Starcraft II possible Release date...May???

#1 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

I was looking at the SII page today, and I saw that the release date was set to May 2009. I think my heart may have skipped a beat I know that this "user change" had to be approved by a mod, but this doesn't seem right, because if Blizzard had announced that they were releasing it in May, then wouldn't we know about it on the Starcraft II official site??? Or am I missing something?

It is coninciding with other Blizzard Release Dates, because the Warcrafts (III and TFT) were released in Summer and so were the Diablo II's. If this is true, then I can hardly wait!!!

#2 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

No. SC2 wont be out for another 5  years. I wish it would come out now though.

#3 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Any date you see (anywhere, even here), is purely speculative. I doubt SCII would be out in May.

#4 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Maybe a third of it.
And then the other third.
Then the other third.
Then another WoW expansion, probably.
THEN Diablo 3.
gg Blizzard.

#5 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Sadly man, but no fucking way.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Hey, I know when the release date for StarCraft II actually is.  Blizzard told me.  Here's what they said:

when it's ready  -_-
#7 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

^
Wins internet

#8 Posted by shawnzzy (3 posts) -

Blizzard is lying there really isn't a Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.... photoshopped...... I CAN SEE THE PIXELS!

#9 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"No. SC2 wont be out for another 5  years. I wish it would come out now though."
I doubt that... my friend's bro works for Blizzard, and he says WoL is shooting for Fall of 2009...
#10 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
giyanks22 said:
"Pibo47 said:
"No. SC2 wont be out for another 5  years. I wish it would come out now though."
I doubt that... my friend's bro works for Blizzard, and he says WoL is shooting for Fall of 2009..."
So they are going to a release around the summer of 2010?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.