Starcraft 2 Standoff = Serious Business

• 187 results
#1 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

ok here is the story, about 4 hours ago (7pm est) i started my final placement match. I'm playing as protoss and my oponent "Frag" is playing as terran. we both do an early rush and eventually trade bases within 5-10 minutes, my zealot force decimates everything on the map except for 1 factory that lifted off after taking a beating. 

i have 9 zealots left and 2 gates standing, he has the floating factory...he refuses to gg and surrender, and i sure as hell am not going to, so we have been locked into a standoff for over 4 hours now. i should just surrender and take the loss and the lower placement that comes with it, but now im in it for spite.  

went and had dinner, watched some tv, read some boards, watched some starcraft vids and im prepared to let this go all night, here is a screenshot of the epic starcraft 2 standoff of 2010

#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3204 posts) -

I would stand off too if my opponent did that. Good luck.

#3 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

haha

#4 Posted by Three0neFive (2304 posts) -

... I'm guessing you don't have any drones or the resources to build a stargate?

#5 Posted by Dejkrigeren (385 posts) -

Ha ha. That's awesome, Starcraft 2 endurance match for the win. 

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

GO FOR THE LONG HAUL! Or keep typing to him and try to get him to give up. Let him know hes lost. 

#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -

Thats lame :(, but you really should have more stalkers :)

#8 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

nope all i have left are 2 gates and 9 zealots, i tried to hide a drone as it was all going down but his last marine took it out and then i finished off everything he had on the ground except for the floating fortress of douchebagery
#9 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

blizzard may have to send in hostage negotiators at this point, i'm hoping they bring sandwiches
#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
" nope all i have left are 2 gates and 9 zealots, i tried to hide a drone as it was all going down but his last marine took it out and then i finished off everything he had on the ground except for the floating fortress of douchebagery "
Just  hope your power does not go out. 
#11 Posted by EkajArmstro (397 posts) -

I always wondered if a game of StarCraft could end in a draw...

#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -
@evildeadron: Bliz should punch the other guy in the face for this.
#13 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

This is like Dragon Ball Z! 
4 hours of just staring at each other!  
Exciting! 

Just be careful, if he goes "I have the high ground!" since, you know, he's in the air. You lose! :o

#14 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Hmm, someone's internet will fail at some point.

#15 Posted by Jeust (10855 posts) -

Good luck on it!

#16 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

anyone else ever have something like this happen to them? my only comfort at this point is a) im laughing my ass off at how ridiculous this is (but im still holding my ground for spite), and b) i have kept him from playing more starcraft 2 for the past 4+ hours lol
#17 Edited by Jeust (10855 posts) -

You should blog about the entire story when it ends! It will be EPIC!  

Something between EPIC AWESOMENESS and EPIC FAILURE. ^^

#18 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

This is too funny, good luck man

#19 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -
#20 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

duuude you always have one drone hidden just incase you need to build something somewhere else. 

#21 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Whoever wins, you are both losers.

....haha jk.

#22 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

just checked in on my terran comrade, the standoff nears 5 hours, updated screenshot of his factory of never ending fuel 

#23 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Post on the blizzard forums and let others know of his assness.  

Also. I plan to get the game soon. Care to teach me the Ins and outs of the multiplayer?  

Edit 

I can not get to battlenet!  

Also. Careful. He might be waiting till you leave long enough. Lands it and makes some guys. 

#24 Posted by Juvenfly (125 posts) -

I hope you're posting this on some official forums as well to let everybody know what a douchebag this guy is.  What was his name again?  And what league is he in?  I wanna know what the odds are I'll come across him.

#25 Posted by Jeff (3660 posts) -

NEVER GIVE UP

Staff
#26 Posted by JamesBoyce (295 posts) -

Best thread I've seen on here in ages - I wish I had raw StarCraft games like that... :(

#27 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -

this is awesome

#28 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

his name is Frag, this was my last placement match so he was in placement also, i cant wait til this all ends so i can find out what league he is in and what his record is
#29 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -

this might be the best thing i've read about SC2 ever

#30 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Oh my god this is brilliant.

#31 Posted by Foil1212 (446 posts) -

Epic.  Or something...

#32 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

That Terran guy? That would totally be me.

#33 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -
@Jeff:
i will NEVER give up, i am going to listen to an endless setlist of Tiarre B until it ends
#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" NEVER GIVE UP "
Jeff has Spoken, you must win. 

Also make a real time forum post on the Bliz forums as well.
#35 Posted by ToadRunner (277 posts) -

this is retarded, just leave and keep playing.

it will be more fun to play a bunch of sc2 than to watch this screen just to get a win (which means nothing.)

#36 Posted by Mesklinite (814 posts) -

Haha, I beleive in you!
#37 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -
@ToadRunner said:
" this is retarded, just leave and keep playing.  it will be more fun to play a bunch of sc2 than to watch this screen just to get a win (which means nothing.) "
wth is wrong with you
#38 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

I wonder if eventually it just ends in a tie. also can you salvage a gate and make an anti air unit???

#39 Posted by AzureDemon (65 posts) -

"wants the replay"

#40 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
" his name is Frag, this was my last placement match so he was in placement also, i cant wait til this all ends so i can find out what league he is in and what his record is "
Jeff said not to give up. You cant give up now. Call him out on the blizzard forums! 
#41 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

there is literaly nothing i can do in game to end this myself, but jeff did give me an idea via twitter 

@ evildeadron You should turn on voice chat and start sending him some "classic" hip-hop hits.    
#42 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@evildeadron said:

"
there is literaly nothing i can do in game to end this myself, but jeff did give me an idea via twitter 

@ evildeadron You should turn on voice chat and start sending him some "classic" hip-hop hits.     "

Again call him out on the forums 
#43 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

so now it's just a race to see whose computer breaks first. Get some ice packs just incase it starts overheating!!

#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This is fantastic.

#45 Posted by Sanryd (1369 posts) -

If this goes on for much longer it's going to start popping up on news sites lol.

#46 Posted by Sincillian (530 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
"

@ evildeadron You should turn on voice chat and start sending him some "classic" hip-hop hits.     "
Perfect. Turn on the voice chat and start playing some Soulja Boy. 
#47 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Damn...

#48 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

i think im going to start broadcasting an endless loop of "Ruthless Bitch" and "Barbie Girl" over voice chat until he breaks, need to go find my headset
#49 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -
@Sincillian said:
" @evildeadron said:
"

Perfect. Turn on the voice chat and start playing some Soulja Boy.  "
we can only hope this develops into some sort of voice chat rap battle
#50 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
" i think im going to start broadcasting an endless loop of "Ruthless Bitch" and "Barbie Girl" over voice chat until he breaks, need to go find my headset "
Play spice girls for em

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.