Starcraft 2 Standoff = Serious Business

#101 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@Levio said:
" @Meteora said:
" @Levio said:
" You call him a "douchebag", when you're really just as bad as him.  You wasted as much of his time as he did to you, yet somehow you feel like the superior one. "
The problem was that had the other player not lift up his factory like a jackass, the OP would have won. Instead, the douchebag won in what should have been a victory for the OP. "
 Letting the opponent destroy your entire base has consequences.  Try not to let that happen. "
The same could be said to the other player. 
 
Zing~
#102 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -
#103 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
@Levio said:
" @Meteora said:
" @Levio said:
" You call him a "douchebag", when you're really just as bad as him.  You wasted as much of his time as he did to you, yet somehow you feel like the superior one. "
The problem was that had the other player not lift up his factory like a jackass, the OP would have won. Instead, the douchebag won in what should have been a victory for the OP. "
 Letting the opponent destroy your entire base has consequences.  Try not to let that happen. "
wait a second are you frag?
#104 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@ricetopher: That's way too good of a timing to dismiss it as a coincidence.
#105 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -
@ricetopher:
ha ha ha holy shit
#106 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -
@Meteora:
Yeah, was multi-forum browsing and saw that, figured OP should see it
#107 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
#108 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
#109 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

  

  

#110 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
@Meteora: oh shit now I have to make a gamefaqs account...
#111 Posted by rhodric (281 posts) -
#112 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

you guys are cracking me up, giantbomb has the best community, you guys rock
#113 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -
#114 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
#115 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

were going international next, anyone check out some s korean message boards yet? lol
#116 Edited by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
@Meteora: shits, you know there's also one that this dude here made on the battlenet forums
LINK
#117 Edited by Jeust (10651 posts) -
#118 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

yep, that was awhile ago i haven'e checked back on that one, anyone check gaf yet?
#119 Posted by IG__ (84 posts) -

It would be sooo awesome if you could post the replay!

#120 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

Upload the replay, I have 6 hours to waste!

#121 Posted by StarvingGamer (8245 posts) -

You fool!  You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is " never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "never get into a base-race with a Terran when ladder placement is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... 

#122 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
@ErrorOperator said:
" Upload the replay, I have 6 hours to waste! "
seriously dude do it
#123 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" You fool!  You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is " never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "never get into a base-race with a Terran when ladder placement is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  "
burn the witch!!!
#124 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

does anyone know a good way to post a 6 hour sc2 replay? lol
#125 Posted by StarvingGamer (8245 posts) -
@VisariLoyalist said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" You fool!  You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is " never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "never get into a base-race with a Terran when ladder placement is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  "
burn the witch!!! "
Ugh, seriously? o_O
#126 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
" does anyone know a good way to post a 6 hour sc2 replay? lol "
hrmm... idk I think if you have a youtube director account you can but idk even then 6 hours might just be to long for youtube. You could always post it as a torrent and give us the link that would only take 20 hours for people to download XD
#127 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1903 posts) -
@evildeadron: Stay strong brother! That guy lost fair and square and he should have to take the penalty for it. Hopefully you don't have to leave your computer on for too much longer though.
#128 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

tomorrow i may see how long a 6 hr match translates into max replay speed, then i would have to figure out how to put the benny hill theme song over top of that
#129 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -
#130 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
#131 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -
@Dipstick:
different match, same result = blizzard get on this 
 
also, since my machine rebooted i was not able to save the replay (i just checked) so instead i offer a lasting screenshot of the 6hr 24 minute defeat 
 

 
#132 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2993 posts) -

Q_Q

#133 Posted by Jeust (10651 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
" @Dipstick:
different match, same result = blizzard get on this 
 
also, since my machine rebooted i was not able to save the replay (i just checked) so instead i offer a lasting screenshot of the 6hr 24 minute defeat 
 

"
At least it left some interesting memories. So not all is lost.
#134 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

Aww well it seems I jumped into this a little late. Too bad about your loss dude, but hey at least you can finally play some more SC2!

#135 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

Does not having a command center and supply depots give you 0 supplies? 
If not, he could of just landed the factory and built those flame buggies with the minerals he has left while you were afk. 
 
Good job, sticking with it though. But man, accidentally pressing the reset button is such a downer. 
Reminds me of the 5 hour Arena match my brother had in WoW over a year ago.

