Leaked Patch Notes

#1 Edited by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -

Taken from Team Liquid.
Leaked patch notes for the 1.1 patch:

Maps
- Destructible Rocks have been added to the natural expansions of Desert Oasis, and the center has been narrowed.
- Various ladder maps have been added.

General
- Ground Units of type Psionic now have vision in the air plane.

Protoss
- Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.
- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.
- Warp Prisms now unload their cargo instantly while in Phasing Mode.
- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Dark Shrine build time decreased from 100 to 80.
- Dark Shrine cost decreased from 100 minerals 250 gas to 100 minerals 200 gas.
- Carrier cost increased from 350 minerals 250 gas to 400 minerals 250 gas.
- Carriers now spawn with four Interceptors prebuilt.

Terran
- Reaper build time increased from 40 to 45 seconds.
- Bunker build time increased from 30 to 35 seconds.
- Siege Mode damage decreased from 50 to 35, +15 armored.
- Siege Mode damage upgrades per level changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored.
- Battlecruiser damage vs. ground decreased from 10 to 8.
- Calldown MULE cooldown increased from 0 to 40 seconds.
- Planetary Fortress build time decreased from 50 to 40 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons research time decreased from 110 to 80 seconds.
- 250 mm Cannons cost decreased from 150 minerals 150 gas to 100 minerals 100 gas.
- 250 mm Cannons may now be used on friendly and neutral structures and units.

Zerg
- Ultralisk damage decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored.
- Ultralisk Ram attack removed.
- Nydus Worms can now be cancelled and refunded while building.
- Overlord base speed increased to from 0.469 to 0.938.
- Overlord upgraded speed increase from 1.875 to 2.344.
- Overlords can now use Excrete Creep while moving.
- Overlord base speed now decreases from 0.938 to 0.469 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Overlord upgraded speed now decreased from 2.344 to 1.875 while Excrete Creep is active.
- Spawn Larvae energy cost reduced to 20 from 25.

Bugfixes
- Fixed a bug that caused cloaked units to cast shadows.
- Fixed a bug where Larva would sometimes accidently die by walking off cliffs.
- Fixed a bug where a Nuclear Strike target could be hid behind a Lair.
- Fixed a bug that allowed SCVs to construct halted buildings from within Bunkers.
- Fixed a netcode bug that enabled players to warp in Immortals from Warp Gates.
- Fixed a bug that caused Random players to not see their cursor during the loading screen.
- Fixed a bug where Changelings morphed slower while coming into range of enemy units than when dropped from an Overseer over enemy units.

General
- Improved the functionality of voice chat.
- Manually queued waypoints can now be set to all 5 basic commands.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.

#2 Posted by InfamousBIG (3298 posts) -

#3 Posted by Turambar (7258 posts) -

" Ground Units of type Psionic now have vision in the air plane." 

OH SHIT

#4 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

Not impressed.  :|

#5 Posted by Wunder_ (1202 posts) -

Probably fake, but brings a lot of interesting ideas to the table, specifically MULE cooldown and the lack of Protoss Macro other than Chrono Boost. Ovie speed seems ridiculous too.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (9186 posts) -

Now everyone is going to go DTs and my patented DT rush will no longer be as shocking :'(

#7 Edited by JusticeReturns (62 posts) -

- Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.
- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.
- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.

Edit:
The reason i hate the chrono boost change is because saving chrono boost isnt a macro error, its a strategic decision to save it and use it at certain times. The reason i hate the mule change is because if they save up their energy, why shouldnt they be allowed to call down mass mules? if they save it, they are forgoing all the scans and mules they could be using in that time.

#8 Posted by keyhunter (3209 posts) -

But I love calling down like 5 mules after my base is destroyed and I liftoff to an island. Faster overlords seems pretty cool. And they somehow made ultralisks even more useless than they already were.

#9 Posted by wchigo (603 posts) -
@JusticeReturns said:
"  - Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.   ______________________________________________- Calldown MULE cooldown increased from 0 to 40 seconds. I really hope this isnt real. I dont even main protoss, but that is such a drastic change it completes screws protoss.  Same for the mule one. Might as well make a 40 second cooldown between when you can use larva. God blizzard, tvz is a bit imba so you completely fuck protoss.  "
The Zealot build and warp-in changes were already confirmed by Blizzard in their 1.1 SitRep posting. The Chronoboost thing was not confirmed, and I see it as a bit of an odd change if it indeed turns out to be true.

