Some of my Starcraft 2 sculpted fan art.

#1 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -
Corruptor      
Hydralisk  
Mutalisk 
 Zergling 
Spawn more overlords. 
 Baneling 
#2 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

Hi folks..could not get text up on the first post for some reason..I suck at forums.. 

Here is my fan art ... I'm RuN and I am a featured streamer on Team Liquid with a focus on art. I hope you guys like the models and watch the stream someday ! :) 

<3

#3 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Awesome stuff man.

#4 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

@csoup - Thank you sir ! :)

About to stream again, everyone is more than welcome to come watch !  

#5 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

metal as fuck

#6 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Damn son.

These are amazing!

#7 Edited by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@RuN:  I kind of feel like an idiot for asking, but what exactly did you sculpt these with?  Are they physical pieces, or did you render them with software, or did you just draw them?  Either way, they're really cool.  My favorite is the zergling.

Edit: Never mind, I just checked out your stream.  Cool stuff man.
#8 Edited by Bollard (5255 posts) -

Those are some dope ass pictures, good job! 

Edit: watching your stream now, fascinating. I have a respect for people who have skills at art - mainly because I am completely lacking in any artistic ability!

#9 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

They look great. Maybe startcraft 3 will have 3d models that look that detailed. 

#10 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -
@SSully said:
They look great. Maybe startcraft 3 will have 3d models that look that detailed. 
lolwat
#11 Posted by Creigz (182 posts) -
@SSully said:
Anyone who's into Starcraft II now will be dead when that happens, face it.
#12 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

I occasionally watch and background your stream awesome work duder <3

#13 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -
@RuN: Fantastic work. Do you only model Zerg?
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I've never played Starcraft and i have no idea what those are 

but they look amazing :)

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10479 posts) -

That's pretty slick! Good work man! 

#16 Posted by Spoonybard37 (300 posts) -

Dayyyuuum son!

#17 Edited by RuN (47 posts) -
#18 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

This is amazing. Props to you sir.

#19 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

So I liked the side view...another shot of him. 

#20 Posted by Potango (72 posts) -

great job man 

#21 Posted by kingofpeanuts (478 posts) -
@RuN: Holy check! You are a GB user too! I love watching your stream on TL!!!!
#22 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

Hey Peanuts !! :) I've been with these guys ever since they were in gamespot hehe ! :D thanks for watching 

#23 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -
@Creigz said:
@SSully said:
Haha oh I know, it is a fools dream on my part. I have always been a huge fan of how Blizzard portrays their characters in the CGI movies since the original starcraft. Since then I have longed for detailed 3D models in the game so I can zoom in during the battles and see them up close. One can dream!
#24 Posted by kingofpeanuts (478 posts) -
@RuN: Me too! Super Cool!
#25 Posted by Creigz (182 posts) -
@SSully said:
@Creigz said:
@SSully said:
Haha oh I know, it is a fools dream on my part. I have always been a huge fan of how Blizzard portrays their characters in the CGI movies since the original starcraft. Since then I have longed for detailed 3D models in the game so I can zoom in during the battles and see them up close. One can dream!
Dude, I would love it as well. I absolutely love Blizzard for that very reason...it's the only reason I played WoW for 3 years...expansions come out, I buy, I play for a bit then move on. Not the next time though, the game changed too much. I'll hold fast on Starcraft and Diablo, thank you :)
#26 Posted by Bollard (5255 posts) -
@RuN: Awesome you completed him! I tuned in for a while to check out you redo the teeth and worry about how you were gunna detail those tail scales (glad to see they were done nicely in the end!)

Really would have loved to stay to see it coloured and put en scene as you have done now, but it was like gone midnight in the UK at that point so I had to go. Just out of curiosity how do you do the colouring?
#27 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -

Let me guess, you play zerg? These are great, do you use something like ZBrush for this stuff? 

I think you should render these out at a high resolution for fans of Starcraft to use as wallpapers, that would be great.

#28 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -
@Chavtheworld:  

You can check the vod its divided in parts, the last part has me painting / compositing. 

@Joru:  

Im working on something to that effect :)
#29 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -

Amazing stuff!

#30 Posted by Wunder_ (1167 posts) -
@RuN: Oh jeez, I can't believe RuN decided to grace us! Seriously man, I love your work and have been following your stuff since that Team Liquid Horse sculpt :p, REally love the Baneling~
#31 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -
@Wunder_: Thank you sir ! You are one of the guys who kept me going :) and I shall never forget that. 
#32 Posted by BonOrbitz (2160 posts) -

Holy shit! Great work RuN! Man, that shit creeps me out (in a good way).

#33 Posted by raiz265 (2234 posts) -

MORE E-FAMOUS STARCRAFTING @ GIANTBOMB!

#34 Posted by buft (3301 posts) -
@RuN: WOW! shits intense son!
#35 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

Thanks guys ! :) I'm trying my very best to improve my art. You all keep me going <3

#36 Posted by Grimluck343 (1148 posts) -

Great work man, that stuff looks incredible.

#37 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -
@RuN said:
Thanks guys ! :) I'm trying my very best to improve my art. You all keep me going <3
These are great man, what do you render these in?
#38 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -
@Bucketdeth: I take various material shots + the paint inside zbrush and export them to photoshop. I then composite the layers with blending modes/effects. 
#39 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -
@RuN said:
@Bucketdeth: I take various material shots + the paint inside zbrush and export them to photoshop. I then composite the layers with blending modes/effects. 
Well you do an excellent job, and as a fan of Starcraft I will be sure to check out your stream and any future material you might have.
#40 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

Hey guys ! here is what I did tonight ! I made up this guy as if he was the first ever Dark Templar... 

The Exalted One - First of the Dark Templar 
#41 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

awesome! i saw you when Cella visited your stream! really good stuff

#42 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

Great work. You doing any requests? I'd love to see a Kerrigan

#43 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Very awesome!  Banelings looks like little cute duders in the game (especially as blue), but here he's freaking me the hell out!

#44 Posted by blaze503 (189 posts) -

these are amazing

#45 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

Hey Doods, here is another shot of my DT..

#46 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

The Hydralisk is really cool.

#47 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

In a word, awesome :).

#48 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4633 posts) -

I want to make love to these images.

#49 Posted by RuN (47 posts) -

Hi Folks..finished my DT..hope yall like him. 

#50 Edited by RuN (47 posts) -

Since IdrA was such a boss tonight I felt like sketching a likeness of him. 2 hours and a bit to do actualy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.