Nani and ThorZaIN are going to Korea

#1 Edited by DerBrick (226 posts) -

According to this post from Mr. Chae from GOM a new team has formed in Korea. Team F. United.

I just saw the MLG post. Nani and Thorzain are two of the three that received the Code A invite. The MLG post says that they will be playing in GSL Code A and GSTL August. No word on who the third slot is going to. Who ever it is will join Nani and Thorzain on F. United.

WeMadeFox + dignitas.Naniwa + mouz.ThorZaIN

And the "pennant race" matches are all bo7 and the playoffs are bo9.

Guess Nani and ThorZaIN found a team. GSL July is gonna be good!!! Oh, I mean "it good"

*edit - added info from MLG article and updated info on pennant race and playoffs*

#2 Posted by Donos (1193 posts) -

Huh, wasn't expecting that. I don't think they'll stay very long, but it should be interesting to watch.

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3312 posts) -

Have they announced the third person that gets a Code A spot?  Most seem to think it will be Fenix or Sheth (who handily is already in Korea with the rest of FXO).  Either way, the Team League with 12 teams is going to be badass.  It's cool that they combined the two WMF players with the  foreign seeds. 

If this is anything like the Proleagues they have for Brood War, this will be as fun, if not more fun to watch than the individual leagues.  Seriously, if you haven't watched the Shinhan Bank Proleague that is on right now you should.  it is insane (barring the hour long TvTs).

#4 Posted by DerBrick (226 posts) -

The MLG article said that the third spot would be announced soon. I have a feeling it could be Slush since he didn't go with Root when they were bought out by Complexity.

It could be interesting if they stay for a couple GSL seasons if they get knocked out of Code A. Nani put a post on TL that he isn't going to do the second season of the NASL due to the fact they have to play on the NA server.

#5 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

@DerBrick said:

The MLG article said that the third spot would be announced soon. I have a feeling it could be Slush since he didn't go with Root when they were bought out by Complexity.

It could be interesting if they stay for a couple GSL seasons if they get knocked out of Code A. Nani put a post on TL that he isn't going to do the second season of the NASL due to the fact they have to play on the NA server.

I think Nani at least would stay longer. I think that they'd be better off waiting for Anaheim though, since if they take that or are the first runners up who either aren't code S or don't want to go to Korea, they'd get a Code S slot which is much more advantageous than a Code A one.

#6 Posted by DerBrick (226 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

@DerBrick said:

I think Nani at least would stay longer. I think that they'd be better off waiting for Anaheim though, since if they take that or are the first runners up who either aren't code S or don't want to go to Korea, they'd get a Code S slot which is much more advantageous than a Code A one.

MLG article said they would be waiting till August to start Code A and it said the same for the team league. Mr. Chae's article did say that they would be playing in GSTL July.

Man, team league is a week away!

#7 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

Oh wow, really hoping thorzain does well there!

#8 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

Awesome, go Sweden!

#9 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Damn, that is cool.

So, I think Norway and Denmark needs to step up!

#10 Posted by csl316 (8124 posts) -

Sweet news.

They should do alright, right? At the very least, I doubt they'll get knocked out of Code A.

#11 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@csl316: To be honest I would be shocked if both of them don't at least make the up and down matches.
#12 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

naniwa, thorzain, lyn, moon 

that's basically the warcraft3 version of Slayers :P

#13 Posted by Frostler (244 posts) -

I'm excited for this GSTL, questioning the price tag though. I bet those two will do well in code A, hopefully well enough to hit the up/downs and go to code S if they are willing to stay that long.

#14 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

The price tag is unfortunately too high for me to warrant a purchase. I'll wait until they realise that its too expensive and lower the price.

#15 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

Nani shall dominate

#16 Posted by Seiken_Enhasa (101 posts) -

It's been confirmed that Sheth is getting the 3rd code A spot. MYM.SaSe also gets a Code A spot since he won the Rakaka Road to Korea tournament a few weeks ago, defeating Naniwa in the finals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.