I think I'm done playing this game

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

I just finished playing 6 games online. As a Terran I faced players from all different races and, as you've probably guessed, I lost all 6 games. I'm sick of the nerfs to Terran, sick of seeing the other races buffed. If you look at the statistics you'll see that players are ditching Terran for Protoss along with a large difference between Protoss and Terran wins in the lower leagues. Protoss, in general, is winning 3 to 10% more than Terran. The game may be balanced for Master and Grandmaster leagues but Terran players in the lower leagues are suffering.

It's just frustrating constantly having to fight and work at my game just to stay in the same place rather than moving up. I have no desire to put the time in to learn Protoss. So I think I'm giving up this game, maybe one day I'll start a new account a work up from bronze league, but probably not. I recently made a life decision in which I would drastically reduce the amount of games I play. I feel like they are just not improving my life the way a more social and active hobby could. But that's a topic for another post.

Anyway, I guess this is it SC, adios.

#2 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -

Terran are just as imba as Protoss. I play Zerg like a real man.

#3 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -
#4 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

I have no desire to put the time in to learn Protoss.

This line right here stuck out to me. You'll take the time to complain on a forum about how "Ugh, Terran so bad, I can't play SC anymore" and then say that you're unwilling to even try to learn another race? I assume you came here instead of the Battle.net forums to avoid this, but here it is: "We won't miss you." If winning is so important to you in a game, maybe you should learn to play it better, but crying won't do you any good.

On another note, any time someone's looking to reduce time spent on video games they've got my support. Best of luck to you in that endeavor.

#5 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

@Toxeia: It's not that winning is crucial to my enjoyment, I just can't put up with constantly losing. I don't want to put the time in because it takes a ridiculously long time to get any good with a race. It's weird that you belittle me with the crying comment and then encourage me in the next sentence.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered by your opinion, I've already made up my mind. I was just giving my reasons why I'm not playing any more.

#6 Posted by yoshisaur (2661 posts) -
@RollingZeppelin Sorry, but I watch plenty of Live Streams to understand that Terran hold their own very well. You obviously don't know how to adapt or are simply plaguing a forum with your complaints for the sake of venting. Whichever one it is, the beaten to death quote actually works here for you: "Play better."
#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Man, I'm sure the people maining "Random" must be really angry, based on these statistics. Players who play "Random" should get buffs.

#8 Edited by mshaw006 (540 posts) -

If you really think about what your complaint is, you'll see that you're not at a long-term disadvantage at all.

Let's say terran is underpowered due to recent nerfs. What would happen in that case? Well, all terrans would begin losing a lot, until the system started giving them weaker opponents. After that, their winning percentages would be back at 50%.

So where are you in this process? It seems like you're in the phase where you're winning less than you used to. In that case, after maybe ten or so more games, you should be right back where you want to be: evenly matched with your opponents, and winning at about 50%.

Do you really want to stop playing this game forever because you feel you're at a disadvantage for the next few games until your MMR readjusts?

#9 Posted by Spectreman (232 posts) -

Play turtle, man. Build a planetary in your natural, upgrade to siege tanks, turrets turrets turrets, third base, more turrets. Mass Thors and go.

#10 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

People were bitching about playing Z and P At some point as well. Metagame shifts and shit becomes easier for certain races at various times until the game is figured out.

#11 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

@mshaw006: Ya, I do because I feel like I just took 2.5 hours today and threw it out the window.

@FluxWaveZ: Even if you normalize for the population the Protoss still have better stats.

@ccampb89: I've adapted for long enough. Those live streams are of pro players who are miles above the average player in terms of skill, you can't compare them to people who play the game more casually. "Play better" is one option, I choose "don't play'. Also plaguing the forum? I'm just stating why I don't want to play the game anymore, you're treating it as if I just called your mother a whore (I'm sure she's a very nice lady).

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

@mshaw006: Ya, I do because I feel like I just took 2.5 hours today and threw it out the window.

