NASL Final Weekend Starting Today!

• 132 results
#1 Edited by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

Are you ready?! 

16 Players from all over the world are playing for a $100,000 Pricepool in the North American StarLeague finals!

Watch it live at www.nasl.tv 

Players:
  Jonathan 'DarK.FoRcE' Belke
  Dennis 'HasuObs' Schneider
  Lee-Seok 'aLive' Han
  Yo-Hwan 'BoxeR' Lim
  Sung-Jun 'July' Park
  Min Chul 'MC' Jang
  Jae Ho 'Moon' Jang
  Ho-Joon 'PuMa' Lee
  KyeongHyun 'SeleCT' Ryoo
  Hyun-Woo 'Squirtle' Park
  Jung Min 'Zenio' Choi
  Joseph 'Ret' de Kroon
  Carl Stefan 'MorroW' Andersson
  Chia Yang 'SEn' Cheng
  Oleksii 'White-Ra' Krupnyk
  Shawn 'Sheth' Simon 

#2 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

anyone else watching live???

#3 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

they seem to have some technical difficulties 

so it gets a bit delayed i guess 

ESPORTS!

#4 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

its also quiet as fuck

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Is it still up? I must be blind...

#6 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -

hahaha only 1 American.

#7 Posted by TravisT (160 posts) -
#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
#9 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Why must Boxer play MC in the 1st round :(

#10 Posted by TravisT (160 posts) -
@babblinmule said:
Why must Boxer play MC in the 1st round :(
To create an epic match. 
#11 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

What the fuck is this music?

#12 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@Bwast said:
What the fuck is this music?
Starcraft Broodwar
#13 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -
@raiz265: Before that it was fucking opera or some shit.
#14 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@Bwast said:
@raiz265: Before that it was fucking opera or some shit.
i believe that also was from the scbw OST 

at least somebody on teamliquid said so 

oh jesus fucking christ, the sound is so damn horrible :|
#15 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@raiz265: Yeah, it keeps fluctuating too.

#16 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

i think i just watched 2 hours of nothing just to turn the stream off very soon, this is really disappointing :( 

let's hope nasl 2 is to nasl 1 what mlg columbus was to mlg dallas

#17 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
i think i just watched 2 hours of nothing just to turn the stream off very soon, this is really disappointing :(   let's hope nasl 2 is to nasl 1 what mlg columbus was to mlg dallas
whats wrong with u? seems fine to me I'm streaming it @ 720p and it looks great... shame I'm just going to watch Ret get raped by Puma.. but stil
#18 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

The observing leaves something to be desired.

#19 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

biggest upset of the night.... herp

#20 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

the whole organization seems kinda off... 

the stream overlay at the top is killing the sc2 interface, the observer seems to "follow" one of the casters cameras ingame so we never get to see unit upgrades, healthbars of selected units and stuff, the sound is weird, the camera is shaking, interview was awkward, tournament format is horrible 

idk... i want to like but i can't :(

#21 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@raiz265: I think the observer is doing ok, but the other stuff.... yeh I kinda agree.

Bit disappointing at the moment.
#22 Posted by Geown87 (15 posts) -

i can't believe they are doing best of 3 after that long of a season. at least do best of 7.

#23 Posted by Turambar (6790 posts) -

Finally home.  So did I miss a match?

#24 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
the whole organization seems kinda off...   the stream overlay at the top is killing the sc2 interface, the observer seems to "follow" one of the casters cameras ingame so we never get to see unit upgrades, healthbars of selected units and stuff, the sound is weird, the camera is shaking, interview was awkward, tournament format is horrible  idk... i want to like but i can't :(
yeah they have made some odd choices with that but from what I can tell either Incontrol obs or gretop does it... and being a good obs is very hard and something they are still learning @ the GSL... even though alot of the time they get TheWind to obs..

