Rumble in the Bronze: Throwdown in Tinsel Town

#1 Edited by capfalcon (3 posts) -

The event takes place December 10 2011 23:00 GMT. The stream will have an hour long pre-show starting at 2100 GMT. An encore presentation will probably occur as long as the fans are still wanting more.

Commentary will once again provided by Geoff "iNcontrol" Robinson and the PA forums very own Shawn "Seguer" Murphy. All proceeds from the event will go to Child's Play charity. More details about match types, players, streams, and other surprises to come.

Did you miss out on last year's event? No problem, here are some links to the VODs: Part One,Part Two. Even better, you can check out our old promotional videos to give you a good idea of what to expect:

Do not try this at home

The MACRO

The SCOUTING

The COUNTERS

The CHEESE

The HARASS

The STRATEGY

The DETECTION

The RUSH

The MICRO

The RESOURCES

So please join us in making fun of players who are going to risk shame and ridicule for donations. If you enjoy what you see, please donate. It's for a great cause after all. I mean, who wouldn't want sick children to enjoy video games? If you can't afford to pitch in, please pass along the event via word of mouth, other forums, facebook, twitter, or whatever way you can.

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter:

Facebook page!

Twitter feed!

Remember, it's all for the children!

#2 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

you managed to post all that, and not even explain what it is.

#3 Posted by capfalcon (3 posts) -

@baldgye said:

Impressive, huh?

The simple version is, it's a series of entertaining show matches, mostly between Bronze Leaguers, to raise money for Child's Play. The matches will be have commentary by iNcontroL and Seuger. If it sounds like that isn't TOO interesting, just take a look at the VODs for some of the games. It went over very well last year (we got around 5.5 k viewers by the time the post game shenanigans started), and we're working on making it even bigger this year.

#4 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@capfalcon said:

@baldgye said:

Impressive, huh?

The simple version is, it's a series of entertaining show matches, mostly between Bronze Leaguers, to raise money for Child's Play. The matches will be have commentary by iNcontroL and Seuger. If it sounds like that isn't TOO interesting, just take a look at the VODs for some of the games. It went over very well last year (we got around 5.5 k viewers by the time the post game shenanigans started), and we're working on making it even bigger this year.

sounds good, and Bonze level games are the only level of games bar GM that are worth watching IMO so I'll be watching if I'm near my PC when it happens... will the commentators be mocking the play or not??

#5 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

yeh i watched a couple of matches from the first one, it was hilarious, incontrol is a great choice for this sort of thing

#6 Posted by capfalcon (3 posts) -

@baldgye said:

sounds good, and Bonze level games are the only level of games bar GM that are worth watching IMO so I'll be watching if I'm near my PC when it happens... will the commentators be mocking the play or not??

It would hardly be the Rumble in the Bronze if they didn't!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.