Aren't you supposed to try to learn something from every defeat? At least, that's always been my approach with SC2, so I constantly look at replays I've done and think about what I did wrong when I'm faced with a loss. If to you, that time is simply thrown away, then yeah, it's probably a good thing you're gonna stop playing SC2.

#13 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin: A TERRAN complaining that another race is OP..... BAHAHAHAHAHA......oh wait....you're serious...

I'll never understand how Terrans can say other races are imba.

#14 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@RollingZeppelin said:

@mshaw006: Ya, I do because I feel like I just took 2.5 hours today and threw it out the window.

Aren't you supposed to try to learn something from every defeat? At least, that's always been my approach with SC2, so I constantly look at replays I've done and think about what I did wrong when I'm faced with a loss. If to you, that time is simply thrown away, then yeah, it's probably a good thing you're gonna stop playing SC2.

I guess, in the end, I just don't care about my relationship with games and everything that surrounds them any more. I don't identify with gamers at all, I feel that they are mostly entitled teenagers/man-children (not all, but most). I want to move on with my life, get out of my house more, be more social, do something that will improve my skills and my health. The GB crew are great I'm sure they would be really cool to hang out with, but they are not the majority of gamers. It's weird, I'm still entertained by their antics on this site, but I come here for their reactions and opinions and the funny stuff they do/say, I really dont care about the games anymore.

I realized this after playing Skyrim, the successor to my favourite RPG (Morrowind) growing up. I was so pumped playing it at the beginning, but looking back I can only see the time spent essentially doing nothing. When you can't get excited about a game, one that was one of the reasons you liked games in the first place, you have two choices; become jaded and cynical and keep playing games, drawing minimal entertainment from them, or move on with your life.

I think I'll choose the latter.

#15 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@Jace said:

@RollingZeppelin: A TERRAN complaining that another race is OP..... BAHAHAHAHAHA......oh wait....you're serious...

I'll never understand how Terrans can say other races are imba.

For the average level player, Terran is probably the most difficult race to play. Sure at the highest level Terran is probably the strongest race, mainly because Terran is so dependent on micro mid to late game. But it can be rough for Terran players trying to climb the ranks.

#16 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace said:

@RollingZeppelin: A TERRAN complaining that another race is OP..... BAHAHAHAHAHA......oh wait....you're serious...

I'll never understand how Terrans can say other races are imba.

For the average level player, Terran is probably the most difficult race to play. Sure at the highest level Terran is probably the strongest race, mainly because Terran is so dependent on micro mid to late game. But it can be rough for Terran players trying to climb the ranks.

False. Terran is the only race that has built in training wheels for micro AND macro play. Fucked up worker production? Mule. Forgot to scout? Scan. Supply blocked yourself? Depot add-on. Slacking in micro? Turtle.

Terran is objectively the easiest race to start with. Blizzard even said Terran is the most "complete" race.

#17 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

@Jace: How many games have you played as Terran?

#18 Posted by yoshisaur (2661 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin: I assure you that I would treat this very differently if you called my Mother a whore, lol. Also, I can easily compare a pro player to a casual because you are not talking about the player, but the units they are using. It's not about pure micro or macroing, it's about adapting to a situation, scouting, and reading your opponent. It just sounds like you are quitting because you can't seem to get yourself out of the hole you're in, and instead of pointing that out, you chose something that more people would understand.

#19 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1916 posts) -

@ccampb89 said:

@RollingZeppelin: I assure you that I would treat this very differently if you called my Mother a whore, lol. Also, I can easily compare a pro player to a casual because you are not talking about the player, but the units they are using. It's not about pure micro or macroing, it's about adapting to a situation, scouting, and reading your opponent. It just sounds like you are quitting because you can't seem to get yourself out of the hole you're in, and instead of pointing that out, you chose something that more people would understand.

