Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

o_o phoenixs

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

Man, they are awesome now.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ben_H  Online

They've always been awesome.  It's just that no one ever used them before the buff.  If you get 5 or 6 out you can basically cripple a zerg for a long time by continually sniping overlords. It forces them into either hydras or corrupters which can both be dealt with easily and you can transition into robo tech and slaughter them, while having the ability to crank phoenixes if the zerg tries to surprise you with mutalisks.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Ben_H: 

I was doing a PvT earlier, and I crippled his economy and forced like 4 stims with 5 phoenix.  It was awesome.

Missile turrets fuck them up though.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ben_H  Online
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " @Ben_H:   I was doing a PvT earlier, and I crippled his economy and forced like 4 stims with 5 phoenix.  It was awesome.  Missile turrets fuck them up though. "
    Missile turrets do mess them up but each missile turret made is two less marines, which makes attacking him that much easier later on.  Not to mention it may scare them from leaving their base in fear of getting a bunch of SCVs sniped.  Phoenixes are definitely becoming more useful in PvT.  They've always been a key part of my PvZ, which is my best matchup.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Winternet

They are indeed awesome. And in long matches they get even more awesome.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By imsh_pl

Glad they decreased the build time so people play around with them more often.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gamefreak9

i don't know about pvt but they own zergs... like too much... 

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ben_H  Online
    @gamefreak9 said:

" i don't know about pvt but they own zergs... like too much...  "

I agree to a point.  I saw CatZ playing Piqliq, and that guy abused phoenixes HARD (He is known for being really abusive with his play.  All risky but it works a lot).  He went double stargate into mass phoenixes with colossi and zealots and there was absolutely nothing CatZ could do.  He built corrupters to try and fight them off but then piqliq built massive amounts of cannons everywhere and made blink stalkers while still churning out phoenixes.  CatZ basically was supply blocked for half of the game and even with spore crawlers he was helpless from losing all his workers.  He built mass hydras but they all were gravitroned and killed.  It was kinda scary to see how much damage you can do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.