Video Blog: Playing Through StarCraft II

#501 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Brad when is the review going up? I know what score you'll give it but I'm eager to read it and probably bitch about it.

#502 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -
@Brad: There must be a follow-up video to this. Give whoever came up with this video feature a high five.
#503 Posted by totallyfugazi (13 posts) -

I like the Sander Cohen rabbit poster on the wall. " I want to take the ears off , but I cant !! "

#504 Posted by Stargate174 (173 posts) -

What res is your webcam? because it looks stretched. You need to get a MS LiveCinema HD 720p cam to do blogs.

#505 Posted by Brad (2925 posts) -
@Stargate174: 

It's just a built-in MacBook webcam which I think only does 640x480. The aspect ratio is correct but I did crop it to 16x9, and I also rendered out the final video at a higher res than that, so the compression is probably not great.

We have some Flips and Zi8s in the office, I'll probably use one of those if I do this kind of video again.
Staff
#506 Posted by intelix (17 posts) -

Definitely like the video blog idea. Keep it up~!

#507 Posted by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -

interesting

#508 Edited by thejamster (263 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:

" Hey Brad, I need your help! Ive been having a lot of issues defending against Void Ray rushes from the protoss, especially when I am playing Zerg (Which seem pretty underpowered!). Any suggestions for how to deal with them, or how your Void rushes get stopped if you ever try them? I try and scout em out as best I can, but if they have their entrance blocked off, I wont know until its too late. "

I would suggest that if they close the entrance to their base that may be a sign of these void ray rushes and you can plan accordingly otherwise, tech to hydras with  a good mix of other units and expand, making sure your bases are connected with creep to limit harras cause hydras are just so fast on creep 

edit: Also, my favorite way to deal with a strat that i have trouble with is to not deal with it.  and by that I mean say if you have problems with mech pushes when you are playing protoss, maybe you go for early void rays or phoenixes to harras/make mech ineffective "forcing" your opponent to do something different
#509 Posted by Jawshua (260 posts) -

Good luck, Brad.
#510 Posted by UnreliableNarrator (51 posts) -

Brad looks tired.

#511 Posted by Minos (156 posts) -

Lets get a follow up on this...

#512 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

This is the kind of thing that sets GiantBomb apart from every other gaming outlet around. Superb.

#513 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

I shall put this to good use.
#514 Posted by raidingkvatch (1152 posts) -

Brad looks fucking knackered.

#515 Posted by kratier (223 posts) -

best zerg tips would be watch some high ranking korean players play zerg in sc2 ,

#516 Posted by redjacked (47 posts) -

Add my name to the "please make this a weekly segment!" list.   I'm so godawful at RTS games, I need all the help I can get.

#517 Posted by Caddy (308 posts) -

Loved the ending.

#518 Posted by MonkeyMelon (217 posts) -

What"s the fun in these types of games?

#519 Posted by Baconator (168 posts) -
@mosdl said:
" need more videoblogs on this site! ... " 
I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed this video.
#520 Posted by Spence_5060 (325 posts) -

this video blog idea is actually really cool and definitely want to see more of them with the hot new games.

#521 Posted by redjacked (47 posts) -
@MonkeyMelon said:

" What"s the fun in these types of games? "

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women
#522 Posted by Divingsheep (1 posts) -

nice little informal preview

#523 Posted by Zlatko (67 posts) -

This was one of the best things I've watched off this site. You guys def. should look into doing more of these. :)

#524 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -

Brad more Starcraft video blog! 

#525 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

More of these, please.

#526 Posted by Silock (238 posts) -
Definitely need to see more of these Brad!
#527 Posted by MattDementous (103 posts) -

aww D: you seemed so sad when it crashed :C

#528 Posted by arcadmix (41 posts) -

I want that rapture print

#529 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Brad totally needs to do more of these video series.

#530 Posted by ConstantineL (89 posts) -

Its been over 2 years since this video came out. I wasn't even aware of the site at the time, but the intro of the video still rings true for me today.

#531 Posted by HellBound (1087 posts) -

Why was there no quicklook for this game?

#532 Edited by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

@hellbound: because the final game hasn't unlocked yet. they could have done the beta, i guess- but blizzard's always messing with stuff in the beta, so what would be the point?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.