Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Ladder season 2 coming soon?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
    deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope so! I have thought it has been coming for a while.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By sodapop7

Does this mean I'm soon going to have to redo the placement matches I just did yesterday?

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thule
    @sodapop7 said:
    " Does this mean I'm soon going to have to redo the placement matches I just did yesterday? "
    Your current ladder record is erased(not exactly, but you'll start out with 0 points) but they'll keep your hidden MMR and you'll only have to play a single placement match before you're placed into your new division.
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By wunder_

GET HYPE

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raiz265

Since they won't wipe your MMR I am failing to see what the whole purpose of seasons and resetting the ladder are...

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By frankxiv

i already can't keep points to save my life, so wiping that will lose me a whole uh, 10. 

shiny new icons, bring it on

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By imsh_pl
    @raiz265: They are meant to get rid of the players who are not active. You know these annoying 20 people from the bottom of your league with 0 points who got there with pure luck? Or your friend who bought an account just to play with you but doesn't anymore? 

I'm happy that the higher leagues will get rid of the non-active players; that way people who have been stuck on the 1st place in their lower leagues will get a chance to improve. I personally hate it when 20% of spots in a league are taken by players with 0 points while people in the leagues below struggle to get promoted.

This reset won't actually hurt the active players, since you'll just get a chance to be in a league actually fitting your skill; even if you don't do really well in the 1 placement match, as your MMR will stay the same, you'll be matched against players on your level. But hey, if you just bought an account 4 months ago and don't play the game anymore you'll be dropped to, let's say, bronze to leave a spot for more active players.
    Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Truant19

cant wait, im stuck in plat, which is above my current skill level, i wanna get down to bronze or silver.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By raiz265
    @imsh_pl: Hm ok, makes sense.. But won't really help me since I'm top5 in my Diamond division and Grandmasters is only made up of "active players" as far as i know(?). :P
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By imsh_pl
    @raiz265: Yeah, it propably won't help top players in diamond and above, since I'd imagine people have to be more active to stay there, but for me - a gold player with 260 games played, which I'd say is a fair number - it would be a huge opportunity if the last 20 spots from the platinum leagues got demoted to bronze (I mean the guys who don't play and are stuck in plat with 20 games each).
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Rayeth
    @imsh_pl:  
    According to my understanding of the ladder the placement of anyone else does not have any effect on your personal placement.  So regardless of how many people who never play games are in the platinum or diamond leagues or whatever, if you have the skill to be there you should be there. 

That said, it would be nice to thin out some of the groups and get the groups of 100 consolidated so that active players have other active players in their group of 100.  It would create more rivalry and foster competition hopefully.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gargantuan

Good, I managed to get to gold 1v1 and then stopped playing and now it's very hard to start again.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Ben_H
    @Truant19 said:

" cant wait, im stuck in plat, which is above my current skill level, i wanna get down to bronze or silver. "

When you find out about the date, throw a whole ton of games and that should fix your problem. 

They did a test reset on the PTR and it upgraded me to Gold on it.  Which is hilarious because all I did on PTR was nuke rush with terran and won few games.
    pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By pigmartyr

@imsh_pl said:
    " @raiz265: I personally hate it when 20% of spots in a league are taken by players with 0 points while people in the leagues below struggle to get promoted.  " 

THIS!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.