What a week it has been! GSL & GSTL Update (SPOILERS)

Posted by DerBrick (226 posts) -

Wow, its has been a crazy week. Puma left TSL to join EG, Sheth leaves FXO, and QXC all killed IM! All is lost, the world is coming to an end soon, cats are sleeping with dogs, and vampire nerds are runnin wild.

Code A finals were last Monday, congratulations to Puzzle who will have a seat in Code S August.

Round of 8 in Code S was kinda nuts. NesTea made it look easy, smashing CoCa 3-0, and those games took less then 35 min *StarCraft 2 time*. HongUn took out the Kratos Protoss, in a shocking 3-1. The Liquibet match up was 134 for HongUn and 8887 for MC and a whole lotta nerds cried at the end of that match up. LosirA took out Trickster 3-2, after Trickster showed some very interesting builds. Bomber broke the hearts of nerds everywhere losing to Byun 3-2. Bomber had a 2-0 lead and proceeded to drop the last three games MKP style. So, Monday, NesTea vs. HongUn and Byun vs. Losira. Could we see an IM vs IM in the finals?

Up and Down groups were drawn and they are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Group A

• MKP
  • FruitDealer
  • Ryung
  • Dream
  • Happy

Group B

• anypro
  • sC
  • Tassadar
  • asd
  • Noblesse

Group C

• aLive
  • InCa
  • Keen
  • Leenock
  • vanvanth

Everyone plays everyone in round robin fashion. Top two from each group will move into Code S, everyone else back to A.

In GSTL news, QXC all-killed IM, to help give FXO their first win before they head back home. HuK clutched out two wins for oGs-TL to get them the win over Prime.

oGs-TL 4 - Prime 3

FXO 4 - IM 0

StarTale 2 - NSHeoSo 4

Team Standings

Group A

1. Team SCV Life 2-0 (8-3 +5)
  2. MVP 2-0 (8-6 +2)
  3. oGsTL 1-1 (7-7 0)
  4. F. United 0-0 (0-0)
  5. SlayerS 0-2 (5-8 -3)
  6. Prime 0-2 (4-8 -4)

Group B

1. HoSeo 3-0 (12-4 +8)
  2. StarTale 2-1 (10-9 +1)
  3. IM 2-1 (8-9 -1)
  4. ZeNEX 1-2 (9-8 +1)
  5. fOu 1-2 (8-9 -1)
  6. FXO 1-4 (8-16 -8)

So next week, no team league, Monday is Code S Ro4, Up and Down matches are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. MLG Anaheim starts on Friday, GSL Code S finals are Saturday and Championship Sunday is on... Sunday.

#1 Posted by DerBrick (226 posts) -

Wow, its has been a crazy week. Puma left TSL to join EG, Sheth leaves FXO, and QXC all killed IM! All is lost, the world is coming to an end soon, cats are sleeping with dogs, and vampire nerds are runnin wild.

Code A finals were last Monday, congratulations to Puzzle who will have a seat in Code S August.

Round of 8 in Code S was kinda nuts. NesTea made it look easy, smashing CoCa 3-0, and those games took less then 35 min *StarCraft 2 time*. HongUn took out the Kratos Protoss, in a shocking 3-1. The Liquibet match up was 134 for HongUn and 8887 for MC and a whole lotta nerds cried at the end of that match up. LosirA took out Trickster 3-2, after Trickster showed some very interesting builds. Bomber broke the hearts of nerds everywhere losing to Byun 3-2. Bomber had a 2-0 lead and proceeded to drop the last three games MKP style. So, Monday, NesTea vs. HongUn and Byun vs. Losira. Could we see an IM vs IM in the finals?

Up and Down groups were drawn and they are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Group A

• MKP
  • FruitDealer
  • Ryung
  • Dream
  • Happy

Group B

• anypro
  • sC
  • Tassadar
  • asd
  • Noblesse

Group C

• aLive
  • InCa
  • Keen
  • Leenock
  • vanvanth

Everyone plays everyone in round robin fashion. Top two from each group will move into Code S, everyone else back to A.

In GSTL news, QXC all-killed IM, to help give FXO their first win before they head back home. HuK clutched out two wins for oGs-TL to get them the win over Prime.

oGs-TL 4 - Prime 3

FXO 4 - IM 0

StarTale 2 - NSHeoSo 4

Team Standings

Group A

1. Team SCV Life 2-0 (8-3 +5)
  2. MVP 2-0 (8-6 +2)
  3. oGsTL 1-1 (7-7 0)
  4. F. United 0-0 (0-0)
  5. SlayerS 0-2 (5-8 -3)
  6. Prime 0-2 (4-8 -4)

Group B

1. HoSeo 3-0 (12-4 +8)
  2. StarTale 2-1 (10-9 +1)
  3. IM 2-1 (8-9 -1)
  4. ZeNEX 1-2 (9-8 +1)
  5. fOu 1-2 (8-9 -1)
  6. FXO 1-4 (8-16 -8)

So next week, no team league, Monday is Code S Ro4, Up and Down matches are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. MLG Anaheim starts on Friday, GSL Code S finals are Saturday and Championship Sunday is on... Sunday.

#2 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

GSL finals and MLG on the same weekend again? 

Fuck my life.

#3 Posted by csl316 (7977 posts) -

@raiz265 said:

GSL finals and MLG on the same weekend again? Fuck my life.

qft

also, QXC.

#4 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

qxc, sculp and seal. 

Oh my.

#5 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

QXE IS A FUCKING HERO

#6 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

If Hongun beats Nestea then I'm just going to go sit in a corner and cry.

#7 Edited by Bwast (1342 posts) -
@baldgye said:

QXE IS A FUCKING HERO

You don't even know how to spell his name, you've probably never heard of him.  

Edit: I have no fucking clue how to embed on this website, HTML doesn't work. Here's a very important video.
#8 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -
@Bwast said:
@baldgye said:

QXE IS A FUCKING HERO

You don't even know how to spell his name, you've probably never heard of him. 
wut
#9 Posted by Obsidian (346 posts) -
@baldgye: His ID is QXC.
#10 Edited by baldgye (756 posts) -
@Obsidian said:

oh a typo

anyone watching NesTea vs HongUn?
#11 Posted by DerBrick (226 posts) -

@baldgye said:

@Obsidian said:

oh a typo anyone watching NesTea vs HongUn?

yeah, i am...

It's not pretty...

#12 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -
#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

It's like you are speaking English but I have no idea what you are saying.

#14 Posted by DerBrick (226 posts) -

@baldgye said:

@DerBrick said:

@baldgye said:

@Obsidian said:

oh a typo anyone watching NesTea vs HongUn?

yeah, i am...

It's not pretty...

It is as I expected

NesTea is just the best player in the world

That game was like when the bully is holding the nerds hand and just hitting him with his own fist.

NesTea makes this game look soooo easy

#15 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

Yeah that wasn't even close to being an even game. If the GSL was school NesTea would be in trouble for bullying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.