some good games, I liked Fruitdealer vs Top (I think) season 1, Nestea is amazing to watch, MC is a beast, etc.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By DystopiaX
    @NickL said:

" im actually watching the backlog of season 1 that i missed out of boredom (winter break) and its kind of crazy how good the players have become...  Nestea truly looked horrible in his match "

It's a lot of luck...in interviews people keep saying how they were nervous, or in other tournaments they did worse because they had to play against very good players that were strong in the matchup they were weak against (like playing Boxer when you're bad PvT or something), and players who fail to qualify either lose to cheese or to other very good players (I think Nada lost to someone big in season 3, Tester's failed a couple times even though he's amazing at the game, Incontrol, Huk, and Kiwikaki were all 1 game away from qualifying, etc.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.