I guess you're right in that respect. also this:

@RollingZeppelin said:

I guess, in the end, I just don't care about my relationship with games and everything that surrounds them any more. I don't identify with gamers at all, I feel that they are mostly entitled teenagers/man-children (not all, but most). I want to move on with my life, get out of my house more, be more social, do something that will improve my skills and my health. The GB crew are great I'm sure they would be really cool to hang out with, but they are not the majority of gamers. It's weird, I'm still entertained by their antics on this site, but I come here for their reactions and opinions and the funny stuff they do/say, I really dont care about the games anymore.

I realized this after playing Skyrim, the successor to my favourite RPG (Morrowind) growing up. I was so pumped playing it at the beginning, but looking back I can only see the time spent essentially doing nothing. When you can't get excited about a game, one that was one of the reasons you liked games in the first place, you have two choices; become jaded and cynical and keep playing games, drawing minimal entertainment from them, or move on with your life.

I think I'll choose the latter.

#20 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

@Jace: How many games have you played as Terran?

~300. But that's not counting my EU account.

#21 Edited by mshaw006 (540 posts) -

said:

I don't identify with gamers at all

Oh good god, no. I'd have to agree with you that vocal people who call themselves "gamers" are a bizarre group of people. The stuff they get worked up about, complain about, base their opinions on, etc. is patently absurd, and I think it would be hard to be happy if one thought the way they do. The term "gamer" itself is cringe-inducing, and the idea that "gamer" culture is considered typical by the general public is offensive and, to be honest, embarrassing. To me, a self-titled "gamer" is someone who fully buys into the marketing geared for them, and basically borrows their identity from a stereotype. I think it's disgusting and sad. Be glad you don't identify with that culture.

As for wanting to stop playing games and do other, more productive things, I think the only thing to say is that you should go after what you want. I mean, think about it. The reason you started playing games was because you liked it, right? If it's not enjoyable anymore, then there goes your reason to play. There isn't a higher reason to play games, unlike school or work, or even playing an instrument, so there's no reason do dig deep and power through the lulls in your motivation. If you want to see yourself playing games 5 years from now, that's a different story. But if you're ready to let it go, then I say let it go.

#22 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace said:

@RollingZeppelin: A TERRAN complaining that another race is OP..... BAHAHAHAHAHA......oh wait....you're serious...

I'll never understand how Terrans can say other races are imba.

For the average level player, Terran is probably the most difficult race to play. Sure at the highest level Terran is probably the strongest race, mainly because Terran is so dependent on micro mid to late game. But it can be rough for Terran players trying to climb the ranks.

False. Terran is the only race that has built in training wheels for micro AND macro play. Fucked up worker production? Mule. Forgot to scout? Scan. Supply blocked yourself? Depot add-on. Slacking in micro? Turtle.

Terran is objectively the easiest race to start with. Blizzard even said Terran is the most "complete" race.

Terran has the slowest worker production out of all the races, not to mention you will have several of them building things at any given time who cannot be mining. And if you are throwing down mules you should not have so much that you can just scan and throw down depots at your leisure.

Let's use Protoss for some of your examples up there. Fucked up worker production? Chrono Boost for 50% increased worker production. Forgot to scout? Chrono out a obs in 15sec to go and see anything on the map and be invisible, hell get 2 or 3! Have god awful upgrades? Chrono them out 50% faster than the other races. Slacking in micro? Who cares, you don't need much of it anyway.

I really disagree that turtling counters not having micro ability. First of all if you are going to turtle you are giving free reign for your opponent to take many expansions and second you are going to have to fight eventually, where micro is involved. Also it is very difficult to turtle against a toss as seige tanks are not very viable.

So when you do have to fight and have to micro it is more challenging to learn than the other races. Against zerg you have to split like a mad man to avoid banelings and later on infestors. If you don't spread properly against infestors or high temps your whole army will just melt. If you get caught out of seige against a zerg you will likely lose your entire army. If you do not prepare with mass vikings for broodlords/corrupters you will be in a shit ton of trouble, same goes for colossus. If either of these catch you off guard it is likely game ending. Not to mention Terran is the slowest race to resupply and tech switch with. Say you do kill all the colossus or broodlords, they could tech switch to archons or ultras in seconds and make your whole viking supply worthless.

