Marine/Medic Question

#1 Edited by Cusseta (104 posts) -

I've searched this particular question for a while now, but have yet to find exactly what I'm looking for:

What is the best way to get your Medics to adequately follow and heal your Marines? More specifically, whenever my Marines begin to form a line when attacking a specific target, the Medics always end up hanging out on one side of that line and don't heal the other side. I can simply micro manage them and send them over to the other side, but I was hoping there was an easier way to get the Medics/Marine spread on the battlefield to stay "more even". I hope this makes sense : /

#2 Posted by slyspider (1363 posts) -

hit M then click on a marine, that will get medics to follow that marine until they get a different order. As far as the "spread" on you marines and medics, if, after you order your medics to follow or marines, just command the marines to move and attack, the medics will just follow behind them. If you get flanked, you gotta move either ur marines to the fight or you medics away. This method is really not as good at just using control groups. Put 1 as marines and 2 as medics. That way you can move them around easier and you will get better apm and micro just by using it

hope that helps!

#3 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

just a-click, thats what most terrans do on the ladder...

#4 Posted by Nephrahim (1156 posts) -

I could be wrong but it seems like he's talking about actual medics, not Medivacs.

Just my 0.02

#5 Posted by Cusseta (104 posts) -

I figured it out for the most part. There's a lot to learn! Having a blast learning it though : )

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Micro like a boss and MAKE MORE MARINES!

#7 Posted by Ben_H (3427 posts) -

Is this for the campaign? I'm around 2/3 done on Brutal making only marine/medic. It's a lot of fun and good micro practice.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (7023 posts) -

@baldgye said:

Not bitter at all.

#9 Posted by Cusseta (104 posts) -

Yeah. It's for the campaign. I really want to get into the mp but I'm not looking forward to getting my ass handed to me : /

#10 Posted by Nephrahim (1156 posts) -

@Cusseta said:

Yeah. It's for the campaign. I really want to get into the mp but I'm not looking forward to getting my ass handed to me : /

Watch some Day9 newbie tuesdays. There's a few parcuarly good ones. Practice your Macro a bit, and you'll do fine.

#11 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@baldgye said:

Not bitter at all.

not at all LOL becasue most terrans can't actaully micro or control there units at all, and just stim-a-click its by FAR my best match up... the number of T's I play who go blind mass viking vs my 1 or two collosus and then use there ghosts to try and do cute nuke shit, while missing all my HT's with there EMP's

#12 Posted by DG991 (1340 posts) -

@baldgye: This in high plat and lower. I can agree with 100%.

I don't think I have been properly emp'd once.

But once you move up on the ladder and the micro gets better I don't know how I (or anyone else) deals with terran... emp is so powerful when used correctly.

#13 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

@DG991 said:

@baldgye: This in high plat and lower. I can agree with 100%.

I don't think I have been properly emp'd once.

But once you move up on the ladder and the micro gets better I don't know how I (or anyone else) deals with terran... emp is so powerful when used correctly.

pretty much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.