Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Playing Starcraft improves your work skill

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spectreman

I work with webdesign, but find myself working better after all that months playing Starcraft 2. Maybe that the game multitasking improves your skills in other disciplines.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

I'd say it does. Depending on the type of work of course. Starcraft is as much a mental exercise as it is a game.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

I'd say gaming in general helps with a lot of real-life activities. As long as you are not susceptible to procrastination, your hand-eye coordination, locational skills, and etc - really begin to improve. I feel that I learned how to read/write better solely from playing RPG's as a kid.

headache02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By headache02

Generally playing games improves some skills and some of them can affect to our lives :P

Avatar image for themasterwhooves
    TheMasterWhooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheMasterWhooves

IF there was anything Starcraft taught me was how to multitask. Pretty handy considering my line of work needs plenty of multitasking just to maintain my stats and such.

itsVASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By itsVASH

Pretty much, helps me navigate excel spreadsheets a lot faster

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ben_H

It got me used to using the keyboard more, which is weird because I've played PC games since I was 3, but not like Starcraft. I never used to use keyboard shortcuts ever or be able to touch type but now that I am used to where all the keys are I can quite easily. On Mac I navigate absolutely everything with the keyboard now.

squidraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By squidraid

World of Warcraft forced me into getting in the habit of hotkeys, StarCraft seared into my brain with a red hot anvil. I use keyboard shortcuts constantly at work now, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.