Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Puma leaves TSL and joins EG

• 50 results
    Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    This shit is bananas. Personally, I'm glad and I don't think EG did anything wrong. He will be a great addition to the team. They finally have a good T to practice with. All they had before was DeMuslim.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

I just realised I missed the entire NASL finals.

Great.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By raiz265

I hope Puma doesn't regret it lateron TSL was a pretty good team with great practice partners for him, living in that house is highly beneficial for him, I somehow doubt EG can offer him a similar experience... Will he move over to the EG house at all? Or just live alone in Korea?

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By babblinmule

I still dislike almost every player of EG (Axslav and InControl are cool though), so hopefully this acquisition will improve my attitude towards them. Also I guess this means that we'll be seeing Puma at more foreign tournaments, which is always a plus!

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @raiz265 said:
    I hope Puma doesn't regret it lateron TSL was a pretty good team with great practice partners for him, living in that house is highly beneficial for him, I somehow doubt EG can offer him a similar experience... Will he move over to the EG house at all? Or just live alone in Korea?
    Yea, I personally think it won't help Puma, but it will definitely make players like Idra better. But yea, I'm not sure where he's going to live. I'm assuming there will be an EG official statement soon.
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By wunder_

I said it on the twitter and I will say it again here, I will laff and laff if Puma moves to Arizona and his skill level deteriorates rapidly.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

So in just over a month they lost 4 players? Sucks for them.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raiz265
    @Wunder_ said:

I said it on the twitter and I will say it again here, I will laff and laff if Puma moves to Arizona and his skill level deteriorates rapidly.

Artosis will be a very sad panda :(
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By raiz265

Jesus fucking Christ. 

That thread on TL.net is exploding... All that drama around player transfers.  

Does this mean ESPORTS is serious business now?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By N7

@raiz265 said:

Jesus fucking Christ. That thread on TL.net is exploding... All that drama around player transfers. Does this mean ESPORTS is serious business now?
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By raiz265

Uhmmmm, well....

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Turambar

I went on the thread and all I see is something about AG and Milkis.  I'm not reading 280 pages of venting so does anyone want to summarize for me?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By meteora

This is a huge deal made on the forums, everyone is going insane over this. TSL is continually losing players from its already small roaster (already having lost Fruitdealer and Trickster to TSL) and now Puma to EG. It feels like kind of a dick move for Puma to leave TSL to join EG, especially on how EG talked to the player directly and not through the coach (I guess that might be how things work in North America). On one hand yeah I guess it makes some sense, none of the players are on contract. But it just feels a little dickish. 

Whatever the case, TSL is feeling the hurt since they've been grooming Puma as their star for several months now. Hopefully Clideeeeeeeeeee pulls it through for the team. EG picked a huge player that will surely benefit the practice of at least Idra, though Puma's skills will deteriorate. Its got its up and downs, I guess.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Turambar
    @eunao2 said:
    @Turambar: They were having a debate in djwheats show about the player transfer.
    How did journalistic integrity suddenly get added to the mix then?
    sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sodapop7

So I've been following most of this as I was pretty bored today:

A forum post on TL basically contained a translated article with the coach of TSL accusing EG of shady dealings with regard to PuMa switching teams. The article was pretty biased in that it really painted TSL as a major victim. It turns out that PuMa was not under contract and hadn't even officially signed with EG yet. I think EG had a problem with the way this information was leaked and brought up the point that there are no consequences for someone posting an incomplete/inaccurate article that causes such an uproar. That's basically what lead to that I think but someone can correct me if I got it wrong.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By raiz265

They shouldn't be surprised though, as far as I can tell EG never released any kind of official statement regarding the whole story.... So where should their side come from?

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By endless_void

Can't wait for next SOTG, and MLG is so soon as well. So much intensity in the world of esports I see. xD

@eunao2 said:

@Turambar: They were having a debate in djwheats show about the player transfer.

Mind to link? Would like to watch this.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingzetta

Ohh if only they could combine the insanity of pro starcraft playing with pro wrestling.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pibo47

Why does everyone think Puma is gonna start sucking because of this? He will improve quite a bit imo. While i do think Idra will gain quite a bit from this, imagine how much Puma will improve from playing a top level zerg. I dont see why everyone is getting all sentimental over their team falling apart. This shit happens in sports.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By csl316

@raiz265 said:

Does this mean ESPORTS is serious business now?

Only on TL.

So is Puma moving to America? Because if he's still practicing in Korea, this seems more about EG brand growth than actual player development.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

and i got permabanned on TL for contributing. oh well, i hate that place. literally the worst community ever

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Turambar
    @sodapop7 said:

So I've been following most of this as I was pretty bored today:

A forum post on TL basically contained a translated article with the coach of TSL accusing EG of shady dealings with regard to PuMa switching teams. The article was pretty biased in that it really painted TSL as a major victim. It turns out that PuMa was not under contract and hadn't even officially signed with EG yet. I think EG had a problem with the way this information was leaked and brought up the point that there are no consequences for someone posting an incomplete/inaccurate article that causes such an uproar. That's basically what lead to that I think but someone can correct me if I got it wrong.

