GSL Season 4 Finals on at 10PM PST Tonight! (spoilers)

#1 Posted by StarvingGamer (8391 posts) -

Watch it free HERE.

We gonna get a Skype channel going?  Although I may not to be able to get on since it's starting so early that I'll probably end up watching with my girlfriend instead.  I'll get on when she falls asleep o_O

But yeah, MVP FIGHTING!!!  I'm guessing MVP 4-2 over MKP but I hope it's more dramatic than that.  And for those of you that are curious about the Korean SCII scene but haven't checked it out beyond Brad's videos, this is probably going to be the most reasonable time for us in the States (Canada) to watch it live.  WATCH IT!!!

#2 Edited by Ben_H (3389 posts) -

MVP mopped MKP up soooo hard.  He even dropped mules to mock him in the last game.  That was insane. He used MKP's tactics against him, especially with marines. I certainly didn't expect 4-0

I felt bad for MKP though.  He looked so disappointed. Though there wasn't much he could do, MVP was onto absolutely everything he did.  How did he find that hidden command center?

Also, John and Jay's hilarious translating made me laugh a lot.

#3 Edited by StarvingGamer (8391 posts) -

That was sooo sad... lol

Worst finals ever, fuck Terrans ruining my SCII lol

#4 Posted by Deathpooky (1427 posts) -

Repost from other thread: 

Ugh, sorry I stayed up for that.  MKP had a couple shining moments, but overall he looked terrible and MVP entirely outplanned and outplayed him.  The first game MKP went entirely outside his style and it showed, second game MKP tried a semi-cheese and got caught and MVP abused his spread out bases quickly.  Third game MKP got out marine-d as he tried to wait for upgrades and tech.  And fourth game he completely choked and threw away half his force to siege tanks.  Ugh.  Ugly.  MVP played great throughout, but it was not fun to watch.     

And for the hidden command center, all I could think is Jinro's comment about the booths not really being soundproofed.  I mean, he could have detected something was up from some limited scouting, but that was still a crazy pull to scout that.

#5 Posted by NeoKef (75 posts) -

I'm speechless.

#6 Edited by NeoKef (75 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:

" Repost from other thread:  Ugh, sorry I stayed up for that.  MKP had a couple shining moments, but overall he looked terrible and MVP entirely outplanned and outplayed him.  The first game MKP went entirely outside his style and it showed, second game MKP tried a semi-cheese and got caught and MVP abused his spread out bases quickly.  Third game MKP got out marine-d as he tried to wait for upgrades and tech.  And fourth game he completely choked and threw away half his force to siege tanks.  Ugh.  Ugly.  MVP played great throughout, but it was not fun to watch." 

That sums it up.

And for the hidden command center, all I could think is Jinro's comment about the booths not really being soundproofed.  I mean, he could have detected something was up from some limited scouting, but that was still a crazy pull to scout that.

They do wear earphone under their headphones though.

#7 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

MVP did everything flawlessly, I cannot believe how one-sided this game has been. I feel kind of bad for MKP losing two finals in a row. 

The Code A finals would have been more exciting and entertaining to watch than this roflstomp. =/

#8 Edited by Noodles (539 posts) -

Those were some brutal games, and it truly showed that MVP completely outclasses every other SC2 player out there, at least right now.

#9 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1316 posts) -
@Noodles said:
" Those were some brutal games, and it truly showed that MVP completely outclasses every other SC2 player out there, at least right now. "
Nestea gave MVP some close games, and Nada should have beat MKP.

I think Nestea and MVP are the 2 best in the world with a few people right behind them.  Like Jinro, Idra, MC, and so on.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.