Is there a demo?

#1 Posted by gerp (193 posts) -

I have been looking around and i don't really know how to get a demo for this game.

#2 Posted by Nephrahim (1146 posts) -
#3 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

yeah, what he said ^^. gives you a general idea of the game.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Yep, starter edition has 5 singleplayer missions, few multiplayer maps, Terran race for MP and two challenges.
Will give you a good idea of what its like.

#5 Posted by Spectreman (232 posts) -

What is bad for new players is that even if you download the entire 7 giga installation file, you still have to download and install all the patchs. Takes a long time.

#6 Posted by Rahf (126 posts) -

@Spectreman said:

What is bad for new players is that even if you download the entire 7 giga installation file, you still have to download and install all the patchs. Takes a long time.

But gives you the exact game that you are trying out. There's no other way to get around it, and I reckon any game of that caliber has the same 'issues'. It's just time, after all.

#7 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -
@Spectreman said:

so the problem with the free demo is that you have to download it? Jee... thats a real bummer....
#8 Posted by Spectreman (232 posts) -

Think about someone that never played SC2 and you want him to try. Even for the demo, he need download a 7 giga install file (ok, you can lend the disc), install (take a while), after the install, download and install every little patch release since the game came out (take another while). Is too much time for a demo.

And one day... one day, we will have a non-install lan-enable version of SC2, where we can play with the friends of work, like I do with Age of Empires 2.

#9 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

To be honest, if you can't download the SC demo because of your internet. This game might not be for you. 95% of the game is online.

#10 Posted by Nephrahim (1146 posts) -

Yeah, unless you have an internet cap (And if you do, I'd suggest finding an ISP that does not.) 7 GB is nothing to worry about these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.