Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

In-game Advisor?

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

I was just thinking, imagine if there was a mode for noobs where an advisor suggests things like scouting, getting an expansion, building some defences, etc, and then if you turn it up on a higher scale it practically tells you some common yet effective build orders and unit combinations? This could really help out newcomers, and ofcoarse would be optional, (campaign of coarse ;) )

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Or even better, if that asian dude that was offering pro lessons just comes to your house and yells over your shoulder how inferior your build order is and how he is so good at the game. That would be a killer feature.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xxNBxx

They are putting in these "challenges" to help newcomers learn the ropes, not sure how in depth they will be but its something.  With Battle.net collecting all the battles info I imagine you will learn pretty fast after your first ass wooping.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lemon360
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Or even better, if that asian dude that was offering pro lessons just comes to your house and yells over your shoulder how inferior your build order is and how he is so good at the game. That would be a killer feature. "

@JJWeatherman: your hilarious, and im serious your post was funny thats for cheering me up
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname
    @JJWeatherman: If someone comes up with that idea I'd happily pay $25 for it.
    jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By jasondaplock
    @xxNBxx said:
    " They are putting in these "challenges" to help newcomers learn the ropes, not sure how in depth they will be but its something.  With Battle.net collecting all the battles info I imagine you will learn pretty fast after your first ass wooping. "
    ...if players decide to use it. The players who actually use these resources become the wall to newcomers who aren't obsessed enough to watch replays, as they have been for years. How much more nuanced (and how much more readable) is this information going to be than a simple FOW-lifted replay? If they somehow nail this aspect and even the casual players find it worth their while then congrats to Blizzard, but I have doubts that a detailed reflection system will help newbies more than pros. All the best to the effort, as always.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.