Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Teams: Liquid vs Root vs oGs vs Prime vs TSL

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Who do you guys think is the strongest team? It's a tough one. Here is the roster for each team...

Liquid

Nazgul
    Tyler
    TLO
    Jinro
    HayprO
    Ret
    Huk 

oGs

InCa
    GiSado
    Spunky
    HireN
    NaDa
    MC
    Ensnare
    Gon
    The StC
    Zenio
    TheWinD
    JookToJung
    Hyperdub
    Cezanne
    VINES
    kkOma
    Supernova

Root

Catz
    Drewbie
    qxc
    KiWiKaki
    SLush
    Minigun
    ddoRo
    Destiny

Prime

(There's a lot so I'm only putting some top ones)
    Anypro
    Check
    DayFly
    HongUn
    Maka
    MarineKing
    Polt

TSL

aLive
    Clide
    Fruitdealer
    GuineaPig
    Happiness
    Killer
    Rain
    RevivaL
    Smart
    Trickster (Tester)

I think I have got to go with Root for the best overall team. oGs has the player MC, who may be the best in the world, but I don't think they are necessarily the best team. I think they are in a close second place to Root though.  

For me it would go:
    1) Root
    2) oGs
    3) Prime
    4) Liquid
    5) TSL

Thoughts?
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By raiz265

why do you choose these? 

I think Incredible Miracle with MVP and Nestea and a bunch of other sickly good players would be the best team atm... 

and I'm not really convinced that root can actually hold up to any korean team.. they might have talented players, but even QXC got absolutely manhandled at IEM 2 days ago and lost his group 0:5 without even winning a single map :|  

tbh i would put root to the last spot of all of those teams

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

I think the overall best team in the world right now is definitely IM. With aces like MVP, Nestea and YongHwa, they are incredibly strong.

EDIT:From the teams you mentioned I'd propably go with oGs.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
      For me it would go: 1) Root 2) oGs 3) Prime 4) Liquid 5) TSL Thoughts? "
    You are absolutely insane.

Those are my thoughts.  ROOT is better than TSL?!  PRIME IS BETTER THAN TSL?!  MC alone is better than anyone on ROOT.

oGs > TSL > Liquid > Prime > ROOT
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

Prime cause they have BitbyBit.

However of those oGs, but I agree it's prolly IM.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raiz265
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Prime cause they have BitbyBit. "
    <3
    Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Entus

oGs > Prime > Liquid or TSL > Root 

oGs is pretty easy pick for number 1. Their lineup is huge and a lot of them are GSL code S worthy and 1 of them is a GSL champion.  
    Prime is probably next. MKP, while not MVP, is very good. They got players like Check and HongUn, who round out the team well. 
    Liquid is awesome by foreigner standards, but not so hot by Korean standards. Jinro is the only player that has shown that he can go toe-to-toe with top notch code S players.
    TSL is weird. All of their players are pretty inconsistent.  
    Root. Uhh... What? I got much love for my Canadian brethren but no. Root will not be able to do well against Korean/Foreigner-in-Korea teams. 

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By canucks23

Don't know really, but Root is for sure the worst on that list. None of their players are even close to the korean teams/liquid.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By endless_void

Root is definitely the worst on the list. Alot of their players don't even seem like the same league as some of the other teams you posted.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By wunder_

ST and IM are two extremely strong teams as well. Honestly, it's tough to put Root above any of the teams, and TSL has been lacking a lot lately.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

lawl...yes, you are all correct. Root is terrible even though they have 5 players in the top 20 in North America. 5 out of their 8 player team. I don't think any of Root are as good as MC or HongUn, but Root has put together an extremely solid and consistent team.  

And I think it's hilarious that everyone says how foreigners team can't compete with Korean teams even though idra and jinro do extremely well, even against Koreans. And both idra and jinro have gotten beat by members of Root plenty of times. 

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By jimi

Liquid cause they have HUK 

Really like TSL too, guess I'm always rooting for the underdog. 