In that case, trying to bright journalistic integrity into an argument when someone simply posted a translated article written by someone else seems rather hilarious.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By meteora
    @Pibo47 said:

Why does everyone think Puma is gonna start sucking because of this? He will improve quite a bit imo. While i do think Idra will gain quite a bit from this, imagine how much Puma will improve from playing a top level zerg. I dont see why everyone is getting all sentimental over their team falling apart. This shit happens in sports.

Practising with one good player isn't as good as practicing with a bunch of different players in the same team. 

Don't even get me started on how the roaster of practice partners extends outside of teams in Korea. Our semi-finalists Byun got practice from MarineKing, sC, Ryung, MMA and Taeja, some of which named are some of the best Terrans out there at the moment. You can't exactly practice with them over seas, nor does the ladder do you any good in North America. 

Besides the kid beat MC while Idra failed to do so on multiple of occasions.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By csl316

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

and i got permabanned on TL for contributing. oh well, i hate that place. literally the worst community ever

I realized this during the backstage interviews of the NASL. It was the first and last time I've ever visited those forums.

Honestly, since this place is so much smaller, popping in here during a live event is seems considerably more fun.

Zolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Zolfe

yeah, TL exploded lol
    can't wait to see how this stuff pans out

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aus_azn
    @csl316 said:

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

I realized this during the backstage interviews of the NASL. It was the first and last time I've ever visited those forums.

Honestly, since this place is so much smaller, popping in here during a live event is seems considerably more fun.

TL is okay to read. It's not okay to contribute.

I used their wiki for campaign achievements and their info is definitely solid. Posting on competitive boards, however, is just inviting a flaming. I got torched once, when I was a SC2 noob. Not fun times.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By csl316

@Aus_azn said:

@csl316 said:

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

TL is okay to read. It's not okay to contribute. I used their wiki for campaign achievements and their info is definitely solid. Posting on competitive boards, however, is just inviting a flaming. I got torched once, when I was a SC2 noob. Not fun times.

I definitely use the Liquipedia a lot, for specifics on units and players while watching games. But I dunno... I personally just can't get myself to contribute to forums on a site that's about one specific game/musician/tv show, etc. Plus, I'm a gold player, and it seems like your ladder position will instantly keep you shunned on TL. Never mind that I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft II.

But to be honest, that sort of elitist attitude partly comes from the professionals, imo. How often have you seen a pro player make a mistake and get made fun of for months (TheBestfou's banshees comes to mind). Or when Artosis calls someone that isn't Code S material horrible (even though they might still be pretty damn good to be playing pro). They aren't always serious, like when Day9 poked fun at Idra for leaving games early at MLG, but the community seems to think that making fun is the thing to do. Or maybe I'm just mixing that up with the whole god damn internet, lol.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DystopiaX

@Pibo47 said:

Why does everyone think Puma is gonna start sucking because of this? He will improve quite a bit imo. While i do think Idra will gain quite a bit from this, imagine how much Puma will improve from playing a top level zerg. I dont see why everyone is getting all sentimental over their team falling apart. This shit happens in sports.

Idra is no longer a top level zerg really...has fallen off the wagon abit and admits to only practicing 3 hours a day and that the practice quality is shit compared to Korea....Honestly TSL gave him far better practice, even if EG will give him more money and tourney opportunities. Also consider the fact that Puma practices with more than just TSL members...the Koreans practice with people outside their teams too, so it's not like he was depending on Killer as his sole source of TvZ. Since I doubt he'll be moving from korea his skill won't deteriorate that much, just that he won't have the house setting that is actualy extremely benificial.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NickL

@Pibo47 said:

Why does everyone think Puma is gonna start sucking because of this? He will improve quite a bit imo. While i do think Idra will gain quite a bit from this, imagine how much Puma will improve from playing a top level zerg. I dont see why everyone is getting all sentimental over their team falling apart. This shit happens in sports.

Well there's a couple ways you can look at it really, we won't know until a year from now though.

He could stay the same, depending on his personal motivation to keep up his practice and go find practice partners, or he could get worse for not doing those 2 things.

Being in the TSL house gave him a constant source of motivation to help his teammates improve and he basically was forced to practice in the house, he won't have that crutch anymore.

However, if he does leave korea (I doubt he will) then I would almost guarantee he would get worse.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By meteora
    @csl316 said:

@Aus_azn said:

@csl316 said:

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

TL is okay to read. It's not okay to contribute. I used their wiki for campaign achievements and their info is definitely solid. Posting on competitive boards, however, is just inviting a flaming. I got torched once, when I was a SC2 noob. Not fun times.

I definitely use the Liquipedia a lot, for specifics on units and players while watching games. But I dunno... I personally just can't get myself to contribute to forums on a site that's about one specific game/musician/tv show, etc. Plus, I'm a gold player, and it seems like your ladder position will instantly keep you shunned on TL. Never mind that I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft II.

But to be honest, that sort of elitist attitude partly comes from the professionals, imo. How often have you seen a pro player make a mistake and get made fun of for months (TheBestfou's banshees comes to mind). Or when Artosis calls someone that isn't Code S material horrible (even though they might still be pretty damn good to be playing pro). They aren't always serious, like when Day9 poked fun at Idra for leaving games early at MLG, but the community seems to think that making fun is the thing to do. Or maybe I'm just mixing that up with the whole god damn internet, lol.