This is what seems to be the hardest thing for lower level terrans to deal with. Even if you kill a max toss or zerg army they can resupply so much faster, you better have won that fight substantially. So you managed to have the vikings focus fire on the individual colossus, spread your army against the storm and colossus fire, kited the chargelots (this alone can be daunting for an average player), possibly pulled off some emps or snipes, but then you have to deal with 40 supply being warped in immediately after. This is what is so discouraging to lower level players. Assuming you did have good macro during all this and you did make the proper amount of production and add-ons, and started resupplying as your units were dying, you will still resupply so much slower. Keep in mind all the toss had to do during the fight is throw down storms and a-move.

This is why Terran is now more rare than the other races, the micro required is much more substantial, there is much more production facilities to keep up with, and you resupply much slower.

#23 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

Funny, I play Terran and recently came back to Starcraft II after a few months of inactivity. I'm having a blast! I've been doing really well and currently have made rank 12 gold (my highest ever). When I first came back I was having a lot of trouble, but I simply looked at what what I was doing against each race and made adjustments that are working quite well. I also really started thinking during games, almost talking to myself as if I were explaining what was going on to another person. Once I started doing this, I found that reading my opponents was easier and I was getting better at adjusting accordingly.  
 
I'm sorry you feel like leaving, sometimes picking yourself up out of a hole is more rewarding than winning every game. Also, a six game losing streak isn't too bad, keep trying :D

#24 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

Slacking in micro? Who cares, you don't need much of it anyway.

Stopped reading there.

#25 Posted by Slag (4034 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

I just finished playing 6 games online. As a Terran I faced players from all different races and, as you've probably guessed, I lost all 6 games.

If you don't want to play anymore, don't play. The game is meant to be fun, if you are not having fun then do something else. If you feel it is preventing you from doing things that you feel you should be doing (social/health habits) than by all means please do quit/cutback. Unless you are competing at the pro level games are just entertainment and should be treated as such. That's no big deal.

But don't blame the SCII balancing for what essentially a "you" issue in that you are on a cold streak, you refuse to adapt styles, you refuse to race switch, you aren't having fun. There are plenty of ways for Terrans to win even if it's a little tougher than it was, the rebalancing is not remotely that bad that it makes winning as terran that hard. And if by some chance it were, Blizzard has a great track record of undoing it if you can wait a couple months.

This is not the game's fault it's yours. And that's why you are getting such a negative reaction here, because frankly you are whining and no one wants to read that. I'm not sure why you think venting here by blaming the game (or really anywhere) would produce any other result. But what do you want us to say? That we think SCII is ruined now too and that games are a waste of time? I wouldn't be on Giant Bomb if I agreed with that or probably just anybody else here. I don't know what you want from us here.

I do get the frustration you must be feeling, I hit a stretch where I dropped 13 in a row once in Warcraft III: FT and man is that deflating.

You know it's also possible you might be losing a lot because the system is trying to promote you. I go through a cold stretch every time I'm about to go up a rank because my opponents are now tougher. So you might be quitting right when you are getting a chance to move up in the ladder ranks. Just a thought.

FWIW Terran is the race I role with and have since I got the game, I don't think the continual rebalancing has affected my win rate much. Haven't much lately because my friends have moved onto other games but I've won 5 out of the last 6 I've played this month (probably 400+ total played since 2011). So whatever it is you are seeing I haven't encountered it yet, fwiw. Maybe I'm not high enough (high Gold in 1v1, Plat in 3v3) to run into it yet.

anyway I hope you find health and happiness.

#26 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@Jace: Figured you would not have an argument.

#27 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

Slacking in micro? Who cares, you don't need much of it anyway.

Stopped reading there.

Me too, actually.

