Most of the community is frustrating and bad

#1 Edited by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

haha some terrible baddie protoss I team with in 2v2 randoms calls me dogshit after we lose the game, even though I clearly outplayed him and he had shit for army all game. I hate the bad mannered, baddie fucking randoms that play SC2. The game's so damn frustrating because of all the terrible little fucks that play it. I'm ready to just stop online gaming in general, people just piss me off when they are all high and anonymous on their rolling chairs sipping mountain dew and masturbating with one hand. But especially Starcraft II, a game that's supposed to be based off strategy and sportsmanship, defiled by all the little fucking terrible jackoffs back from eating their mommy's meatloaf at the dinner tables with their baby siblings. I don't even bother gg'ing anymore, I just assume the people I'm playing are call of duty kids and go right to the score screen. Blizzard needs to design a challenging non-cheating AI in their next Starcraft installment so I don't have to go online and deal with the vast anonymous hordes of shitty players.

#2 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

you seem like the type of guy who would complain about someone calling you dogshit, when right before he did that, you called him a faggot, while also doing significantly worse than him. 

I don't know though, I'm just judging from your behavior and typing.

#3 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Aside from the occasional game almost everyone I play against is pretty friendly and fun to play against. Stick with 1v1s, less annoying people.

#4 Edited by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:

" you seem like the type of guy who would complain about someone calling you dogshit, when right before he did that, you called him a faggot, while also doing significantly worse than him.  I don't know though, I'm just judging from your behavior and typing. "

Nah. He calls me dogshit after I don't spam vikings to protect his collosi, even though I have no gas and he's got a stack of stalkers.

My behavior and typing are due to the fact that I'm about to punch a whole in my wall because I'm so god damned pissed, and this seems to happen every single time I play with members of the wonderful battle.net community.
#5 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Can I see a replay?

#6 Posted by MichaelBach (883 posts) -
This is why I don't play RTS online, only with friends.
#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I never play with random partners. Finding a friend to 2v2 with makes it a much more enjoyable experience IMO. 

Also, some of the top SC2 players are pretty unsportsmanlike at times (see: IdrA).

#8 Posted by Mediant (8 posts) -
@jmrwacko: The SC2 community is about on par with any other. There are users in it that demonstrate good behavior and there are trolls. It sounds like you've had a string of bad experiences and it got to you. Worst comes to worst, search forum communities for people to play custom games with. 
If you want professional attitudes though, enter tournament play.
#9 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Also, the AI doesn't cheat in this game. At all. It literally doesn't know what you're doing until it scouts you, and it doesn't get additional resources. In addition the way the computers 'apm' functions is very human like. 

Insane *might* cheat, I can't remember if they included one AI that cheats or not, but anything else won't.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24733 posts) -

Ah, the joys of online multiplayer.  The competition.  The sense of community.  The douches.

#11 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

who the fuck plays 2v2 with a random? fucking retards thats who

#12 Posted by wchigo (549 posts) -
@Pinworm45: 
IIRC, insane gets more resources than normal (something like 6-7 minerals and like 5 gas?), not sure about the map hack.

@jmrwacko:
I apologise ahead of time as I'm not usually this guy but... cool story bro. It's part of the reason I avoid team games as much as possible, and even then I only do 2v2s and with someone I know who can play the game. I've done some 3s and 4s but... pretty much never again. I dislike losing due to circumstances beyond my control, and while I can deal with that in part in 2s, not so much more than that. Perhaps consider not playing team games. And for the love of Aiur, definitely not random team games. For our sake as well as your own.
#13 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@wchigo said:
" @Pinworm45: 
IIRC, insane gets more resources than normal (something like 6-7 minerals and like 5 gas?), not sure about the map hack. 
Yeah I looked it up, Insane cheats, but none of the other ones do. 
#14 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -
@jmrwacko said:

" My behavior and typing are due to the fact that I'm about to punch a whole in my wall because I'm so god damned pissed, and this seems to happen every single time I play with members of the wonderful battle.net community. "

It's a video game.
#15 Posted by Togechu64 (46 posts) -

@Pinworm45 said:
" you seem like the type of guy who would complain about someone calling you dogshit, when right before he did that, you called him a faggot, while also doing significantly worse than him.  I don't know though, I'm just judging from your behavior and typing. "  

And you seem like the kind of person that would put together an emblem in paint that signified a donation to a website we love, just so you can fool people into thinking you donated. 

I don't know though, I'm just judging you by your behavior and your avatar.
#16 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@Togechu64 said:
"
@Pinworm45 said:
 And you seem like the kind of person that would put together an emblem in paint that signified a donation to a website we love, just so you can fool people into thinking you donated.  I don't know though, I'm just judging you by your behavior and your avatar. "
Well, it was done as a joke. I mean, the fact that it's cut off and I left it that way makes it pretty obvious, but I guess I see your point. Anyway, when the OP posts stuff like this: 

@jmrwacko said:
My behavior and typing are due to the fact that I'm about to punch a whole in my wall because I'm so god damned pissed, and this seems to happen every single time I play with members of the wonderful battle.net community. "
I think you can see mine.
#17 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Here's what you do: Tell them to cry more. Then laugh.
Meet bad manners with bad manners.