I find 2 Gate openings versus Zerg to be insanely strong, so I can understand why they would want to nerf it. But it seems like it would throw PvT slightly out of whack as I do need them to tank Marauder shots early on.
#10 Posted by Skytylz (4070 posts) -

Fuck, I hope this isn't true,  I main protoss and they seem to be hitting them hard with the chronoboost thing.

#11 Posted by endless_void (731 posts) -

link or it's fake.

#12 Posted by Feanor (1440 posts) -
@wchigo: Yeah, now you can just 6 pool and win against Protoss. 

Its weird seeing Protoss getting so many nerfs, they seemed like the only balanced race. Not nerfing the bio ball is a little messed up.
#13 Edited by Wunder_ (1202 posts) -
@JusticeReturns said:

" .- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds. 
I really hope this isnt real. I dont even main protoss, but that is such a drastic change it completes screws protoss.  Same for the mule one. Might as well make a 40 second cooldown between when you can use larva. God blizzard, tvz is a bit imba so you completely fuck protoss.  "

You mean, you can repeatedly stack larvae spawns? Oh wait. The MULE Cooldown, if true, is going to be amazing just for the fact that Terran now can't do random comebacks after a decimated economy just by throwing down 8 mules and gaining a ton of minerals back. This forces Terran's macro mechanics to be more in line with Zerg as they each have 3 abilities. What worries me now is that Protoss is also getting the cooldown for their own macro ability, but they only have one ability and if they miss a chrono or have nothing to boost, they will reach 200/200 with no possible way of bringing it back down.
#14 Posted by StarvingGamer (9186 posts) -
@JusticeReturns said:
"Might as well make a 40 second cooldown between when you can use larva."
Yeah it basically already is a 40 second cooldown between when you can use larva since they take 40 seconds to pop and don't stack...
#15 Posted by StaticFalconar (4920 posts) -
@JusticeReturns said:
"  - Zealot build time increased from 33 to 38 seconds.- Zealot warp-in cooldown increased from 23 to 28 seconds.- Chronoboost cooldown increased from 0 to 20 seconds.   ______________________________________________- Calldown MULE cooldown increased from 0 to 40 seconds. I really hope this isnt real. I dont even main protoss, but that is such a drastic change it completes screws protoss.  Same for the mule one. Might as well make a 40 second cooldown between when you can use larva. God blizzard, tvz is a bit imba so you completely fuck protoss.  "
Seeing as how I can't inject two rounds of larva if I have the energy, there basically is a 40 second cool down between using larva already. But overall I'm against having any cool down for mules, but would support having higher energy cost instead. 
#16 Posted by Nephrahim (1174 posts) -

People have complained since the Beta that Toss are able to save up their energy and just use it all instantly, same with MULEs, as opposed to Zerg who need to inject Larva every 40 seconds more or less on the dot. 

I main toss, and none of the nerfs bug me.  6 pool will be scary for like, maybe a week before people remember how to stop it.  Zerglings are trash.

#17 Posted by Nephrahim (1174 posts) -

Oh, and that's all obviously IF this is true.  We'll see.

#18 Posted by HydraHam (1380 posts) -

Looks like the zerg cry babies get their wish, terran and toss are getting nerfed some.

#19 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -

Wow, cooldowns on both MULEs and Chronoboost is a HUGE change. Now you have to discipline yourself to be using your energy effectively. Also, if a lot of SCVs die or you were saving up for scans you eventually didnt need, you cant just spam out MULEs anymore. Another great and truly dramatic change is to the overlords. Scouting with them will be much easier and creap spreading is going to become SUPER SUPER fast. I actually think those overlord changes might make the Zerg way way more powerful considering how much better Zerg is on creep.

#20 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (492 posts) -

god. they nerf the terran heavy units down enough....

#21 Posted by jakob187 (22362 posts) -

Had a friend that works at Blizz's customer service look at the notes...and they said that it's correct. 

Personally, very interesting changes.

#22 Posted by kelbear (536 posts) -

I recall from their press release that the changes to Protoss are intended to reduce their ability to suddenly bounce back from out of nowhere with rapid warp-in defenses.

Considering how easy it is to rack up gateways and dump a boatload of units out of nowhere, it makes sense I guess. 

I don't like the boost to DT. It "helps" protoss by making cloaked attacks an earlier potential weapon. But this just means that cloak detectors will come up more often and it will make observer life spans even shorter, whether or not you intend to ever use DTs.