Protoss not needing micro lolololol. After the GSL S2 final I'm looking forward to the next patch. I also can't wait till HotS for glorious Zerg to become imba for 3-4 weeks.

#28 Edited by Jace (1092 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace: Figured you would not have an argument.

Why the fuck would I waste my time arguing with someone who just implied Protoss doesn't require micro? I could go into detail, but it isn't worth it.

Anyone that is remotely decent at SC2 will agree with me. Your post was a joke bro.

#29 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

@Jace said:

@RollingZeppelin: A TERRAN complaining that another race is OP..... BAHAHAHAHAHA......oh wait....you're serious...

I'll never understand how Terrans can say other races are imba.

The same way that we've been nerfed for most of the patches. yet you 2 guys continue to bitch and moan until blizz does something.You know not all of us are Code S level? Just because terran is strong there doesn't mean it's all over the ladder. Play a race which requires micro then come see me.

#30 Posted by TheBostonPops (70 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@RollingZeppelin said:

@mshaw006: Ya, I do because I feel like I just took 2.5 hours today and threw it out the window.

Aren't you supposed to try to learn something from every defeat? At least, that's always been my approach with SC2, so I constantly look at replays I've done and think about what I did wrong when I'm faced with a loss. If to you, that time is simply thrown away, then yeah, it's probably a good thing you're gonna stop playing SC2.

I guess, in the end, I just don't care about my relationship with games and everything that surrounds them any more. I don't identify with gamers at all, I feel that they are mostly entitled teenagers/man-children (not all, but most). I want to move on with my life, get out of my house more, be more social, do something that will improve my skills and my health. The GB crew are great I'm sure they would be really cool to hang out with, but they are not the majority of gamers. It's weird, I'm still entertained by their antics on this site, but I come here for their reactions and opinions and the funny stuff they do/say, I really dont care about the games anymore.

I realized this after playing Skyrim, the successor to my favourite RPG (Morrowind) growing up. I was so pumped playing it at the beginning, but looking back I can only see the time spent essentially doing nothing. When you can't get excited about a game, one that was one of the reasons you liked games in the first place, you have two choices; become jaded and cynical and keep playing games, drawing minimal entertainment from them, or move on with your life.

I think I'll choose the latter.

Dude, fine, stop playing games then. I fail to see the point of this whole thread, because it surely isn't about Starcraft.

#31 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace: Figured you would not have an argument.

Why the fuck would I waste my time arguing with someone who just implied Protoss doesn't require micro. I could go into detail, but it isn't worth it.

Anyone that is remotely decent at SC2 will agree with me. Your post was a joke bro.

At the low-average levels protoss does not require a lot of micro as I said, anyone knowledgeable about the game can recognize that. You are the one saying Terran has training wheels for micro, by sitting in your base and not fighting? Not sure how that makes any sense. You can sit there and makes excuses for not refuting any of my points, that is fine with me. :)

#32 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@Cramsy:

You realize there are numerous Protoss builds ENTIRELY revolving around the ability to have consistently perfect FF micro, rig-

Never mind.

I'm done arguing in this thread. You guys are really showing how inexperienced you are. I've seen some strong arguments for Protoss being imba, but this is pathetic.

#33 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

@Jace said:

@Cramsy:

You realize there are numerous Protoss builds ENTIRELY revolving around the ability to have consistently perfect FF micro, rig-

Never mind.

I'm done arguing in this thread. You guys are really showing how inexperienced you are. I've seen some strong arguments for Protoss being imba, but this is pathetic.

I know that. I'm talking about sub diamond level here. You cannot seriously tell me that if a 200/200 tvp army hit each other in those leagues that protoss wouldn't come out. The nature of the colosus and the strength of 3/3 chargelots put lots of pressure on terran to keep vikings alive as well as kite the charge lots. Obviously as we get higher the game is more balanced.

#34 Edited by Jace (1092 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy: Fine.