...but lol at the interview...
#25 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@baldgye said:
@raiz265 said:
the whole organization seems kinda off...   the stream overlay at the top is killing the sc2 interface, the observer seems to "follow" one of the casters cameras ingame so we never get to see unit upgrades, healthbars of selected units and stuff, the sound is weird, the camera is shaking, interview was awkward, tournament format is horrible  idk... i want to like but i can't :(
yeah they have made some odd choices with that but from what I can tell either Incontrol obs or gretop does it... and being a good obs is very hard and something they are still learning @ the GSL... even though alot of the time they get TheWind to obs..  ...but lol at the interview...
i'm not complaining about the obsing itself, yeah, it's done by one of the two casters. 

it seems though they use a third PC somewhere else and then follow the view of one of them through the casting interface, and that's rather bad because this doesn't show you what unit/building the caster is selecting, so you don't see upgrades and healthbars :<
#26 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@Geown87 said:

i can't believe they are doing best of 3 after that long of a season. at least do best of 7.

bo7 would be a bit overkill, i think double elimination would be the way to go... anyway, it's really sad to see the overall highest seed of the whole season being knocked out after 20minutes by a guy who qualified through the open tournament >_<
#27 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

sheth is gona die

#28 Posted by Geown87 (15 posts) -

@raiz265 said:

@Geown87 said:

bo7 would be a bit overkill, i think double elimination would be the way to go... anyway, it's really sad to see the overall highest seed of the whole season being knocked out after 20minutes by a guy who qualified through the open tournament >_<

yea, exactly lol. just kinda makes that long-ass season seem kind of pointless. and yea double elimination would be a big improvement.

lets go sheth, usa's only hope.

#29 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

fuck me the obs using the minimap to pan around is an actual dickhead

#30 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

he dead

#31 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

Great guy that Sheth.

#32 Edited by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@TheGunrun Justin Ignacio

Just walked into the nasl production area and became observer, Get Some!  

WHY ARE YOU SO BIG TEXT?! 

sometimes i hate this forum, lol
#33 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

I hate that u can't fucking tab-post >:(

#34 Posted by Ben_H (3366 posts) -

Wow the production of this is abysmal.  They FINALLY balanced the sound so you can here stuff in the left channel.  Did they prepare at all before this.  They said they did but I somehow doubt this.

#35 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

Wow the production of this is abysmal. They FINALLY balanced the sound so you can here stuff in the left channel. Did they prepare at all before this. They said they did but I somehow doubt this.

Well Day9 is here so this should get better.

#36 Posted by Ben_H (3366 posts) -
@RYNO9881 said:

@Ben_H said:

Wow the production of this is abysmal. They FINALLY balanced the sound so you can here stuff in the left channel. Did they prepare at all before this. They said they did but I somehow doubt this.

Well Day9 is here so this should get better.

I hope so.  So far the LR thread on Team Liquid has been more entertaining than the stream.  At least they have an actual observer now and not that automated crap.
#37 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@Ben_H said:
Wow the production of this is abysmal.  They FINALLY balanced the sound so you can here stuff in the left channel.  Did they prepare at all before this.  They said they did but I somehow doubt this.
they got those awesome half hour intro videos showing every single move the player has made the past 10 weeks :P
#38 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

is day9 obs?

#39 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I'm honestly enjoying reading the mass hate in the teamliquid thread more than the actual stream itself. And by my math, this is the 3rd match in 4 hours?

#40 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

hasuorbs fighting!  

lol

#41 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

I think for them to call it the NASL is a little silly, this clearly lacks the quality of even MLG/TSL let alone the GSL which its trying to replicate...

#42 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

i so want hasu to win <3

gogogogogogogo!

#43 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

Moon is better and JESUS CHRIST SO MANY FUCKING BANLINGS!?

#44 Posted by Turambar (6790 posts) -

That was a lot of banelings.

#45 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

2-0 Ima call it Moon is very good

#46 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

this is sad to watch, fuck that :( :( :(

#47 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

sweet now i gotta wait another fucking hour for the next game!

#48 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

oh damnit hasu you can do better than that :(

#49 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

apparentally not, Moon is a beast tbf

#50 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

he definately can 

that was quite the weak showing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.