Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

MLG Finals!

• 73 results
    benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By benderunit22

Leenock! Fighting!

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#52  Edited By GS_Dan

What a great night of games.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By owack6

Damnit its 4 am here someone win already!

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Skytylz

Leenock knows he's not good enough to play Naniwa straight up, oh and the nonstop hotmail commercials are getting annoying as fuck.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55  Edited By GS_Dan

Holy crap.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Man, that was crazy. Sucks Naniwa didn't take it but good for Leenock.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By benderunit22

If you go nexus first AFTER scouting the zerg going gas pool, you deserve to be punished.

Congratulations to Leenock, what a tournament from him.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

@Skytylz said:

Leenock knows he's not good enough to play Naniwa straight up, oh and the nonstop hotmail commercials are getting annoying as fuck.

I guess for someone who doesn't play the game it isn't clear, that a player that pulls out a crapton of different builds over the cause of 14 matches actually has something going for him when he plays against someone using one and the same build every game. Fantastic mind games and decision making by Leenock. Sure Naniwa has his build and if he can execute it, he's just about unbeatable. But a good opponent doesn't let you do that ;)

But you don't play the game apparently so it's fine that you don't know...

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MezZa

Well damn, nice job by Leenock.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By csl316
    @supermike6 said:

Just did the math, Leenock has played a total of 36 matches this weekend, and gone 32-4.

Holy Christ, this guy is good.

Really?  Their main page says 18-4.  You know, only 18-4. 

In any case, hell yes, Leenock.  Hell yes.
    gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By gazel_ministry

Leenock came into the open bracket, took out Boxer, MMA, Idra, HuK, MVP, DRG and now Naniwa. What an amazing run. Congratulations to Leenock. He deserves it.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By benderunit22

If I calculated this correctly, Leenock played 34-6 in games (ignoring the 2 auto-wins DRG got in the losers bracket finals for coming out of winners bracket) with an overall match ratio of 15 wins and 1 loss (to DRG in the winner bracket.) Great run given the players he demolished along the way.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Turambar
    @Skytylz said:

If Naniwa is going to forge fast expand each time, why wouldn't Leenock take advantage of the inherent weakness in such a build each time as well?

Anyways, the kid is a god damn beast for winning the whole thing through the open brackets.
    DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By DG991

I take back my former post.

Like a few people said in this thread, he punished Naniwa for FFE.

You could hear Tastosis complimenting Naniwa on how he could always FFE and he never could be stopped and so on. But it simply wasn't true.

Naniwa is very good, but he can't do the same Build order every game.

I am now a fan of both Naniwa and Leenock. I expect great things from both of them in the future, congratz to both!

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Panpipe

Can't help but feel that final was a bit of a let down.

I would've been happy for either of them to win, but the way Naniwa just kept opening himself up to those attacks, it was just a struggle to watch.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Skytylz

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@Skytylz said:

I guess for someone who doesn't play the game it isn't clear, that a player that pulls out a crapton of different builds over the cause of 14 matches actually has something going for him when he plays against someone using one and the same build every game. Fantastic mind games and decision making by Leenock. Sure Naniwa has his build and if he can execute it, he's just about unbeatable. But a good opponent doesn't let you do that ;)

Naniwa was fucking retarded doing the same build over and over again in the finals and never adjusting no matter what Leenock did, he should have lost the finals. I still say Naniwa is a better player than Leenock.

-Zerg OP-

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By csl316
    @Skytylz: I'd probably agree that Naniwa's a better player overall, in the grand scheme of things.  But man, Leenock just had everyone's number this weekend.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By DystopiaX

@Turambar said:

@Skytylz said:

If Naniwa is going to forge fast expand each time, why wouldn't Leenock take advantage of the inherent weakness in such a build each time as well? Anyways, the kid is a god damn beast for winning the whole thing through the open brackets.

Exactly. Naniwa FFE'd each time and showed that if the Z tries to play a straight up game he'll win. The weakness to Forge FFE is early pressure, so what does Leenock do? Early pressure each game. It's the smart choice in his situation and if he played like all the haters wanted he'd probably have lost.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DystopiaX

@Skytylz said:

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@Skytylz said:

Naniwa was fucking retarded doing the same build over and over again in the finals and never adjusting no matter what Leenock did, he should have lost the finals. I still say Naniwa is a better player than Leenock.

-Zerg OP-

Part of being the "better player" is outthinking your opponent, Nani instead chose to ram his head against a brick wall and do the same thing 5 times in a row. If he did a different standard opener like 3gate expand he would have been able to show that he was the "better player" but Leenock got in his head and outthought him, proving that he deserves it. Leenock proved he was adaptable, whereas Naniwa proved he was not.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Skytylz

@DystopiaX said:

@Skytylz said:

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@Skytylz said:

-Zerg OP-

Part of being the "better player" is outthinking your opponent, Nani instead chose to ram his head against a brick wall and do the same thing 5 times in a row. If he did a different standard opener like 3gate expand he would have been able to show that he was the "better player" but Leenock got in his head and outthought him, proving that he deserves it. Leenock proved he was adaptable, whereas Naniwa proved he was not.

Ok

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Turambar
    @Skytylz said:

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@Skytylz said:

-Zerg OP-

I think I sort of get why Naniwa stuck with that build.  It seems to be one where he felt he had refined the timings so crisply that it could in fact hold off early pressure.  Most of the games had the cannons going up with seconds to spare, all timed intentionally, against early pressure from other zerg opponents.  But especially the last two games against Leenock, I think Naniwa was just completely caught off guard by how good his zergling management was that prevented him from scouting properly or even taking the towers.
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By amir90

I watch the MLG finals till almost 3.30 in the morning, starcraft 2 is not good to watch when you are going to study the day after O_o

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DG991

@Turambar: Yes, but after the second time he should of just 1 or 3 gate expanded.

Then we would have seen good games between Naniwa and Leenock. But Leenock is so smart that I don't know if naniwa could have beaten him.

But at least he would of had a chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.