#18 Posted by jimmy5150 (122 posts) -
@Tactical_Kill said:
" Aside from the occasional game almost everyone I play against is pretty friendly and fun to play against. Stick with 1v1s, less annoying people. "
I agree.  Besides early game chatter (mostly standard "glhf" fare) most of the 1v1s I play go by without anyone saying anything. 
#19 Edited by Togechu64 (46 posts) -
@Pinworm45:  

Since it is cut-off  I can see where the humorous angle were to come in, and I acknowledge your point about the OP.  

Apologies for coming on a little rough, not a big fan of the guys that put the emblems in their avatars to fool other people, but for the lulz I can understand.
#20 Posted by bellmont42 (321 posts) -

Dog shit, masturbation and meatloaf all in 1 paragraph.. wow...

#21 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:
" Also, the AI doesn't cheat in this game. At all. It literally doesn't know what you're doing until it scouts you, and it doesn't get additional resources. In addition the way the computers 'apm' functions is very human like.  Insane *might* cheat, I can't remember if they included one AI that cheats or not, but anything else won't. "
afaik everything above "Hard" gets additional resources... anyway, playing AI sucks
#22 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

I've only played 1v1s but so far my experience has not been that bad at all. The worst I've gotten was yesterday when some guy said "your (sic) so terrible you still haven't beat me". I just replied with "You think I haven't won?" because at that point I had such a huge advantage it was impossible for him to come back (took out all but a few of his drones and his spawning pool) so for kicks I just sat back, spammed drones and teched to mutas. 

Note: When I say this is the worst I've gotten, I don't mean this was insulting to me. I mean this is probably the only time someone has talked negatively to me in 1v1. Usually people just leave without saying a word.

#23 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -
@jmrwacko:  

I think that if you were a serius player that cares about the game and its comunity you would be already in a clan, meeting nice dudes who know the game to either play with them or learn from them, I already did that...   it does the game miles better..     So what about trying to actually be part of the comunity instead of trolling?
#24 Posted by Yummylee (21629 posts) -

It's a dog eat dog shit world in the land of PC online gaming.

#25 Posted by huntad (1939 posts) -
@jmrwacko:  Take a break. After a while, you'll find the breaks invigorating and refreshing. I always have some sort of epiphany and come back with a vengeance (so to speak). Anyways, what I mean to say is that breaks will do wonders for your attitude and habits. Punching holes in walls = fail.
#26 Posted by Wunder_ (1169 posts) -

And this is why playing Starcraft used to be a very personal experience where you'd either play with friends in a close circle on your chat channel or a small community clan, also in a chat channel. Starcraft II seems much more desolate and isolated and I feel like there's noone to play with but my good friend, the ladder. It's frustrating at times, but there's only one way to get over it, and that's by getting better.

#27 Posted by Rayeth (1041 posts) -

2v2s and higher are really never going to be as balanced as the 1v1 game is.   As much as it might be fun, these games will always be dominated by T1 units and cheese, just because it is so easy to overwhelm one player quickly with rushes.   And while it can be possible to hold off in a 1v1, in a 2v2 or higher quickly ends up in a 2v1 or 3v1, etc and your base and production can be wiped out before your allies can reinforce and save you.

Solve your problem by play 1v1s or 2v2ing with friends. 

#28 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I like the community. 

What does that make me?

#29 Posted by JumpingRetards (51 posts) -
@bellmont42 said:
" Dog shit, masturbation and meatloaf all in 1 paragraph.. wow... "
Some people just have a gift. 
#30 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" I like the community.  What does that make me? "

A glutton for punishment!
#31 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

I don't play random teams or co-op, as I don't feel like playing with shitty players  who do incredible things like the 2 pylon openings, or 4 gate w/o cybercore. Or the fast evo chamber? Oh dear! 

The people I 1v1 are generally nice though. 

#32 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

It's why I play with people I know, or to be more honest, it's why I always play 1v1s.

#33 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

But I love rolling in chairs drinking mountain dew and masturbating.

#34 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

BM Bugs me too, I was playing a 4v4 where only 1 guy on the other team was left and there was still 3 of us. He went off into an island in the corner and build like 4000 photon canons. Asshole. We eventually took him out, but it too 2 hours, for one win. People just need to learn to accept loss.

#35 Posted by Aut0n (40 posts) -
@jmrwacko said:
" I'm ready to just stop online gaming in general"  

Yeah, man. Fuck gaming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.