The forums is a pretty harsh place to be. I just read the comments there. Don't really bother contributing to the forums though, you normally get into a lot of shit with other people/elitists. 

Its nowhere nearly as chill as here. Everything there is kinda more serious.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By raiz265

It's harsh, but it's not "Imma go fuck your mother you faggot"-harsh.  
    The rules are strict, but as long as you manage to follow them it's a pretty fun time imho... 

Early on I got some warnings and two temp bans, but by now I'm one year in and I really like the place. :o

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @DystopiaX said:

@Pibo47 said:

Idra is no longer a top level zerg really...has fallen off the wagon abit and admits to only practicing 3 hours a day and that the practice quality is shit compared to Korea....Honestly TSL gave him far better practice, even if EG will give him more money and tourney opportunities. Also consider the fact that Puma practices with more than just TSL members...the Koreans practice with people outside their teams too, so it's not like he was depending on Killer as his sole source of TvZ. Since I doubt he'll be moving from korea his skill won't deteriorate that much, just that he won't have the house setting that is actualy extremely benificial.

I don't think that's true at all. Idra is practicing less because he thinks that's what is helping him get better. Practicing all the time is what you need to get your mechanics better. Idra's mechanics are among the best in the world. What he needs is to just think about the game more and develop new strategies. That's exactly what he's been doing. He said that when he plays less, it lets him evaluate the game much better and think of new things. Idra is definitely still one of the top Z players in the world. 

On the other hand, I don't think Puma will benefit from this as far as skill is concerned. He will probably make more money, but he really does not have much talent to practice with besides Idra.
    Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thule

TL can be harsh and elitist, but I prefer the strict rules there over the trolls/flames and shitposting that happens on this forum sometimes(It's not just GB, because other forums suffer from this as well. Overall GB forums are a great place though.)

Also, I'm not that familiar with all the details about the PuMa transfer to EG. But I do know that TSL didn't have him under contract. Like a wise woman once said: "If you liked it, you should've put a ring on it".

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DerBrick

@endless_void said:

Can't wait for next SOTG, and MLG is so soon as well. So much intensity in the world of esports I see. xD

@eunao2 said:
    Mind to link? Would like to watch this.

Here is the link to the Weapon of Choice blip.tv site. http://blip.tv/weaponofchoice. Its episode 32.

It's worth watching but Milkis kinda gets ran over by a truck with a big EG logo on it, tries to fight back, but the truck backs up and hits him again.

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Entus
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    O.o 

What did you post...? Even TL doesn't perma-ban unless someone is a repeat offender or someone's first post is really really bad.
    baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By baldgye

I don't really have an opinion on the subject though I have been reading TL and shit is crazy!! haha

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By csl316

@DystopiaX said:

@Pibo47 said:

Well, he does have a hot girlfriend and apparently makes a ton of cash already. So I can see if his focus isn't that intense anymore, but I wouldn't say he's off the wagon.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @Entus said:

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

O.o  What did you post...? Even TL doesn't perma-ban unless someone is a repeat offender or someone's first post is really really bad.
    for saying that a  lot of people there are drama queens and like to white knight 

i didn't pick any one person out specifically...just on that topic specifically
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By raiz265
    DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DystopiaX

@csl316:

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

@DystopiaX said:

@Pibo47 said:

I don't think that's true at all. Idra is practicing less because he thinks that's what is helping him get better. Practicing all the time is what you need to get your mechanics better. Idra's mechanics are among the best in the world. What he needs is to just think about the game more and develop new strategies. That's exactly what he's been doing. He said that when he plays less, it lets him evaluate the game much better and think of new things. Idra is definitely still one of the top Z players in the world. On the other hand, I don't think Puma will benefit from this as far as skill is concerned. He will probably make more money, but he really does not have much talent to practice with besides Idra.

I agree you probably don't have to practice as hard as the Koreans...but 3 hours is low even for foreign players. Idra even admits it's not for thinking about the game or anything like that, he just doesn't practice as much. I don't think he's terrible, really, just that Idra is no longer at the level where Puma would actually gain alot from TvZing with him as Pibo suggested; Killer and his practice partners not on the team would be far better (and probably will continue to be better) than Idra for practice.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By baldgye

so much drama!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By csl316
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By raiz265
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By csl316

@raiz265: that's actually pretty cool.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By baldgye
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By raiz265
    @baldgye said:
    @raiz265 said:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=246733  that's how you do it, look how happy everyone is, rofl :D
    how's that any diffrent to oGsTL?
    don't really know, but they don't really represent one another when they are in the "teritorry" of the other team, oGs always wears their oGs shirt with TL patch and TL always wear their TL shirts with an oGs patch. I don't think they really partnered THAT much... idk tho, doesn't really matter that much anyway I guess. 

WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT! 

It is EG's turn now! 
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=247655 

wall of text
    baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By baldgye

EG's alex comes across as a total cunt, did anyone else listen to him on Weapon of Choice??

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.