How does turtling negate the need for micro? By allowing players to build stationary units to hold off attacks long enough to amass an army of costly units and A move to victory. This works best at lower levels of play, which dismantles your argument completely.

Your comparison between obs chrono and scan is invalid for a number of reasons. I would feel my I.Q. drop if I had to explain why.

Quote: "So when you do have to fight and have to micro it is more challenging to learn than the other races. Against zerg you have to split like a mad man to avoid banelings and later on infestors. If you don't spread properly against infestors or high temps your whole army will just melt. If you get caught out of seige against a zerg you will likely lose your entire army. If you do not prepare with mass vikings for broodlords/corrupters you will be in a shit ton of trouble, same goes for colossus. If either of these catch you off guard it is likely game ending. Not to mention Terran is the slowest race to resupply and tech switch with. Say you do kill all the colossus or broodlords, they could tech switch to archons or ultras in seconds and make your whole viking supply worthless."

1. You act as if having to micro against zerg is exclusive to Terran, this point is irrelevant.

2. Micro against HT QQ, really? Would you like to argue that it's harder to land EMP's than storms? Please do, I need a laugh.

3. Yes, if you get caught out of position while using a build that revolves around positioning, you will lose. Great point. Solid.

4. The rest of the post is about unit comp/counter which isn't even on topic.

#35 Posted by Nephrahim (1119 posts) -

You know what? Good.

Terran have been on top of the hill since the game launched. Even if it IS a bit against them now (Which I am not at all buying) it's about time. I trust Blizz to keep balancing it, through this and the X-pack, but still.

#36 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy: Fine.

How does turtling negate the need for micro? By allowing players to build stationary units to hold off attacks long enough to amass an army of costly units and A move to victory. This works best at lower levels of play, which dismantles your argument completely.

Why would you attack into a turtle, of course you are going to lose if you do that? You could just expand like crazy and get a huge economy and bank. And as I said tanks are not very good against protoss, so turtling isn't much of an option. And still it remains you will have to fight eventually where micro comes into play.

@Jace said:

Your comparison between obs chrono and scan is invalid for a number of reasons. I would feel my I.Q. drop if I had to explain why.

Okay dodge the argument, that is fine.

@Jace said:

1. You act as if having to micro against zerg is exclusive to Terran, this point is irrelevant.

2. Micro against HT QQ, really? Would you like to argue that it's harder to land EMP's than storms? Please do, I need a laugh.

3. Yes, if you get caught out of position while using a build that revolves around positioning, you will lose. Great point. Solid.

4. The rest of the post is about unit comp/counter which isn't even on topic.

1. It is not exclusive at all, it is just more challenging. Splitting marines from speed banelings and infestors is probably the most difficult micro there is.

2. Okay, Emp's have a smaller radius and need to hit a smaller group to be successful. Storms are slightly larger radius and can be placed anywhere on the army rather than specific units to be successful. Pretty simple.

3. Yea and it is a great reason as to why it is difficult for lower level Terrans. It is very challenging to watch their army the entire time while still trying to macro. Even if you are watching and you get onto creep you can still be caught off guard because of how fats the zerg units are.

4. Not sure how that is off topic, but okay. Vikings are forced because they counter colossus, you stop making colossus, vikings become useless supply. Seems on topic to me, it is a big part of the matchup.

This post made it very apparent you have no idea what you are talking about. I am baffled at #2, just dumbfounded.

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -

@Jace: I think you're being trolled.

Let's post images now.

#38 Edited by BisonHero (6213 posts) -

Most people in this thread come off sounding like huge assholes. Though I agree with that flowchart Terran is the easiest race to succeed with when you're in the lower leagues.

#39 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

Another bronze complaining about inbalance... if your anything below plat your basically horrible at the game and if your anything below masters, your terrible at the game.

I'm working my way into dia (rank 2 plat atm) and I face alot ALOT of terrans, and its by FAR the easiest match-up.. want to know why? Because Terrans have no idea how to play... they go bio with vikings, max out on 200food and then try to attack your protoss 200 supply army, and then cry that protoss is op... thats not how terran bio works.