#23 Posted by Nephrahim (1174 posts) -
@kelbear said:
" I recall from their press release that the changes to Protoss are intended to reduce their ability to suddenly bounce back from out of nowhere with rapid warp-in defenses.  Considering how easy it is to rack up gateways and dump a boatload of units out of nowhere, it makes sense I guess.   I don't like the boost to DT. It "helps" protoss by making cloaked attacks an earlier potential weapon. But this just means that cloak detectors will come up more often and it will make observer life spans even shorter, whether or not you intend to ever use DTs. "
I get your point, but I still think having more options is a good thing. 

Think of Terrans and their BS ability to wall up, and threaten with MM push OR Cloak Banshees.  I doubt DTs will ever be THAT good, but I could see them being a good threat.
#24 Posted by BunkerBuster (1054 posts) -

"It's getting too hot!" 
Sounds like its time to go back to Zerg.

#25 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1547 posts) -

Mobile creep creation has me all excited

#26 Edited by Thule (721 posts) -

The change of introducing a cooldown to the MULE and Chrono boost are huge and will force Terrans and Protoss to play on the same mechanical level as Zerg.
The mobile creep generation is also huge, it'll allow zerg to be alot more offensive and will make Hydra's with a ball of overlords overhead an offensive possibility.

Also Psionic can look on cliffs, awesome. Makes annoying cliff drops much easier to deal with.

As a Zerg player, I approve.

#27 Posted by Tennmuerti (8515 posts) -

Yay lets watch everyone switch from Teran to Zerg until the next patch!

#28 Edited by gunslingerNZ (1977 posts) -

Those Overlord changes seem fake if you ask me. I don't really see them allowing you to move while spewing creep. 

@BunkerBuster said:

" "It's getting too hot!"  Sounds like its time to go back to Zerg. "
Totally, I've been practicing Zerg in anticipation of these buffs/nerfs but I wasn't expecting Blizzard to be making even more dramatic changes.
#29 Posted by Addfwyn (1982 posts) -

Chronoboost/MULE cooldown is a MUCH needed change, because it gives parity with Zerg.  Zerg were previously punished very harshly for not properly using Queens every single time spawn larva was up.  Whereas a Terran player or Protoss player that stockpiled energy could just use a bunch of it at once. 

I really hope that goes live, as it will give a much needed parity in macro mechanics between the three races.  Now Terran and Protoss players will actually have to have macro skills as good as a zerg player had to have.   

Overlord changes, while welcome, are a bit odd.  Ultralisk nerf is sllly, but whatever.  Siege tank and reaper nerf were very good calls, and should hopefully help a little bit in the very imbalanced TvZ right now. 

Overall, pretty good changes I have to say.  I don't think overlords needed the move boost, but I'll take it.

#30 Edited by loldetaerleo (161 posts) -

I feel the boost/mule change hurt the game rather than help it. 

Theres a reason you sometimes want to save up energy for chronos/scans, and now you can't as Protoss and you are punished for it as Terran.

Removing complexity =/= good.

#31 Posted by mikeprime (25 posts) -
@loldetaerleo said:
" I feel the boost/mule change hurt the game rather than help it.   Theres a reason you sometimes want to save up energy for chronos/scans, and now you can't as Protoss and you are punished for it as Terran.  Removing complexity =/= good. "
Yeah, I think it would've been better to allow zerg to stockpile energy like terran and protoss.  Zerg could cast spawn larva multiple times on the same hatch and spawn larva would produce an additional larva for each cast.
#32 Posted by Nephrahim (1174 posts) -
@mikeprime said:
" @loldetaerleo said:
" I feel the boost/mule change hurt the game rather than help it.   Theres a reason you sometimes want to save up energy for chronos/scans, and now you can't as Protoss and you are punished for it as Terran.  Removing complexity =/= good. "
Yeah, I think it would've been better to allow zerg to stockpile energy like terran and protoss.  Zerg could cast spawn larva multiple times on the same hatch and spawn larva would produce an additional larva for each cast. "
It's an interesting idea, and one I thought of, but it seems like it has a lot of potential for abuse.  Either you havve each larva spawn three extra, which would be a bit crazy, or reduce it, which means things like Chrono Boost and MULE are STILL better because they can be cast at max energy with no harm.
#33 Posted by ryanwho (12012 posts) -

Its seems like all the patches do lately is slow the game down. Longer build times, more defense, less attack. 

#34 Posted by Bwast (1376 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Its seems like all the patches do lately is slow the game down. Longer build times, more defense, less attack.  "
5 seconds longer for a zealot. Games are going to be marathons now.
#35 Posted by ComradeKritstov (697 posts) -

The zerg in me really hopes these are real, but the pessimist in me says they aren't.