For serious strongest though it is oGs no question

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raiz265
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " lawl...yes, you are all correct. Root is terrible even though they have 5 players in the top 20 in North America.  "
    Ladder rankings have shown to be relatively unrelevant when it comes to actual tournament performance.
    strangone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By strangone

Root has no major tournament wins or accomplishments. Some good players but they're clearly at the bottom of the list regardless of their ladder ranks. They wouldn't even be the second best foreigner team.@lilburtonboy7489 said:

" lawl...yes, you are all correct. Root is terrible even though they have 5 players in the top 20 in North America. 5 out of their 8 player team. I don't think any of Root are as good as MC or HongUn, but Root has put together an extremely solid and consistent team.   And I think it's hilarious that everyone says how foreigners team can't compete with Korean teams even though idra and jinro do extremely well, even against Koreans. And both idra and jinro have gotten beat by members of Root plenty of times.  "
    Nobody's saying Root has bad players but they are so obviously not at the same level as teams who live together in a house practicing constantly. It's like saying the Clippers are the best team in the NBA, it's not even a matter of opinion it's just wrong.
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @raiz265 said:
    " @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " lawl...yes, you are all correct. Root is terrible even though they have 5 players in the top 20 in North America.  "
    Ladder rankings have shown to be relatively unrelevant when it comes to actual tournament performance. "
    unrelevant is not a word.  

And tournament performance is not what this is about, it's about which team is composed of the strongest players, which is irrelevant to tournament performance . Tester is probably better than almost anyone listed here, and he does TERRIBLE in tournaments. That doesn't mean he's bad.  

Besides, Root isn't really into tournaments yet. That's going to change with the NASL. 
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @strangone said:
    " Root has no major tournament wins or accomplishments. Some good players but they're clearly at the bottom of the list regardless of their ladder ranks. They wouldn't even be the second best foreigner team.@lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " lawl...yes, you are all correct. Root is terrible even though they have 5 players in the top 20 in North America. 5 out of their 8 player team. I don't think any of Root are as good as MC or HongUn, but Root has put together an extremely solid and consistent team.   And I think it's hilarious that everyone says how foreigners team can't compete with Korean teams even though idra and jinro do extremely well, even against Koreans. And both idra and jinro have gotten beat by members of Root plenty of times.  "
    Nobody's saying Root has bad players but they are so obviously not at the same level as teams who live together in a house practicing constantly. It's like saying the Clippers are the best team in the NBA, it's not even a matter of opinion it's just wrong. "
    What? How is it obvious that they are not at the same level as teams who live together in a house practicing constantly? It doesn't follow that you are a better player if you do that. When Idra lived in Korean he practice exponentially less than players living in practice houses, but he still got way father into the GSL than many who do practice nonstop. 
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frankxiv

sounds like you just really wanted a chance to talk about root and arbitrarily chose some other teams to compare them to

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By raiz265
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    That's because IdrA and Jinro were both training in Korea, on the Korean ladder (which is a lot harder than the NA or EU ladder), with korean players, Jinro even lives with a whole korean team. 
    Living they're and actually being in a perfect practice environment is a HUGE deal, pretty much every foreigner who was there even for only a week says so. Playing the game for the whole day is one thing, but those dudes are living it. 

By no means am I saying that Root is a bad team, especially Kiwikaki has posted some great results lately and showed some really amazing games (while saying again, that QXC absolutely botched IEM), but those teams you chose aren't exactly easy ones to take on, a list with Europe and North America based teams would be much more realistic in order to rank Root, imho.
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @onimonkii said:
    " sounds like you just really wanted a chance to talk about root and arbitrarily chose some other teams to compare them to "
    Why would I randomly want to talk about a team I literally have no affiliation with? None of my favorite players are even on that team. 
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    You are absolutely insane.  Those are my thoughts.  ROOT is better than TSL?!  PRIME IS BETTER THAN TSL?!  MC alone is better than anyone on ROOT.  oGs > TSL > Liquid > Prime > ROOT "
    Wasn't talking about individual players. I was talking about the strength of the team, the ratio of good players. Root only has 1 weak player, and he just joined this week. I agree with MC is better than anyone on Root. But I definitely think that Root is a better team.  
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By frankxiv
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " sounds like you just really wanted a chance to talk about root and arbitrarily chose some other teams to compare them to "
    Why would I randomly want to talk about a team I literally have no affiliation with? None of my favorite players are even on that team.  "
    you tell me. i don't see any other reason to only include 4 teams and then when people give their opinion on them, defend the one you personally ranked #1. 

