Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

How do you cope with mass Stalkers?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

I've been struggling with mass Stalker players for some time now. 

While it won't be a problem to fungal the growth out of them with Infestors, I'm a Terran player myself and can't come up with a solution. Perhaps a mass Marauder will do, but you see, I can't be sure that he won't send a Void as well. I've tried various defenses, but they all turn useless when they blink inside my base. There are always cheap Observers patrolling so even Banshees don't work.

go gg gl gg gogogogo

Jeaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Jeaz

A mixed bowl of marauders and marines with stimpacks will both cover the stalkers and a few extra VRs. Of course, adding a few dropships helps as well.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aus_azn

Ghosts w/Nuke. People who mass stalkers are usually imbeciles who don't know how to do anything else or how to micro.

Or at least as far as my experience goes.

GodsMistakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GodsMistakeXx

3 Xanax and a lortab

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ben_H

Marauders, medivacs (from a reactored starport.  if he sends void rays just switch to viking production and kite the voids), and if it gets late enough into the game ghosts to emp shields.  Marauders demolish stalkers thanks to their bonus against armoured units. It's almost as ugly as marauders versus roaches, where marauders just don't die and kill double their numbers in roaches.

Believe it or not, tanks actually work well in defensive situations.  They chew through stalkers, which is one of the reasons why the 1/1/1 is so hard to stop, because the tanks kill your anti-air so fast and then the banshees kill all the ground units. 

For zerg just do roach/infestor (if he has zealots with stalkers) or ling/infestor (if he only has stalkers, the lings will hold them up long enough to get fungals off) and lock the stalkers down and kill them.  You can infestor your way out of any situation if your micro is good enough. Don't forget after you kill all his stalkers (and his macro will likely suck if he only made stalkers) to go infested terran bomb his expos to salt the wounds.  It's quite satisfying when they swear at you as they lose their expansions in record time.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vade

Stim marines rip through void rays and marauders hard counter stalkers. Just polish your basic MMM build to perfection and you shouldn't have trouble.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

Tanks. 

As the marine in Halo 3 says - "TANK BEATS EVERYTHING!"

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Turambar

@antikorper said:

I've been struggling with mass Stalker players for some time now. While it won't be a problem to fungal the growth out of them with Infestors, I'm a Terran player myself and can't come up with a solution. Perhaps a mass Marauder will do, but you see, I can't be sure that he won't send a Void as well. I've tried various defenses, but they all turn useless when they blink inside my base. There are always cheap Observers patrolling so even Banshees don't work. go gg gl gg gogogogo

Some replay files would be useful, though judging from that line, it sounds like you're just not having an active presence on the map and letting the blink stalkers run wild while you stay in your base. Keep a unit or two in front of his base to see when he moves out, and keep a marine on each watch tower.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By tebbit

Stim Marauders will cut those fools up, especially if they have medivacs to help em out.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

Seems this comes up fairly often. Though a replay would help, you really can't go wrong with stim marauders and medivacs. Tanks for support, too.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By WickedCestus

If your opponent just makes a lot of one unit, it's really easy to stop unless you don't scout it.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By DG991

Blink stalkers?

If it is an all in then just throw down some bunkers with marauders at the ramp and try to keep an observer from checking the high ground and allowing blink up... defend as best you can against that on certain maps. Use your scans/turrets to stop that observer. Marauders OWN.

If its a longer game and he is on 2 bases or even 3, then work on your macro because you should be able to get enough Marauders/Marines/Medivacs to stop mass stalkers dead cold.... they need to get colossus or something to deal with that bio ball.

Also, if they go Void and blink stalker then they just used a lot of money, and that means you should be able to stop that with MMM.

Btw, the new patch is gonna make blink take longer which will mess up timings for a little while.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By csl316

@DG991: Any word on when the new patch may be coming off the PTR?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By matoya

Make an infestor

tarquinbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tarquinbb

everything owns blink stalker if you're positioned correctly.  the problem is their hyper mobility, just try to keep control of the towers and/or have patrolling scv/marine.

1.  they rarely have more than one observer in your base, scan and kill it.

2.  position your units ready to intercept the blink into your base

3.  get lots of free kills

4.  expand

Zolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zolfe

you can try landing your command center on them to squish them

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Contact the police ASAP and tell them about the issue. Most likely they will send a police unit to watch your house as the stalker acts. I also suggest getting a security system such as cameras to protect yourself from stalkers.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @NekuSakuraba
    Contact the police ASAP and tell them about the issue. Most likely they will send a police unit to watch your house as the stalker acts. I also suggest getting a security system such as cameras to protect yourself from stalkers.
    Also, how did you get mass stalkers? Wouldn't they bump into each other at some point?
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aus_azn

Just occurred to me, you could do the A-build, where you only get marines; research combat shield and stimpacks and upgrades. A shitton of marines kills stuff fast, and IIRC their DPS should outweigh stalkers by miles.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Gosh guys, I'm not exactly great at it or anything but I somehow have managed 650 wins and I've only used Zerg this whole time. I just don't have much luck with the infestor against stalkers. For me, mass stalkers will always be able to shoot my army which would include roaches in some cases. Stalkers soak up banes and hydras are almost useless. If anyone could correct me I'd appreciate it.

See, I usually get mass ling with my infestors because lings are sooooo effective against them. But if the other guy has tanks for support in a team game or thors, I'm pretty much toast.

As an aside, I hear Jennifer Anniston has mass stalkers and her overlords usually take care of them....just a thought......

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TotalEklypse

I call in E-Honda to give the 1000 fists to the man berries. 

There are no survivors.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By wunder_

Just make marawdrs d00d

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShockD
    @TotalEklypse said:

I call in E-Honda to give the 1000 fists to the man berries.  There are no survivors.

I call Zangief and Lariat everyone.
    baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By baldgye

MMM will rape mass stalker

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By imsh_pl

Marines and marauders, really.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShockD

Hmm yeah, the marines marauders worked quite well. The problem was that I went 5racks and there were voids harassing all over the place.

Anyhow, thanks for confirming that the marauders are the best counter ;)

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By baldgye
    @antikorper said:
    Hmm yeah, the marines marauders worked quite well. The problem was that I went 5racks and there were voids harassing all over the place.  Anyhow, thanks for confirming that the marauders are the best counter ;)
    ...so use scans to see what they are doing before you fully commit to a build?
    Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Killboyy777

hmmm If you let your oppenent "mass" anything your not playing aggressive enough. MMM drop/harrass, force him into either losing the game or switching tech to collosus/void, a starport w/reactor will finish the game off.  

at ~12min in the game how many rax you have running?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.