#136 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@gunslingerNZ said:

" @evildeadron: Stay strong brother! That guy lost fair and square and he should have to take the penalty for it. Hopefully you don't have to leave your computer on for too much longer though. "

What the hell are you talking about? The terran didn't lose fair and square, it's a draw. The OP doesn't deserve to win simply because he has units, it's his fault for not not having any units that can attack air in a base trade situation against a Terran. I still can't believe there is no mutual draw thing in Starcraft, stuff like this happens more than you'd think actually.
#137 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Post on the blizzard forums and let others know of his assness.  "  
 
Why is he an ass? They're both in the exact same situation.
#138 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" You fool!  You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is " never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "never get into a base-race with a Terran when ladder placement is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  "
I may love you.
#139 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1903 posts) -
@sixghost: No I think the person with units left is clearly the victor in this situation. If this was a real war the guy with some men left has clearly won the battle when all the enemy has left is a hut...
 
Besides, the Terran lift off ability is meant to be a strategic advantage for expansions and rebuilding not to cheese your way out of a loss.
#140 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" @Levio said:
" @Meteora said:
" @Levio said:
" You call him a "douchebag", when you're really just as bad as him.  You wasted as much of his time as he did to you, yet somehow you feel like the superior one. "
The problem was that had the other player not lift up his factory like a jackass, the OP would have won. Instead, the douchebag won in what should have been a victory for the OP. "
 Letting the opponent destroy your entire base has consequences.  Try not to let that happen. "
The same could be said to the other player.  Zing~ "
AY OOOOOOO
#141 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@gunslingerNZ said:

" @sixghost: No I think the person with units left is clearly the victor in this situation. If this was a real war the guy with some men left has clearly won the battle when all the enemy has left is a hut...  Besides, the Terran lift off ability is meant to be a strategic advantage for expansions and rebuilding not to cheese your way out of a loss. "

What is the advantage of having units if they can't finish the game? Protoss can't kill the Terran just as much as Terran can't kill the Protoss. Draw. Also, who are you to arbitrarily decide what a specific ability is supposed to be used for? 
That's like saying a draw in SSF4 should be decided by whoever has more super-meter. It makes no sense.
#142 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
" @sixghost: No I think the person with units left is clearly the victor in this situation. If this was a real war the guy with some men left has clearly won the battle when all the enemy has left is a hut...  Besides, the Terran lift off ability is meant to be a strategic advantage for expansions and rebuilding not to cheese your way out of a loss. "
What is the advantage of having units if they can't finish the game? Protoss can't kill the Terran just as much as Terran can't kill the Protoss. Draw. Also, who are you to arbitrarily decide what a specific ability is supposed to be used for? "
lets not turn the dandy thread of the day into a flame war over what units should be used what way and how games should be played.
#143 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" @sixghost said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
" @sixghost: No I think the person with units left is clearly the victor in this situation. If this was a real war the guy with some men left has clearly won the battle when all the enemy has left is a hut...  Besides, the Terran lift off ability is meant to be a strategic advantage for expansions and rebuilding not to cheese your way out of a loss. "
What is the advantage of having units if they can't finish the game? Protoss can't kill the Terran just as much as Terran can't kill the Protoss. Draw. Also, who are you to arbitrarily decide what a specific ability is supposed to be used for? "
lets not turn the dandy thread of the day into a flame war over what units should be used what way and how games should be played. "
Agreed. I personally find all these SC2 threads to be really hard to get through. Knowing that I could download it at any point and trying to resist is difficult...
#144 Edited by TheHT (11270 posts) -

Surrender and save power and time? NEVER.
 
Fuck that dude and his floating factory, wait until kingdom come!!
 
Edit: Damn that sucks donkey balls.

#145 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Bahhahahahaha. 
 
You wasted 6 hours of your life just to get a loss. Maybe you should have just surrendered and saved yourself the time and played more of that game you paid $60 for. You both should have lost for being extreme noobs.

#146 Posted by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

This is only going to end in tears and a fried video card ;(

#147 Posted by kjaonline (1 posts) -

Epic lol

#148 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@kjaonline said:
" Epic lol "
golly jeepers
#149 Posted by StarvingGamer (8245 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" You fool!  You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is " never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "never get into a base-race with a Terran when ladder placement is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  "
I may love you. "
Thank god someone got that, I was so proud of that one.
#150 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@evildeadron: just leave it on till he quits

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.