would have been better like others are saying if you had put root/liquid against like EG, LG, fnatic, FXO, and Dignitas
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @onimonkii said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    Why would I randomly want to talk about a team I literally have no affiliation with? None of my favorite players are even on that team.  "
    you tell me. i don't see any other reason to only include 4 teams and then when people give their opinion on them, defend the one you personally ranked #1.  would have been better like others are saying if you had put root/liquid against like EG, LG, fnatic, FXO, and Dignitas "
    So if I post an opinion and defended it, that means I made this post just to talk about them? Did you ever consider that I made this post to get people's opinions on who they think is best out of these teams?  
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frankxiv
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    you tell me. i don't see any other reason to only include 4 teams and then when people give their opinion on them, defend the one you personally ranked #1.  would have been better like others are saying if you had put root/liquid against like EG, LG, fnatic, FXO, and Dignitas "
    So if I post an opinion and defended it, that means I made this post just to talk about them? Did you ever consider that I made this post to get people's opinions on who they think is best out of these teams?   "
    no, not given the small number of teams you chose, as i said.
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @onimonkii said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    So if I post an opinion and defended it, that means I made this post just to talk about them? Did you ever consider that I made this post to get people's opinions on who they think is best out of these teams?   "
    no, not given the small number of teams you chose, as i said. "
    I was in a library and made the topic in 5 minutes. I included the popular foreign teams (accidentally forgetting EG), and then added some Korean teams that are most relevant right now (eg..strongly represented in the current GSL).  

This isn't a conspiracy. If it makes you quit bitching I'll make a topic with every team. 
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By frankxiv
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    " @onimonkii said:
    no, not given the small number of teams you chose, as i said. "
    I was in a library and made the topic in 5 minutes. I included the popular foreign teams (accidentally forgetting EG), and then added some Korean teams that are most relevant right now (eg..strongly represented in the current GSL).   This isn't a conspiracy. If it makes you quit bitching I'll make a topic with every team.  "
    if you actually care go ahead. if not, i think ogs > prime > tsl > liquid > root.
    pegasuswinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pegasuswinks
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:
    " @Cataphract1014 said:
    You are absolutely insane.  Those are my thoughts.  ROOT is better than TSL?!  PRIME IS BETTER THAN TSL?!  MC alone is better than anyone on ROOT.  oGs > TSL > Liquid > Prime > ROOT "
    Wasn't talking about individual players. I was talking about the strength of the team, the ratio of good players. Root only has 1 weak player, and he just joined this week. I agree with MC is better than anyone on Root. But I definitely think that Root is a better team.   "
    Yet when you post an example about how well foreigners are doing in Korea you list IdrA and Jinro. So has IdrA and Jinro become teams of 1 or what's the deal here? Back to the topic of Root: Root may be a good enough team when it comes to the foreigner scene, but if you're going to mix in Korean teams in here, I don't think Root has any chance against them. 
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @lilburtonboy7489 said:

" @Cataphract1014 said:

Wasn't talking about individual players. I was talking about the strength of the team, the ratio of good players. Root only has 1 weak player, and he just joined this week. I agree with MC is better than anyone on Root. But I definitely think that Root is a better team.   "
    Aside from Liquid maybe, any of the top players from the other teams would be able to beat any ROOT player.  But even then, Jinro is so much better than any other foreigner, Liquid is still above them.  Plus TLO is awesome and HuK is doing good in Code A.
    Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Entus

Kiwi, Catz, DdoRo tried and failed to qualify for TSL3. (drewbie didn't get any points, so that means he either didn't try or tried and lost.) QXC was the only root member who qualified, and he got COMPLETELY manhandled by everyone at IEM (Morrow, Ace, Tarson, Idra, Whitera). He couldn't win a single set. oGs, on the other hand, has 8 players in Code S in GSL5, the level that Ace couldn't make it into. (Who btw is steamrolling everyone, hasn't lost a single game, 13-0 atm at IEM.)  Prime has 5 Code S and 1 Code A. TSL has 3 Code S and 4 Code A. So not as good as oGs but not bad either.

The difference in skill is pretty enormous.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
    @Cataphract1014 said:

" @Cataphract1014 said:

Aside from Liquid maybe, any of the top players from the other teams would be able to beat any ROOT player.  But even then, Jinro is so much better than any other foreigner, Liquid is still above them.  Plus TLO is awesome and HuK is doing good in Code A. "
    That's not true. Jinro is not so much better than any foreigner. I don't think there is any clear-cut better player between HuK, Idra, WhiteRa, and Jinro. IMO, Idra is better than Jinro. Yes, I know they have played and Idra always loses, but I believe that's going to change. But I also think WhiteRa and KiwiKaki are better than HuK at toss. But it's hard to say that any of them are straight up better than the rest. 
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Winternet
    @lilburtonboy7489: You are karazy. Root as the best team of those you mentioned? Bananas. I would say 1st oGs 2nd TSL 3rd Prime 4th Liquid 5th Root. I mean, it's not fair to compare Root with these teams. They don't play in the same league.

Of course there are other teams like IM and Startale that are better than the ones mentioned here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.