Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

"shit game"

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Just beat a terran (my weakness!) and got told "shit game" rather than the usual gg. This really pissed me off, it's so unsportsmanlike. I always gg, no matter how shitty the tactics. Apart from when I got beaten by a drone rush, because the whole 3 minute match was a joke.

You been pissed off by someone's dickery?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

A drone rush? ahaha...3 mins?  

mmmmmmm... 

I got annoyed a few times, but not that much, considering it was a tactic that i used often. People get annoyed at me though, i do the worst things.
    Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Immuniity

As much as i dislike TvT games which end in turtles i always just gg..despite feeling with RED HOT RAGE after.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Shadow

I find it fascinating that there's this snooty-ass attitude in Starcraft 2 that makes people expect others to behave anything other than the way they do everywhere else on the internet.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By galiant

Don't take it personal. It's an online game, you'll see much worse. Just wait.

Learn to ignore it =)

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tebbit
    @Shadow said:
    " I find it fascinating that there's this snooty-ass attitude in Starcraft 2 that makes people expect others to behave anything other than the way they do everywhere else on the internet. "
    That's because Starcraft 2 is a gentleman's sport, played by smart, gentlemanly people. And those who can't speak enough English to properly insult someone.
    Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Torrim

I was once rushed by a planetary fortress, so I decided to ragestay and build pylons all over the map with my leftover resources only for the specific purpose of annoying my opponent.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shiftymagician
    @Shadow said:
    " I find it fascinating that there's this snooty-ass attitude in Starcraft 2 that makes people expect others to behave anything other than the way they do everywhere else on the internet. "
    Same here man.  I love Starcraft 2 (multiplayer anyway), however I always found it odd that Starcraft 2 is the one game where you are expected to talk in a certain way.  As much as I like to respect my fellow opponents in a battle of wits, I am not going to always type gg like a zealot just because it's the thing to do.  I'll either talk to them, say "good game" to genuinely show that I can type in real English and appreciate the game that is ending, or I will stay silent.  Screw the dogma!
    Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ramyun

I am pretty thoroughly awful at this game, but I still am having a bit of fun with it. Every time I lose, which is admittedly pretty often, I would just laugh it off and still say gg.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I generally always either GG or rage without saying anything. But, if someone base rushes and they fail to do so, I generally kick dirt in their face and call them "a fucking noob" and a "pathetic piece of shit". I know.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Lunar_Aura

If he said shit game, it was a shit game for him. You want to force him to think it was good? Goet over yourself, man.
    Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By GunslingerPanda
    @LunarAura said:
    " If he said shit game, it was a shit game for him. You want to force him to think it was good? Goet over yourself, man. "
    lol stfu, it was just rude.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By raiz265

and that's only the most recent... 

i have loads of those screenshots :D   
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By JokerSmilez

Man, Starcraft was practically the originator of racist name calling in online games. 

I remember seeing people call each other "jews" and "heebs" for using cheap tactics when Starcraft 1 first came out. Sore losers and racist,  homophobic epithets are nothing new and (sadly) aren't going to go away anytime soon.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sadisticham

I never GG. I don't see the need i don't really say anything win or lose i just you know, move on to the next game.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Some people are massive dicks and one of the cons of using the internet is that it's full of jerks like that guy, you just have to ignore them.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @raiz265 said:
    "
      and that's only the most recent...  i have loads of those screenshots :D    "
    If you got more, then pos them. Cause thats just fascinating.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8c6f8176a85
    deactivated-5f8c6f8176a85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just sit back and enjoy their mindless anger, a lot more fun than taking it seriously.

JumpingRetards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JumpingRetards
    @GunslingerPanda:   If you are really bothered by this to the point of posting it on a forum maybe you're the one who needs to change, not the other guy. 

It's a person on the other side of the country.  You have had to have at least a few experiences of people acting ten times worse in real life.  Do you really care that much about what they say at the end of a match?
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skytylz

I usually gg or just leave without saying anything.  I've never said anything bad about the other player.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jadeskye

Remember, Maintain the GG regardless of what is said. Sportsmanship comes first!

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sorrowsan

Youre always gonna come across people with batman.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187
    @raiz265: At least he didn't call you a dirty Jew. 

I hate cheese tactics, but at the same time, I also have no problem using cheese tactics to agitate at the beginning of a match.  The difference between my "cheese" and the other team's "cheese" is that they stick with the cheese and get pissed if it doesn't work for them.  Meanwhile, my cheese is hitting but I'm still building up my base, teching up and getting ready for a massive onslaught. 

I still laugh when people get pissed that my 2/2 Muties will rape their 0/0 Stalkers...as if they deserved to win at that point or something.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DoctorWelch

I usually get pissed off at people that play like idiots simply because they arent getting any better, they are just annoying other people that want to get better. Going for stupid cheese or doing a completely retarded strategy isnt going to make you climb the ranks because eventually you will hit a spot where it doesnt work anymore and then you wont know how to macro effectively or anything to win against good players. Then you'll just loose a shit ton and fall back down. For instance, I played a player who just fucking expanded at like 10 fucking spots and masses stalkers and DTs. I killed like 3 of his bases but he still had like 3403850923845 more. I'm not the greatest player so its hard for me to scout effectively as well as macro perfectly so there is really no way I could have seen it. Obviously there was ways I could have stopped it but thats not the point, the point is I am trying to get good at the skills needed to rank up the ladder while the other dude was just using some dumb strategy to beat me. He eventually over ran me because I couldnt kill expand and protect my bases especially when he had like every expansion. Once he finds people that can stop him from doing that he will get destroyed and not know how to actually play the game without cheese.  

That and cannon rushing is fucking stupid. I can deal with it now, but before I used to get soooooooo mad because the people that do it usually suck and can only cannon rush or proxy gate to win. All that being said, I usually dont trash someone and I just leave, but once or twice I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad I said something about how terrible they are.

newscctv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By newscctv

Same here man.  I love Starcraft 2 (multiplayer anyway), however I always found it odd that Starcraft 2 is the one game where you are expected to talk in a certain way.  As much as I like to respect my fellow opponents in a battle of wits, I am not going to always type gg like a zealot just because it's the thing to do.  I'll either talk to them, say "good game" to genuinely show that I can type in real English and appreciate the game that is ending, or I will stay silent.  Screw the dogma!      www.wellbridal.com    
    empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By empfeix

duder when they are mad it makes the victory all the more sweet, unless I'm just twisted?  

also nice headline to get me to view this post.  You should blog or something you would be good at it.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Galiant said:
    " Don't take it personal. It's an online game, you'll see much worse. Just wait.  Learn to ignore it =) "
    this
    noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By noremnants

I was called a hacker because I had a watch tower the entire game and he didn't even notice. I kept cutting off his attacks every time he would push out.

Avatar image for deactivated-64540c94d2d0f
    deactivated-64540c94d2d0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I got called a fagot after winning a game once.  I was rank #1 platinum and he was mid level gold.  I completely outplayed him and handily won every skirmish (and I'm not even that good...so that's saying something), but because I did so as Terran, it was totally imbalanced...and also that made me gay somehow...and made it OK to use hate speech.   I'm still working on how that's not a giant non sequitor, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with his just being a bad person.

Generally though most players have been pretty cordial.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.