Terran is the easiest race to play, you have the highest number of insane players playing them, you have the best all-in's, you have the best early game units, you have tools to help you fuck up your macro and you have the best units to help you turtle.

#40 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace: Figured you would not have an argument.

Why the fuck would I waste my time arguing with someone who just implied Protoss doesn't require micro. I could go into detail, but it isn't worth it.

Anyone that is remotely decent at SC2 will agree with me. Your post was a joke bro.

At the low-average levels protoss does not require a lot of micro as I said, anyone knowledgeable about the game can recognize that. You are the one saying Terran has training wheels for micro, by sitting in your base and not fighting? Not sure how that makes any sense. You can sit there and makes excuses for not refuting any of my points, that is fine with me. :)

lmao this guy's hilarious... at low levels no race requires micro becasue at low levels EVERYONE IS HORRIBLE ANYWAY hahhahaha

#41 Edited by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

Are you GM? If you are losing as Terren as GM I can understand, the current standing is Terran is pretty weak but still holds strong at high level play (e.g. terran wins GSL).

However if you are not GM then you are in no place to argue balance. You lose cause you don't practice or play well and your opponents are better than you, in order to not lose you have to put time in to learn from mistakes and get better. At below GM level you only need to make no mistakes yourself and just make units and attack, it is as simple as that.

If you don't enjoy losing then you shouldn't play competitive games, without loss there is no reward in victory

#42 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

terran only won GSL becasue all they do is cheese trololololool

#43 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@baldgye said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace: Figured you would not have an argument.

Why the fuck would I waste my time arguing with someone who just implied Protoss doesn't require micro. I could go into detail, but it isn't worth it.

Anyone that is remotely decent at SC2 will agree with me. Your post was a joke bro.

At the low-average levels protoss does not require a lot of micro as I said, anyone knowledgeable about the game can recognize that. You are the one saying Terran has training wheels for micro, by sitting in your base and not fighting? Not sure how that makes any sense. You can sit there and makes excuses for not refuting any of my points, that is fine with me. :)

lmao this guy's hilarious... at low levels no race requires micro becasue at low levels EVERYONE IS HORRIBLE ANYWAY hahhahaha

That is exactly my point. Low players cannot micro well and a maxed toss army vs a maxed terran army, if they both attack move the toss will win everytime. Hence why it is frustrating for the lower skilled Terrans.

It is funny how you say you stomp Terran all the time and attribute it to them all being such bad players rather than perhaps toss late game being very strong. I don't think just by coincidence all people who pick Terran are just stupid and don't know how to play against toss.

Anyway I am done commenting and reading this thread, I realize this is really stupid. If anyone wants to play my tag is Freak#942, feel free to add me. I am mid-high diamond and I will gladly challenge any of you in this thread :P

#44 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@baldgye said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@Jace: Figured you would not have an argument.

Why the fuck would I waste my time arguing with someone who just implied Protoss doesn't require micro. I could go into detail, but it isn't worth it.

Anyone that is remotely decent at SC2 will agree with me. Your post was a joke bro.

At the low-average levels protoss does not require a lot of micro as I said, anyone knowledgeable about the game can recognize that. You are the one saying Terran has training wheels for micro, by sitting in your base and not fighting? Not sure how that makes any sense. You can sit there and makes excuses for not refuting any of my points, that is fine with me. :)

lmao this guy's hilarious... at low levels no race requires micro becasue at low levels EVERYONE IS HORRIBLE ANYWAY hahhahaha

That is exactly my point. Low players cannot micro well and a maxed toss army vs a maxed terran army, if they both attack move the toss will win everytime. Hence why it is frustrating for the lower skilled Terrans.

It is funny how you say you stomp Terran all the time and attribute it to them all being such bad players rather than perhaps toss late game being very strong. I don't think just by coincidence all people who pick Terran are just stupid and don't know how to play against toss.

