July 20 Friday Night Livestream Tournament With $10 Steam Raffle

#1 Edited by Moztacular (467 posts) -

Back for a third consecutive week with another $10 steam raffle that all participants are eligible to win. Just in time for the steam summer sale wrap up. Livestream below for those who wish to watch.

Get some.

WHAT: A king of the hill tournament is a simple winner stays style where you play an opponent 1v1 and if you win you play another person. A friend and I will be casting and streaming the matches. 

WHEN:  Friday July 20th starting at 9:00pm EST. Late comers welcome there isn't a deadline to "signup." We will play for several hours or until I run out of players, so don't be afraid to check in late if you can't make it right at 9:00pm.

WHO CAN PLAY: Anyone is welcome to play, I won't be filtering out players in low leagues, though you can expect that if higher level players emerge it will be very difficult to beat them if you are a low league. You're still welcome to play and you'd probably enjoy watching on the stream. 

WHERE: North America server-Head to the channel 'giantbomb' in SC2 around 9:00pm EST or when you are ready to play. I (moztacular) will be there so send me a message that you want to play. I will add you to the first come first serve list of players. 

THE PRIZE: A $10.00 steam purchase will be raffled off at the end of the night. If you play a match you are eligible for the prize. You do not have to win or be present at the time of the drawing, but you must play at least one match to be eligible for the raffle. If there are not enough players to warrant an effective king of the hill tournament I reserve the right to keep the $10 steam purchase for a later date when we have more players.Thank you.

THE STREAM (it will go live at the time of the tournament): Below you will find the stream where myself and Pilot will co-cast the games. We do our best, thank you.    

Hope to see you on starcraft soon,
Moz
#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I'll be there. Might not be as many people as last week if The Dark Knight Rises has any impact.

#3 Posted by Moztacular (467 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: haha yes i know, I'm going to the marathon tonight! All 3 movies with Rises at midnight...long night incoming! ;p
#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

$10 Steam raffle? That's like 30 games!

#5 Edited by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I will be there and probable going to get my ass kicked.

Are you going to play slinder afterwards again?

#6 Posted by Spectre_Sigma (16 posts) -

I've been wanting to learn how to play this game more effectively, so I'll jump in.

#7 Posted by csl316 (8111 posts) -

@Moztacular said:

@FluxWaveZ: haha yes i know, I'm going to the marathon tonight! All 3 movies with Rises at midnight...long night incoming! ;p

Oh god, you actually did that? I was invited but I don't think I'm a bad enough dude for an 8 hour movie trip.

#8 Posted by YI_Orange (1128 posts) -

I'll be there again

#9 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

I won't be able to make it I got batman to go see!

#10 Posted by Moztacular (467 posts) -

A bump and also please post if you think you will be coming; many people are going to see batman so it's possible we won't have enough players to justify the $10 raffle and so on. I'll make the call at 9:00pm EST based on the number of folks in the 'giantbomb' starcraft 2 channel. If you plan on playing please make sure you are in that channel so I can make an accurate judgement call, thanks! As of right now 6:15pm EST I am still ready to stream so stay tuned.

#11 Posted by Bouz (99 posts) -

I'll be coming.

#12 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

Computer problems mean I can't play tonight, but I am still looking forward to being able to watch a bit. Hopefully it can work out! :)

#13 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

How long till it starts? It's 1.40am not sure how much longer I can stay up, but I'd like to play.

#14 Posted by Moztacular (467 posts) -

stream live in about 15 minutes, may start it earlier with music. We have a decent number of players in the channel already so i think we'll go ahead and play some matches. Tune in on the OP, the stream will go live as soon as i turn it on should be no need to refresh. If you want a chance for 10 steam bucks come play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.