Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

SCII Mac Beta Coming Soon?

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Lava

I received  a SCII Beta invite yesterday evening but I am running a mac, after searching the internet a little I have seen a little rumble of other people with macs also receiving beta invites. I get the impression that this means the mac beta for SCII is coming soon. Anyone else with a mac receive an invite? 

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

I don't believe a specific date was ever set, but I recall someone from Blizzard saying that a Mac beta client would be available for download sometime in April. 

Link

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lava

Oh, cool, thanks for the link!

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lava

I'm downloading it now! Mac Beta client AVAILABLE!!! Woo!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Captain_Insano
    @Lava: hows it running? I have a Macbook Pro 13". 4gb Ram, Nividia 9400M, OSX 10.6.2 So I am wondering how it will go.

Note: I had NO idea Starcraft II was coming to Mac so even if it runs averagely (I don't need high hardcore settings) I will be happy. 

I read Brad's article but want a few opinions
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Captain_Insano said:
    " @Lava: hows it running? I have a Macbook Pro 13". 4gb Ram, Nividia 9400M, OSX 10.6.2 So I am wondering how it will go.  Note: I had NO idea Starcraft II was coming to Mac so even if it runs averagely (I don't need high hardcore settings) I will be happy.   I read Brad's article but want a few opinions "
    It runs like shit on the lowest setting via OSX, I got the same laptop as you.

HOWEVER, it runs fantasticlly on mid/low settings on bootcamp.  Just stick with bootcamp until they fix the mac version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.