Anyway I am done commenting and reading this thread, I realize this is really stupid. If anyone wants to play my tag is Freak#942, feel free to add me. I am mid-high diamond and I will gladly challenge any of you in this thread :P

If your terran, and your playing vs toss... and you want to play a long game... you need to be able to do econ damage or stop them from expanding... know how you do this... using your mobile army complete with healing powers to drop all over the protoss's base.

Yeah late game Terran is weaker than protoss... know why? becasue early game they are the strongest and yes protoss requires more mirco than terran ever will... oh my FF was a hex out of place in the split second i needed to block half his stimmed army, guess i loose this fight then...

I play mid-high dia terrans ALOT and while I don't win every game I win a enough to come to the realisation that terrans require less micro than protoss and probally less than zerg, the only thing you need to be able to do more vs protoss is multi-task. I can't count the number of games I've lost despite killing many failed drop ships with feedback becasue one emp got my HT's and then you can just stim to victory with literally no micro.

But I really don't understand the argument that a maxed bio terran will loose to a maxed protoss = terran are weak... if you want to have maxed out battles vs a protoss then your playing the game wrong.

#45 Posted by toshi0815 (51 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: People maining "random" main Zerg. I played random the last couple weeks, because Terran alone got kinda boring and 3 out of 4 times I got to play as Zerg.

#46 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@toshi0815 said:

@FluxWaveZ: People maining "random" main Zerg. I played random the last couple weeks, because Terran alone got kinda boring and 3 out of 4 times I got to play as Zerg.

i duknow, every random player ive ever played vs just cheeses and then tells me i have no skill becasue i dont play random lol

#47 Posted by toshi0815 (51 posts) -

@baldgye: That's why I don't cheese.

The other player probably expects cheese and turtles up, so I just get my economy going and go for a longer game.

Unless I play as Protoss, only thing I can do is a shitty 4gate.

#48 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@toshi0815 said:

@baldgye: That's why I don't cheese.

The other player probably expects cheese and turtles up, so I just get my economy going and go for a longer game.

I.. just scout lol

#49 Posted by BisonHero (6213 posts) -

@baldgye: Good points, though we really need to get out of the mindset of "EVERYONE WHO ISN'T GRANDMASTER IS TOTAL GARBAGE". Some people can get together and play a good game of basketball even if the teams are amateur and aren't exactly up to the standards of the Knicks or the Lakers, and the same is true of Starcraft. Any game in existence is played at all manners of skill levels, and the fact that the childish video game player community is so intent on insulting players that are still learning the game is part of the reason that these sorts of competitive genres of games really aren't growing as much as they could be.

Another bronze complaining about inbalance... if your anything below plat your basically horrible at the game and if your anything below masters, your terrible at the game.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up.

Since when did "horrible" mean something worse than "terrible"? Also, "imbalance". Also, "you're".

This has been my attempt at re-derailing this thread, which probably should've ended sometime around when the kitten thread pic was posted.

#50 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@baldgye: Good points, though we really need to get out of the mindset of "EVERYONE WHO ISN'T GRANDMASTER IS TOTAL GARBAGE". Some people can get together and play a good game of basketball even if the teams are amateur and aren't exactly up to the standards of the Knicks or the Lakers, and the same is true of Starcraft. Any game in existence is played at all manners of skill levels, and the fact that the childish video game player community is so intent on insulting players that are still learning the game is part of the reason that these sorts of competitive genres of games really aren't growing as much as they could be.

Another bronze complaining about inbalance... if your anything below plat your basically horrible at the game and if your anything below masters, your terrible at the game.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up.

Since when did "horrible" mean something worse than "terrible"? Also, "imbalance". Also, "you're".

This has been my attempt at re-derailing this thread, which probably should've ended sometime around when the kitten thread pic was posted.

I'm English and techically retarded, so I'm allowed to butcher my own language stolen from other languages.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.