Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Need some 3 v 3 help please!

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mattjam3000

Hi guys, ive been doing 3 v 3 with some friends, I go Terran and my friends always zerg. I normaly do a MMM and transition into thors.  However we never seem to be able to deal with opponents who have 2 Toss as we cant seem to get units out in enough quantity to compete with the zealot rush. Anyone got any tips for a TZZ 3 v 3 team?

Thanks all

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

Have your friends 7 or 8 pool then fast tech to Ling speed, hopefully a dual rush will take out one opponent.

Send the first SCV you build out somewhere just outside the opponent's base.  Once it gets to a good hidden position somewhere behind their minerals,most likely after you hit 11 supply, start building a Barracks with that SCV.  Spend your next 75 minerals on a refinery and throw 2 more SCVs on it right when it finishes.  Build a Supply Depot after that.

As soon as your Barracks finishes building throw a Tech Lab on it.  Start pumping Reapers and abuse their ability to hop up and down ledges to kill the opponent's workers.  Try to pick the opponent that has been losing units trying to support the player your teammates rushed.  Upgrade their speed and throw down additional barracks and another refinery when possible.  Don't forgot to keep building SCVs and Supply Depots during all of this.

At this point one of your opponents should be dead and another severely crippled.  Continued Reaper and Speedling harassment will be able to take out most players but once it's 3v1 you should have no problems taking to to the proverbial hoop.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Rayeth

3v3 is very tough to give advice for since there is so much early pressure to worry about and the general strategies for 1v1 don't really apply because you can fill holes in your army's defenses with units from your ally.

I think 99999/1000000 games someone will be rushing you early so always be prepared by building lots of units yourself.  Note that more units is generally preferable to base defenses like spine crawlers and cannons since you can then use those to counter attack.

I can't possibly emphasize how important it is to scout in these games.  You simply MUST send a worker over to the opponent's bases, or if you get blocked out use a scan on them.  If you can't see what they are building, you have no hope of countering it.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mattjam3000

Thanks for the help guys will use boths advice!

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Semition

Oh, and another thing to keep in mind. If the other team decides to rush, and manages to kill off one of your teammates, that's actually not necessarily bad. If the remaining two of you expand while they're wasting their time killing off the 3rd dude, then you give army control to the third guy while the 2 of you focus on macro, you actually end up much more ahead of the enemy team and can end up out producing their gimped economy.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By galiant
    @Semition said:
    " Oh, and another thing to keep in mind. If the other team decides to rush, and manages to kill off one of your teammates, that's actually not necessarily bad. If the remaining two of you expand while they're wasting their time killing off the 3rd dude, then you give army control to the third guy while the 2 of you focus on macro, you actually end up much more ahead of the enemy team and can end up out producing their gimped economy. "
    I've won several 3v3 games where the first guy is obliterated. I'm only in 3v3 Gold though! People give up too easily =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.