New things Blizzard should add

#1 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

i heard a rumor that they are adding a new race. I really want them to have it where you can resurrect your heroes like in Warcraft 3, because in Starcraft and BW I always was afraid to use my heroes, because if they died I lost. It would be so cool if on Online play you could build a hero like Jim Raynor. The Terran Hero revival post could be like a cloning facility. The Zerg Revival building would be a regrowth chamber. The protoss would actually bring them back from their dead spirits. Any other suggestions??

#2 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

id like to see absolutely no similarity in gameplay between it and WC3 beside the fact its an RTS

#3 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I know, but wouldn't you ad least want heroes to be revived?? That would make online so much more fun.

#4 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
giyanks22 said:
"I know, but wouldn't you ad least want heroes to be revived?? That would make online so much more fun.
"

only in online. I wouldnt like it in SP.
#5 Posted by EtherealSlayer (82 posts) -

Heroes are one of the mechanics that seperate the smaller, more tactical feel of WarCraft III from the larger, more macro feel of StarCraft.  Heroes wouldn't fit into the normal StarCraft model of game play.  StarCraft is about huge battles, not the smaller scale battles of War III.  A hero would get lost in the shuffle.  I am sure there will be use map settings maps that will have custom heroes and buildings to revive them at like in War III, but including them in standard multiplayer would depart from the feel they are going for.

#6 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

From what i heard they are going to keep the formula the same for Starcraft 2. It would be nice to have heroes and stuff for the online but i am pretty sure blizzard does not want to piss off a whole country by mix up the gameplay too much.

#7 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I don't know. I really loved the hero part of Warcraft 3, so maybe they weaken heroes for Starcraft, but who knows. Maybe they'll make a Warcraft 4... They announced Diablo 3 at Blizzard's press confrence. Who knows....

#8 Posted by hustheman (30 posts) -

I hated heros from Warcraft. First at the beginning where teammates would drop out because someone would harrass your economy with your heros. And also for the average palyer like me to make full use of a hero unit takes too much micro. Plus you would always try to protect them cuz they were a pain in the ass to revive and then you end up not using them as much

#9 Posted by xenobli (17 posts) -

Heroes in RTS's? No thanks. That's for RPG's.

And a new race? I thought they specifically said they weren't adding any new races?
Well, they said at least they weren't adding in Xel'naga.

#10 Posted by solidphoenix (286 posts) -
giyanks22 said:
"I don't know. I really loved the hero part of Warcraft 3, so maybe they weaken heroes for Starcraft, but who knows. Maybe they'll make a Warcraft 4... They announced Diablo 3 at Blizzard's press confrence. Who knows....
"
Currently Blizzard is working on 4 titles:
Starcraft II
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Diablo III
and an unanounced MMO that has been stated to have nothing to do with Warcraft.
I don't think Warcraft 4 is coming anytime soon.

Blizzard have already said that there will be no heroes in Starcraft II in the Warcraft III sense; which is levelling and item collection etc.
However the main characters will be "hero" characters per se, with the models and functions being normal units with buffed stats.
Warcraft and Starcraft are very different universes, and Blizzard have said that they don't want to mix the two.
#11 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I just hope this game is good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.