#36 Edited by Addfwyn (1982 posts) -
@loldetaerleo: Much like Zerg were punished for stockpiling energy?  It's just providing parity between the races, something that was much needed.  As it was, zerg player's had to be much superior in macro to terran or protoss players to even stay competitive.  Whereas if they let you inject several times on the same hatch, queens would become overpowered.  This was the right way to do it. 

@mikeprime: Then every zerg player would make like 3-4 queens per hatchery and actually be overpowered (for a change).  As nice as it'd be to have my race have a time in the sun, i'd rather everyone be balanced than my race overpowered.  
#37 Posted by mikeprime (25 posts) -
@Bwast said:
" @ryanwho said:
" Its seems like all the patches do lately is slow the game down. Longer build times, more defense, less attack.  "
5 seconds longer for a zealot. Games are going to be marathons now. "

Say you 4 gate and make 40 zealots.  That's an additional 50 seconds added to your game.  Unless your games are 25 minutes long adding a minute will not turn them suddenly into marathons.
#38 Posted by Bwast (1376 posts) -
@mikeprime said:
" @Bwast said:
" @ryanwho said:
5 seconds longer for a zealot. Games are going to be marathons now. "
 Say you 4 gate and make 40 zealots.  That's an additional 50 seconds added to your game.  Unless your games are 25 minutes long adding a minute will not turn them suddenly into marathons. "
That's the joke.
#39 Posted by sixghost (1716 posts) -

Don't source TeamLiquid for this when the general consensus in that thread was that it was 100% fake. That thread was closed for a reason.

#40 Posted by mikeprime (25 posts) -
@Addfwyn said: 
@mikeprime: Then every zerg player would make like 3-4 queens per hatchery and actually be overpowered (for a change).  As nice as it'd be to have my race have a time in the sun, i'd rather everyone be balanced than my race overpowered.   "
Of course, they could easily adjust the cost of queens or energy cost of spawn larva to counteract this but I get your point that the mechanics I mentioned would not be balanced without some tweaks. 

My point is that I'd rather see blizz buff zerg up to the level of the other races then nerf the other races down to zerg.   As others have said, slowing down the game is not really what I want.
#41 Posted by wchigo (603 posts) -
@Addfwyn said:
" @loldetaerleo: Much like Zerg were punished for stockpiling energy?  It's just providing parity between the races, something that was much needed.  As it was, zerg player's had to be much superior in macro to terran or protoss players to even stay competitive.  Whereas if they let you inject several times on the same hatch, queens would become overpowered.  This was the right way to do it.
However, your Queen has 3 different spells with which you could use up excess energy. Yes, missing a larvae spit hurts more than most non-Zerg players realise, but you can still throw down a couple Creep Tumors or be able to do a transfuse on a unit/building to keep it alive for a bit longer. Hell, even Terrans can choose to scan or do a supply drop if they accumulate too much energy and can no longer just spam MULEs down to get a huge boost in minerals.

What can Protoss do once a Nexus reaches max energy? They have no other options with which to use up/dump excess energy except to try and now remember to use their CB every 20 seconds to use it all up when they couldn't even do it early. I understand why Blizzard thought a change needed to be made to CB, and the cooldown on it is less than the cooldown on MULEs, but then give us some other way to dump built up energy like the other races then.

And as someone else in the thread said, this is all assuming that this is true and not made up.
#42 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4998 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:

.General- Ground Units of type Psionic now have vision in the air plane. "

I'm sorry, what? 

This is the only thing that makes this scream "FAKE!"
#43 Edited by raiz265 (2247 posts) -

i call bullshit, wait for blizzards patchnotes...

#44 Posted by ivaj (21 posts) -

I don't know what to believe :\

#45 Posted by Bucketdeth (8235 posts) -

As a Zerg player, I am happy.

#46 Posted by Feanor (1440 posts) -

its pretty weird that blizzard does not have patch notes up. They just have a description of what is going to happen. WoW patch notes are up weeks, if not months before the patch goes live.

#47 Posted by tankintheair315 (388 posts) -

I'm fine with the chronoboost drop if we get something else to spend our energy on. Currently the terrans have scans and zerg can spread creep. But what do us toss do

#48 Posted by Feanor (1440 posts) -
@tankintheair315: I doubt they will give protoss anything. They might just make it cost more so your energy doesn't stack up. Chronoboost does need a bit of a nerf, but this might be to much. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.