Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

thank the lord for day[9]

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

so i am gold league. around 950 points. been there for a while now. kinda stuck. what seems to get me is i cant handle a zerg player. lings make me panic and i lose badly.
    today while driving for work (im in the car for 4 hours a day) i listened to his newbie tuesday stuff. dont worry i wasnt looking at it just had it plugged into my cars auxiliary and listened to him 

well i got home today and decided to give it a shot. i played a game against the computer and did well. so i said what the hell and did a ranked match
    the guy was favored and was zerg of course.....  well i followed his newbie tuesday steps. always build probes always build pylons. i didnt do perfect because i did get supply blocked a few times but i did well.
    and i actually beat him fairly outright. the normal army of hydra roach corruptor i handled well.  

i just wanted to post to tell everyone that i took everyones advice and watched day[9].   it works well. im not a pro by any means but i improved already.
    heres a replay of that game by the way if you wanna give any advice to me! 
    http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=226001

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By baldgye

best advice day9 ever gave me personally other than building probes and pylons was paitents... when you get contained on 1base its really not time to pannic... before I watched that show he did I would desperataly try and break contains asap and just loose... now I hope that every T I play tries to contain me becasue I find it so easy to break.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vitor

@tunaburn: Similar experience here. I was a middling player, with poor macro and decent micro at times (particularly with blink stalkers) but I'd always get supply blocked constantly and just wouldn't be producing enough.

Despite having the mental note to always check the resources tab/mini-map, I found myself forgetting constantly. It wasn't until his comment on always remembering to use Chrono Boost that my game improved considerably. As I'm constantly checking that for upgrades, it reminds me to check everything else. I still get supply blocked from time to time but heck, even the pros do so I don't worry. I can just push out so many tier 1 units so fast that, as long as I don't get cut off from expanding, I can comfortably beat a lot of Diamon players in 2v2 without feeling like my team mate is carrying me at all.

Although, having said that, I still SUCK at scouting.

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ASpaceSeaman

I have Starcraft II sitting on my desktop.....Played once.

I love watching Day9 though. I catch all of his episodes. Am I crazy?

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vexxan
    @5socks5

I have Starcraft II sitting on my desktop.....Played once.

I love watching Day9 though. I catch all of his episodes. Am I crazy?

No, I dont even have Starcraft 2 and I watch Day9 and SC2 pros play the game almost every day. Day9 is just...amazingly fun.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By tunaburn
    @Vitor

dude i am awful at scouting too. it pretty much boils down to me sending my first probe on 9 after my pylon. then later getting an observer and kinda moving it around. a lot of the time i just have it follow thier army to see when theyre coming.  i try to look around for key buildings in their base but usually im bad at it.  

luckily at gold league you can pretty much do fine as long as you have enough units.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.