Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

TLO's GSL round of 32... SPOILER ALERT

EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By EJ

Anyone else a little disappointed that after 2 awesome games he gets beat by cheese from some guy who was a really solid player?

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wchigo

Yes. I mean, a win's a win, he didn't cheat or anything, but it sucks that such an epic series came down to a cheese win.

That first game was legendary though. Everyone should watch it, even if they don't play Terran.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DoctorWelch

Yeah, that was such a pussy move, he got so lucky to find TLO on the first try and TLO scouted his base last. That's the one thing I sorta hate about Starcraft, luck was really the only thing that decided that game. It is also sorta shitty how all the Koreans are like trying to gang up on everyone else and work together to take out the foreigners.

EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EJ

Yea, but I bet IdrA's booth would have exploded with all the raging going on inside it had he been cheesed in a game 3 like that. I do hope that TLO has more success in the next GSL cause he really is quite good at that game.

loldetaerleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By loldetaerleo

It sucks that we didn't get an epic game 3, but props to hyperdub for doing what he thought would get him the win.

@DoctorWelch said:

"It is also sorta shitty how all the Koreans are like trying to gang up on everyone else and work together to take out the foreigners. "

Because all the foreigners weren't doing the same?
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By raiz265

Game 3 was a letdown... But the first one was totally epic.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @loldetaerleo said:
    " It sucks that we didn't get an epic game 3, but props to hyperdub for doing what he thought would get him the win.

@DoctorWelch said:
    "It is also sorta shitty how all the Koreans are like trying to gang up on everyone else and work together to take out the foreigners. "

Because all the foreigners weren't doing the same? "
    No, in fact they werent because there was only 4 of them. Yeah, we are cheering them on, but it's not like opposing groups/teams are banning together to make sure all the Koreans are knocked out or something. When ogs and prime get together to tell each other how to beat the foreigners, I find that pretty disgusting.
    loldetaerleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By loldetaerleo
    @DoctorWelch: 
    Foreigners were doing the exact same thing, it's a competition deal with it.
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Rayeth

I'm just happy that game 1 of that series was probably the most exiting TvT ever played.   

I am happy to see that the TvT matchup is evolving beyond tank-viking, which is boring as hell to watch.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @loldetaerleo said:
    " @DoctorWelch:  Foreigners were doing the exact same thing, it's a competition deal with it. "
    What lol, are you stupid? Did you even read what I just posted? Also,(even though you probably wont comprehend or in fact read what I am about to say) its called integrity of a sport, two opposing teams dont gang up on another for any reason, that's just plain sleezy.
    loldetaerleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By loldetaerleo
    @DoctorWelch: 

Artosis spent an enormous amount of time together with idrA going through a dudes builds through his account and tried to emulate it, the koreans are sharing knowledge of the foreigners playstyles with eacother. 

Same thing

You just don't like having your favorite players lose.
    freeground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freeground

It's a shame, cheese rarely makes for good games. Whatever though, I like Tester more. 
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raiz265
    @DoctorWelch said:

" @loldetaerleo said:

" It sucks that we didn't get an epic game 3, but props to hyperdub for doing what he thought would get him the win.

@DoctorWelch

said:

Because all the foreigners weren't doing the same? "
    No, in fact they werent because there was only 4 of them. Yeah, we are cheering them on, but it's not like opposing groups/teams are banning together to make sure all the Koreans are knocked out or something. When ogs and prime get together to tell each other how to beat the foreigners, I find that pretty disgusting. "
    They maybe did that with IdrA, but I don't like him anyway! :X

TLO (and Jinro) in fact train(s) and live(s) together with the oGs team and seems to be well respected among them.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @raiz265: Yeah I know, I wasnt really specifically talking about TLO, I was more talking about Idra. Even so, banning together to take out Idra, even if you dont like him, is pretty unsportsmanlike.
    EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EJ
    @DoctorWelch I think what you're saying can be right, but only in extreme circumstances. It's not like they ruffed IdrA up in an alley before the game. I think they didn't cross over into any unsportsmanlike play by the way they tried to prepare for him, and, after all, IdrA didn't have to prepare exclusively for the build he thought he would be facing. Furthermore, IdrA most definitely lost game 3 because he forgot to scout any hidden expansions... I think he deserved to lose that game. The reason I was interested to hear about TLO's match was because his loss had more to do with chance and was an extremely ballsy move by his opponent.
    Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cheapoz

Again, link?

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By sjschmidt93

Cheesing a teammate. Definitely odd. I feel like TLO would've checked for cheese if the guy wasn't his friggin' teammate. 

@Cheapoz said:

" Again, link? "

http://www.gomtv.net/

You must pay for it.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#18  Edited By StarvingGamer

Ugh I want to drop the scratch but I don't know, it seems like a LOT of money for one tournament.  Especially since I won't be able to actually watch it live...  What do I do?  Do I drop the $20?  Agleagleagleagleagle

Avatar image for everybody_poops
    Everybody_Poops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Everybody_Poops

Starcraft really brings out the rage in people. BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nephrahim
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL-UJDjClMY  

Account has all the GSL games so far.  No idea of the legality, so watch em before Youtube takes em down. 

I payed the fee (I payed for GB too, didn't I :p) but This game was so awesome, everyone should see it. 
    johnw188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By johnw188

Hyperdub knew that TLO has a weak early game, opting for fast factory in nearly all his TvT matches. He exploited that fact with a very well executed proxy rax build, and deserved the win. Jaedong and Flash, the two best brood war players in the world, just played in the finals of the OSL. Jaedong 4-pooled twice, in a best of 5 series. 

Cheese is a part of starcraft, always has been. It's very risky against good players, but can pay off with a win.

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By leburgan

Haven't gotten to that third game yet but holy shit that first game was so epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.