Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

StarCraft II beta invite finally arrives...

Avatar image for hypotheticalsolution76
    HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

....and then somehow I pick a day that has BattleNet down for maintenance. I'm actually pumped up now to play, as I think my old comp can still get into the games without too much chugging. And of course since the beta ends on 5/31, I'm like making up for lost time here people. Players are going to murder me inside the beta but nothing would make me happier than if I could win at least one match. But I want to earn it of course, no giving up by my opponents. Never fear the newb.

Small gripe here too...hoping the delay won't extend into late night hours here on east coast. 6am wake up calls make me cranky that late.

HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....and then somehow I pick a day that has BattleNet down for maintenance. I'm actually pumped up now to play, as I think my old comp can still get into the games without too much chugging. And of course since the beta ends on 5/31, I'm like making up for lost time here people. Players are going to murder me inside the beta but nothing would make me happier than if I could win at least one match. But I want to earn it of course, no giving up by my opponents. Never fear the newb.

Small gripe here too...hoping the delay won't extend into late night hours here on east coast. 6am wake up calls make me cranky that late.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yeah, it's been going on all day.

Been screw around with custom maps and the editor while I'm waiting.

HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funcmode:  Better get started on that download. Took me awhile to get everything patched up to the current number.
    HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funcmode:  Killing some time playing the beta is awesome, so I'm glad to help out.
    lifejuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By lifejuice

Wow, I remember signing up to get an invite a long time ago, but I completely forgot about it. I just checked my email and I got an invite back on April 3rd... What a waste.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

No such luck on my end.

HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LifeJuice said:
    " Wow, I remember signing up to get an invite a long time ago, but I completely forgot about it. I just checked my email and I got an invite back on April 3rd... What a waste. "
    Actually the install and downloads didn't take me very long, maybe an hour. But I see your point with May almost up.
    HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hitchenson said:
    " No such luck on my end. "
    Don't feel too bad, some days the server is having issues and nobody can play anyway. Happened a lot over the last week since they wiped the earlier records.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Castro

I too just checked my email last night and found that I had received mine on the 16th. Whoops! Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. I've never played Starcraft so I'm gonna get boned all over the place once I start playing. I plan on getting liquored up first.

HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Castro said:
    " I too just checked my email last night and found that I had received mine on the 16th. Whoops! Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. I've never played Starcraft so I'm gonna get boned all over the place once I start playing. I plan on getting liquored up first. "
    Dude, I got demoted twice and begged people not to kill me right away. Once I was rewarded by not getting taken out in the first 10 minutes. So I bet you 10 to 1 my Starcraft skills are way worse than yours. I think Blizz just invited me to see how the game would play on a low end PC.
    MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MadeinFinland

I've been checking my e-mail and battle.net account every day for about two months. Still nothin'. 

Luckily one of my buddies got the beta, so I've had a few chances to play it. Protoss ftw.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By raiz265
    @HypotheticalSolution76 said:
    " @Castro said:
    " I too just checked my email last night and found that I had received mine on the 16th. Whoops! Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. I've never played Starcraft so I'm gonna get boned all over the place once I start playing. I plan on getting liquored up first. "
    Dude, I got demoted twice and begged people not to kill me right away. Once I was rewarded by not getting taken out in the first 10 minutes. So I bet you 10 to 1 my Starcraft skills are way worse than yours. I think Blizz just invited me to see how the game would play on a low end PC. "
    It actually wasn't as hard to get into as I expected... With the practice league and many other beginners having no clue I had a rather smooth start... 

But I watched streams and VODs for like 2 months before. :X
    HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiz265 said:
    " @HypotheticalSolution76 said:
    " @Castro said:
    Dude, I got demoted twice and begged people not to kill me right away. Once I was rewarded by not getting taken out in the first 10 minutes. So I bet you 10 to 1 my Starcraft skills are way worse than yours. I think Blizz just invited me to see how the game would play on a low end PC. "
    It actually wasn't as hard to get into as I expected... With the practice league and many other beginners having no clue I had a rather smooth start...  But I watched streams and VODs for like 2 months before. :X "
    Well you did the smart thing. I went through the menus for the first time right when the BattleNet server wasn't functioning properly. So I made the mistake to disregard the practice leagues thinking that's what I needed to do. Sad to say, I could not start then with the other beginners. I went in cold turkey, but I did learn some things from a few nice players. =)
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By raiz265
    @HypotheticalSolution76 said:
    " @raiz265 said:
    " @Castro said:
    It actually wasn't as hard to get into as I expected... With the practice league and many other beginners having no clue I had a rather smooth start...  But I watched streams and VODs for like 2 months before. :X "
    Well you did the smart thing. I went through the menus for the first time right when the BattleNet server wasn't functioning properly. So I made the mistake to disregard the practice leagues thinking that's what I needed to do. Sad to say, I could not start then with the other beginners. I went in cold turkey, but I did learn some things from a few nice players. =) "
    So 5 losses and straight to the bottom I guess? :D
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Seedofpower

You are going to beat someone. The ladder system doesn't work the same like other RTS games. It works far better.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Diamond

Technically the beta is going offline in like 3 days until late July (they said there will be a final phase of the beta before the game is released).

HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiz265 said:
    " @raiz265 said:
    " @Castro said:
    Well you did the smart thing. I went through the menus for the first time right when the BattleNet server wasn't functioning properly. So I made the mistake to disregard the practice leagues thinking that's what I needed to do. Sad to say, I could not start then with the other beginners. I went in cold turkey, but I did learn some things from a few nice players. =) "
    So 5 losses and straight to the bottom I guess? :D "
    Well it was sort of like 6 losses, demotion, 2 wins, 2 losses, demotion...new gold level. But you pretty much got it.
    HypotheticalSolution76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funcmode said:
    " Loving the beta here! Thanks again for the reminder ;D  Are you on US or EU servers btw? "
    US servers. But don't think it'd matter too much. I am pretty sure players on the EU side know how to kick some SC booty when needed. Are you on that side of the pond?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.