Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Stoping 2v2 rushes?

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haffy

Short games are pretty boring for me and all that seems to happen in 2v2 is constant rushes. I play random so spawning as terran is normaly no problem to defend. But my friend plays as protoss and if I spawn as zerg it's got to the point where I don't bother scouting and 8 pool because it happens so often. Is there anyway around this as zerg and some cases protoss in 2v2? These rushes wouldn't normaly be a problem in 1v1 but 2v2 and seperated spawns make this a nightmare to defend because we don't want to rush.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By _Phara0h_

I would suggest you go and scout to see if they have a proxy and you can always turtle and wall in so they don't get in your base. Also train your opening builds so you can have you unit's out fast, if you create a game and search for "yabot" that is a custom map where you can train your build order and it shows your time how fast you do it....

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Feanor

Get a good wall off, use micro and your ramp to hold them off until your partner to get there. It is a shame that every 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 is full of people rushing. But come tomorrow you will get some relief since reapers and zealots are getting build times nerfed.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By gunslingerNZ

If you're a P&Z team your best bet is to have your Protoss buddy wall as best as he can while you apply some early pressure to the other team. The best way to stop a rush is to try hurt their economy early in the game and force them onto the defensive.

moves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By moves

is that when the patch is supposedly coming out?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.